Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2011 at 8:24 AM
Default Oh no, not YOU again!
Have you ever noticed that in every neighbourhood you play there's always one other Sim who makes a particular nuisance of themselves by being omnipresent?
Or have you never had something like this:
- You're waiting for an important opportunity to come up but whenever the phone rings it will be him/her
- The door bell rings and and you peek through the curtains only to discover that it is him/her
- You take your crush to the remotest park on the map for that all-important first kiss. But guess who will come there, chucking out their guitar and runinig everything?
- You take your lover to the restaurant, everything is going fine and you're ready to propose. Guess who'll walk out of the restaurant, too, march up to your lover and enthuse about their new home...

No matter what you do, no matter where you are there's always the one who thinks they feel entitled to all the attention you can spare. And they're not even your best friend.

Because of this I really hate Bessie Clavell from Sunset Valley now. Whenever she turns around the corner I feel the sudden urge to do what Story Progression seems unable to - make her leave my world for good.

But, as I said, it happens everywhere.
In Riverview it was one Lydia Pearl (initially a homeless teen). She's inappropriate, so whenever she visited and I didn't let her in, she stood around and only left after having kicked my trash can. But when I let her in once she suddenly kissed two of my teenage sons without warning and you know what this means: They're both now in love with her. Two days later she calls and asks whether I would want to hang out with *her*, the wrecker of my family. Well, I did hang out with her and now she kicks all the trash cans that can be found in hell :D

But the worst thing about these pests is that whenever they've met their Maker another Sim will take over and fill their position. Recently I downloaded a custom world "The Lost Island" and at moments like these I really think about making this my permanent abode.

Do you have similar experience with that one special Sim that is so annoying that whenever you start a new game in that town you cower in fear as soon as you spot them again?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th May 2011 at 8:46 AM
To be honest, i just kill off sims that annoy me. Mainly mystical, teleporting paparazzi, who manage to find there way onto my land, even though i have a gate, and a very high wall surrounding the whole thing. Case in point:

My teen celebrity, level 4, is skinny dipping in the hottub with the Butler.(don't ask...) Randomly, a paparazzi manages to find his way there, and starts snapping pictures. Being evil, and not wanting others to know about it, i hop out, and use magic to kill him by electrocution. Can't exactly have pictures floating around of her sitting naked in a hot tub with the butler.(Again, don't ask...)

Granted, they have to go to a certain extent. Like when an older sim of mine got a promotion, and wanted to hang out with his boss. I went to their house, and first thing, the boss starting yelling at my sim. Then pointing out flaws. My sim then got the wish to see their bosses ghost, so the boss quickly found themselves locked in my basement, with nothing but bright lights, and an extremely loud stereo playing polka music to keep them company. He got his promotion rather quickly, if you know what i mean. ;D

Peeping on my sim in the shower is a very quick way to find yourself locked in a doorless room in my basement. I mean, i know i shouldn't be putting big windows in there, but as it's around the back of the house, in a large area of farmland, anyone who goes back there to look in that window knows exactly what they are doing.

I also do not people who steal my things. Klepto's? Burglers? I find out their names, and when they least expect it, i swoop in with teleportation, and wipe them out with fire. (Man do i live Kolipoki's magic mod. ) I was once in bridgeport, at a club, when in walks a klepto who thought it was okay to steal the phone from my bedside nightstand. As he left, i followed him, and in his front lawn, i teleported in, and BAM! He never saw it coming. However, interestingly enough, about a week later, he shows up at my house, comes in uninvited, and eat the ambrosia in my fridge. After coming back to life, i killed him again. I then joined the ghost hunting profession, and used the tool you get to suck him up, and one quick trip to the science facility, and i never had to worry about him again.

All in all, i understand your pain. Sometimes, the sims are annoying. Oddly enough, they are just like some people in real life. Dx
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2011 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Klldarkness
{...} After coming back to life, i killed him again. I then joined the ghost hunting profession, and used the tool you get to suck him up, and one quick trip to the science facility, and i never had to worry about him again.
You made this one up, didn't you ?

