Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2011 at 10:23 PM
Sims blocking themselves when they choose a chair to sit
Sorry for my rather poor English. I'll try to explain what I mean. I have big families, and I like all of my Sims to eat together. And that's where the problem begins. When I tell all of them to take the meal, they are screeming ther's no place to sit. It's because all of Sims whant to take the meal and have a sit in the same time. Do you also have something like this? I have to wait until one Sim takes a plate and sit down, and then tell other Sim to take the plate. It's really getting me mad!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th May 2011 at 10:48 PM
Yes, the AI logic behind choosing the chair is awful and broken. That's why it's one of the first things Pescado fixed with his Awesomemod and I'm grateful he did 'cause it was driving me nut!
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th May 2011 at 10:54 PM
my sims seem to have this utterly...pants-on-head-retarded way of setting the food down someplace, then proceeding to SIT IN ANOTHER SPOT...and then complaining that they cannot access the food.

*facepalm.*

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th May 2011 at 11:00 PM
Well I know, some people like awsomemod, but my game Is working badly with It. Maybe ther's other mod for those chairs? I'm rather in NRaas Clan.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th May 2011 at 4:28 PM
There's no clan whatsoever, there's game flaws and fixes brought by mods. Without Pescado, Twallan, TwoftMama, Chaavik, Buzzler, Ani etc etc I would not touch that game with a 30 feet pole!

However, nope I never saw another mod that corrects that chair finding problem glitch.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2011 at 1:01 PM
I found a way to make this "chair bug" less dissturbing. I put a group meal plate in the middle of the table. Sims still sometimes have chair problems, but not so often. Oh, and by "Clan", I didn't mean some kind of mod, but group of mods, created by Twallan.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st May 2011 at 1:33 PM
I don't know why they didn't make so everyone has their own, preferred chair like they did with the beds.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2011 at 6:30 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 22nd May 2011 at 11:10 AM.
Well I gues there were several ways they could make it work properly, but they simply didn't care...
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd May 2011 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
I don't know why they didn't make so everyone has their own, preferred chair like they did with the beds.

This would be nice. Didn't they do it in TS2? Or maybe someone made a script for it. It came to be quite an annoyance for me when I play a household of a very rich and single sim and his servant. So his high and mighty dining setup is a solo table in his penthouse apartment in Bridgeport, dining alone in 1 round table and 1 chair while his servant waits next to him, or even perform live music.

I set it up so that the kitchen is closer to the servant quarter which is locked as "servant only" so the master has no choice but to eat at his table while servant will eat at the nearest table in her room. It is not 100% fool proof as often time the servant chooses the farther table and the master ends up eating his steak or lobster standing. It is not a game breaker, just rather annoying, and can be hilarious.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd May 2011 at 2:27 PM
Maybe one day someone will write a script for it...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd May 2011 at 2:56 PM
I don't remember ever having a problem like this, even when I had large families with a big table. When i call a meal it still works correctly, even though it was kind of weird seeing them walk in circles around the table until they got a seat, though.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 22nd May 2011 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
I don't remember ever having a problem like this, even when I had large families with a big table. When i call a meal it still works correctly, even though it was kind of weird seeing them walk in circles around the table until they got a seat, though.

It works well if there is enough room around the table. Admittedly TS3 works this out much better than TS2 given the exactly same setup as I see a lot less traffic jam ever happen.

But don't confuse "less traffic jam" with "smooth sailing". There are many micro lots where it works amazingly as you test with a sim while you magically make everything fits in a tiny space. Yes, he can get in that chair, he can get through that spot. But when you have 3-4 more sims around, it is an entirely different story.

Speaking of which, I went to a restaurant yesterday where they put very small tables so close together that I have to squeeze myself through a space between 2 tables to get into my seat and the space is barely a little more than half a foot wide (around 16 cm). We human are absolutely more flexible than sims.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:11 AM
Well it's true, when Sims have bigger space around the table, they don't block so often. But I build rather smaller houses with small kitchen....
Inventor
#14 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9

Sounds like you sometimes forgot to turn off the music.