(Extremely OT: Skinny dipping for teens? How?)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th May 2011 at 9:56 AM
I swear on my sims, that that is a true story, and actually happened! He wouldn't go away. D:

And i believe it's a part of the woohooer by twallan.(Interestingly enough, since he always seems to do this, i expect Twallan to show up at some point, and confirm or deny this. )

Here's a link to his profile, which has a link to his website. :D

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=3142388
#5 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:02 AM
Beau Andrews ... He's constantly having parties and inviting my sim to them - dresscode 'swimwear' but guess what? He doesn't have a pool! So I figure he just wants to leer at my sim in her cossie so.. my sim's husband Mobster and level 8 Assassin will just have to do his stuff ... and make Beau an offer he can't refuse .. *cue Godfather music*...

Beau Andrews, he sleeps with the fishes ... *muahahaha*!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th May 2011 at 11:00 AM
and an extremely loud stereo playing polka music to keep them company.
The Polka music made me lol forcing somebody to listen to Polka is mean to no ends :D

Juan Drarer. He is one of the people I took from Twinbrooks and added to my hood so my hood would have some "townies" I don't play him, he just lives in one of my townie houses. But he is the guy in my hood who's everywhere, calls everybody, and spoils most romantic/private events my Sims try to have.
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th May 2011 at 12:16 PM Last edited by babele44 : 14th May 2011 at 12:53 PM.
Ah, so I am not as paranoid as I thought, thank you all so far. I really begin to wonder if there is some code similar to twallan's Story Progression personalities in the game, because after Lydia Pearl's sudden demise, Don Lotario began to develop a similar disorder. At first I thought that this was a sex thing, as my Sim is reputed to make some rather decent babies (13 visible proofs in the main town and 5 more in vacation spots so far), but I doubt that Don Lotario cares about that

Quote:
I swear on my sims, that that is a true story, and actually happened! He wouldn't go away. D:
Bad day for your Sims then , because you cannot suck in potentially playable ghosts as a ghost hunter and the sucked in ghosts leave nothing in your inventory you could deliver to the science lab, either

BTW: It happens in vacation worlds, too. One of my families owns the remote vacation home in Egypt behind the Pyramids - the one with the pond that is open on three sides. I got my Sims finally in the mood for woohoo, they were neatly placed on the bed and then... nothing. Why? Because one Ms. Shalut has walked all the way across Egypt and placed herself behind a bush, stared at my house and wouldn't budge. She's a Genious, so she probably just wanted to learn something fascinating and I can forgive her that. But I cannot forgive her calling my Sim later when he accidentally stepped on a fire trap because I was so startled by the phone ringing. Yeah, perfect time for a chat. Ms. Shalut's successor then was Sana Madbouli, she has no sense of humour and delights in visting my Sims every day and subsequently bore them to death. It seems to be her default social interaction.
#8 Old 14th May 2011 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
You made this one up, didn't you ?

(Extremely OT: Skinny dipping for teens? How?)

There should be an interraction along with 'go to bed!' and 'do your homework!' that says 'get your freakin' clothes on you boney arsed Lolita!'
Scholar
#9 Old 14th May 2011 at 4:46 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! Its Iqbal Alvi for me. I saw him drive up to the house and wait outside. I locked all of the doors, and I didn't kill him because the cheat thing confuses me. But he just waited so my sim told him to get the heck off of my lot. I'm just glad I don't have late night and annoying papparazzi. Can someone please tell me why there are no trenchcoats for girls!!!!!! Sorry. I just want a girl trenchcoat for my simmies.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th May 2011 at 6:38 PM

Bad day for your Sims then , because you cannot suck in potentially playable ghosts as a ghost hunter and the sucked in ghosts leave nothing in your inventory you could deliver to the science lab, either

1 XML Tuning mod from Crazyworld, + 1 Scripting mod to give you the Spirit bottle from buydebug, with a sell value at the science center of $1000 = The ability to suck up any ghost, playable, non-playable, potentially playable, anywhere, and then sell them for a good amount of cash. Remember, that just because we can't do something, or you don't know how someone has done something, doesn't mean they didn't. Mods are the bread and butter or the PC gaming world. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th May 2011 at 12:21 AM
I am lucky I don't run into this kind of problem. I have sims showing up in inappropriate places, like 2 old ladies showing up in pajamas in my underground "gentlemen club", or a Teen boy showing up in "Lady club" (I play fair, if gentlemen have their places, ladies should as well). But I suppose the game does not understand my purpose of "single gender" hang out place.

If I try my hardest to lay blame, there may be one or two sims who may fit the bill of being nuisance. But they really don't come close to being that nuisance that I must do something about. At the very worst I do "resetsim" on them, but so far I didn't have to do so (at least not resetsim for the purpose of getting rid of them). However I do believe that it is TS3 intention to always attempt to populate the scene with a sim or two to make it less empty. Since there is not enough sims to simulate the whole world, TS3 would pick a few "stalkers". The problem is, sometimes randomize function is not working, so you keep seeing the same sim over and over.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th May 2011 at 12:37 AM
Granted, they have to go to a certain extent. Like when an older sim of mine got a promotion, and wanted to hang out with his boss. I went to their house, and first thing, the boss starting yelling at my sim. Then pointing out flaws. My sim then got the wish to see their bosses ghost, so the boss quickly found themselves locked in my basement, with nothing but bright lights, and an extremely loud stereo playing polka music to keep them company. He got his promotion rather quickly, if you know what i mean. ;D

Peeping on my sim in the shower is a very quick way to find yourself locked in a doorless room in my basement. I mean, i know i shouldn't be putting big windows in there, but as it's around the back of the house, in a large area of farmland, anyone who goes back there to look in that window knows exactly what they are doing.

How does putting them in an empty room do anything? I tried to starve 'em that way, but they always say they have to leave and then they just disappear. D:

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th May 2011 at 1:09 AM
It depends on how they get there. If you invited them over, then they will leave. But if they just happen to be there, they can die from starvation. You can also use testingcheatsenabled true, then moveobjects on, right click on the land the sim you want dead, choose build/buy on this lot, grab the sim, click shift enter(Or whatever shortcut it was to center on your house, and then place them in the basement. They can't leave when you do that.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:00 AM
It depends on how they get there. If you invited them over, then they will leave. But if they just happen to be there, they can die from starvation. You can also use testingcheatsenabled true, then moveobjects on, right click on the land the sim you want dead, choose build/buy on this lot, grab the sim, click shift enter(Or whatever shortcut it was to center on your house, and then place them in the basement. They can't leave when you do that.

I did that in TS2, rather a boring way to kill a sim, they take forever to die. They would be smelly (from peeing themselves) and eventually died in their own puddle, rather a nasty sight. Yep, in TS3 you can't imprison guests anymore as they will somehow leave when they want to leave.

I rather just "resetsim" and hopefully not have to see him/her for a long while (unless his house is right there).

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th May 2011 at 3:36 AM
I actually found this to be rather amusing. I find that it adds character to that character. :p
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th May 2011 at 7:01 AM
Remember, that just because we can't do something, or you don't know how someone has done something, doesn't mean they didn't. Mods are the bread and butter or the PC gaming world. :D
Yessir, lesson learned , sir. I've given all my Sims the hidden "can salute" trait now, and every morning they raise a flag in your honour as a daily reminder.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th May 2011 at 7:18 AM
Sounds like my ex boyfriend.

When I used to play Twinbrook, Amy Brull? would constantly show up first for EVERY THING. It's the buttcrack of dawn and my sim is going to the junk yard - oh Amy's already there, standing in the middle of the lot reading a book.

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 15th May 2011 at 8:21 AM
Yessir, lesson learned , sir. I've given all my Sims the hidden "can salute" trait now, and every morning they raise a flag in your honour as a daily reminder.

Off topic, that "Can Salute" trait is probably the most ridiculous trait there is. Actually, "useless" is the correct term.

Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
Sounds like my ex boyfriend.

When I used to play Twinbrook, Amy Brull? would constantly show up first for EVERY THING. It's the buttcrack of dawn and my sim is going to the junk yard - oh Amy's already there, standing in the middle of the lot reading a book.

Who is your ex boyfriend? Btw, Amy Brull's story reminds me of some off side characters in Japanese animations. They always like to include one weird/nerdy/overly obsessive side character in almost every anime. They will make that a girl usually, and they make that girl cute. So Amy Brull showing up first for everything including standing in the middle of the junk yard reading a book is quite a familiar sight to me, in anime anyway.

Damn it, you guys just make me starting to look for such "annoyance" stalking my sim world. I have been fine all these times, and now I just have to be paranoid about this. *sigh*

Original Poster
#19 Old 15th May 2011 at 7:51 PM
Strange, now that you mention it, Amy Bull in Twinbrook did have that potential in my game, too, but she married a family-oriented guy and from then onwards she was too busy having babies (I made sure of that) and couldn't lurk in foggy corners anymore BUT Barnacle Bay has an Amy Bull lookalike in the person of Odessa Cross and she's the nemesis of my Sims there.
Whenever I switch to another family, and if it's only for a few Sim hours, as soon as I come back to my main family, Odessa Cross will be standing in their kitchen.

As to your other problem, tomomi, try downloading the "tinfoil hat mod" by Simparanoids United. I heard that it helps...
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th May 2011 at 8:24 PM
I have gotten a few sims like that, I can't recall their names and they don't necessarily stalk me. But they wont stop calling me for opportunities! Sim wants x amount of tomatoes, Sim wants some Cookies, Use x action on Sim. They sound really desperate for some company, lol.
The only thing that REALLY gets on my nerves though, is that EVERY TIME I have built a house and forgotten about the burglar alarm, one comes the night the sims moved in! Then they all psychicly wake up and stand around and if I call the police they take absolutely forever... so now I just use mastercontroller and have them meet their ends.
#21 Old 15th May 2011 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kirlay
I have gotten a few sims like that, I can't recall their names and they don't necessarily stalk me. But they wont stop calling me for opportunities! Sim wants x amount of tomatoes, Sim wants some Cookies, Use x action on Sim. They sound really desperate for some company, lol.
The only thing that REALLY gets on my nerves though, is that EVERY TIME I have built a house and forgotten about the burglar alarm, one comes the night the sims moved in! Then they all psychicly wake up and stand around and if I call the police they take absolutely forever... so now I just use mastercontroller and have them meet their ends.

This is so true!! Usually it's Judy Bunch wanting to sample some of my fine cookies ..WTF? Judy Bunch? That b*tch can get off her lardass and make her own darn cookies ...
Scholar
#22 Old 16th May 2011 at 1:05 AM
Jared Frio! I never knew his traits before. I play a new legacy, then he comes to my house uninvited, stay there till night (doing nothing!), then sleep at my Sim's only bed. I can't shoo him, so my Sim sleeps on the floor. T_T (Master and his slave, soooooo sad)
He also try to fight my Sim everytime my Sim goes to the theatre. I don't know how can, but it happened.
After too many bad things happened for my Sim because of Jared, I manage for both of them to marry, then my (now) gay Sim kill Jared with Dexter the Bear, then he was under arrest, go to jail, then I delete that save game (too many tragedies)

Hey there! :)
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th May 2011 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
This is so true!! Usually it's Judy Bunch wanting to sample some of my fine cookies ..WTF? Judy Bunch? That b*tch can get off her lardass and make her own darn cookies ...
Well, you know, Judy Bunch, aka The Brood Mother , is so firmly bent on producing more Darkspawn that she can hardly find time to make cookies herself. You've got to help her!

Quote: Originally posted by haricots
Jared Frio! I never knew his traits before. I play a new legacy, then he comes to my house uninvited, stay there till night (doing nothing!), then sleep at my Sim's only bed. I can't shoo him, so my Sim sleeps on the floor. T_T (Master and his slave, soooooo sad)
He also try to fight my Sim everytime my Sim goes to the theatre. I don't know how can, but it happened.
After too many bad things happened for my Sim because of Jared, I manage for both of them to marry, then my (now) gay Sim kill Jared with Dexter the Bear, then he was under arrest, go to jail, then I delete that save game (too many tragedies)
Wow, this sounds very desperate.
Alchemist
#24 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:20 AM
- You take your crush to the remotest park on the map for that all-important first kiss. But guess who will come there, chucking out their guitar and runinig everything?

i imagined this to be the sim-equivalent of a Ned Flanders (from The Simpsons), constantly popping up over your sim-fence with a "howdily-diddely neighborino!"

now i am off to make a sim!flanders.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig