Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2016 at 8:48 AM
Default A game-patch to fix Story Progression!
Hello!
As mentioned before on another thread, my neighbor sims won´t marry each other, have kids and so on.
Anyone else have this problem?
I don´t know if you guys would care, but what about a sign-list to those who wants a new Game-Patch for The Sims 3?
On the other hand, I don´t think EA would listen if only I or some few people wants a new Game-Patch, because most of the people are in to The Sims 4!
In my opinion, EA left a unfinished game.
The StoryProgression WAS very fun to play with...but not anymore!
In my town, there is only elders left with NO kids!
And if some new neighbors moved in, the all look the same, same eyeshape, noseshape, mouthshape and headshape.
It´s just the color in the sim that differs, like eyecolor, skincolor and haircolor.
And the bodyshape.
When my Sims family grows and the children grows up and need a spouse, I´m forced to travel to China, Egypt or France to marry my sims!
The two options we have is to download mods or make our own tuning mods to maintain a vibrant town.
But the intention was to see neighbors have kids and so on!
I don´t know which patch my neighbor sims stopped having kids, but I think this might be able to fix with a new patch!
And those who have many bugs/glitches would be happy too!
I and maybe among with others will be super happy if EA could fix this mess!
Thank you in advanced!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 13th May 2016 at 10:15 AM
I think I'm answering for many people when I'm saying I wouldn't like EA near my game at all. Everytime they fix something they screw up something else.

If I were you I would learn to live with mods, because with them you can make a game you would like to play, EA would never be able to make a game for everyone. When it comes to Sims3, they don't earn much on it anymore and is only likely to add patches they can get their money back for, like the 1,69 it's only real goal was to stop piracy.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2016 at 11:08 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th May 2016 at 11:14 AM.
There hasn't been a TS3 development team in place at EA for around two and a half years now. There is no one there capable of designing such a patch. Not that it's outside the total realm of all things possible for EA to reassemble such a team, it sure doesn't seem likely now.

There are two well known and still supported by developers versions of story progression that will progress your neighbors properly and not leave you with Ghost Town Syndrome. Not to sound biased or anything, but I think the flexibility and customization options that come with the NRaas version win out. There are others who are bigger fans of AwesomeMod's Story Mode. They have both been around for quite a while. Have you tried either or both of them along the way?
Theorist
#4 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
most of the people are into The Sims 4!

Where did you get this from? The overwhelming evidence here, and on just about every other Sims website, is that EA are into Ts4, but the community are into Ts3

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th May 2016 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Where did you get this from? The overwhelming evidence here, and on just about every other Sims website, is that EA are into Ts4, but the community are into Ts3

Well... a lot of my friends are also really into TS2.

As was previously said, there hasn't been a major TS3 patch for years now (and EA can't do anything right besides maybe flavor text). Fun fact: Before EA Story Progression just gave your town Ghost Town Syndrome, people would have babies left and right only to have all those babies subsequently die.

I recommend installing either NRaas Story Progression or AwesomeMod for better story progression. You can also use this method to get rid of the samefaced townies, as well as Master Controller to delete the townies you already have but don't like.

(You can't have Awesomemod's other features turned on with NRaas' mods though, otherwise they conflict.)

I understand why some players would be wary of mods, but honestly TS3 is enough of a buggy mess that it's borderline necessary to have at least a few.
Scholar
#7 Old 14th May 2016 at 3:30 AM
I hate the EA story progression. I remember once I had a family I was working on and they had a child, then I decided to let the game do its thing for them while I switched to a different household. I went to visit the other household to see how the baby was doing and it was gone, I had no idea what was going on and thought the game glitched. The active household I was playing were relatives of the other I had been playing, so I checked the family tree. Sure enough the baby was shown as being dead in the family tree, and from that point I made sure I never used the EA SP again.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 14th May 2016 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not sure why you are complaining about EA's story progression? Just use NRAAS SP. Nobody really plays with EA SP.

I like the idea of NRAAS SP, it looks very flexible and I like how it keeps the town full of people, but my after playing a few sim weeks the game just begins to drag. And while NRAAS woohooer makes woohoo too easy, SP has his thing where they make it too difficult to achieve. Yeah, like real life, but damn.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th May 2016 at 3:04 PM
On the one hand, I agree that if you care about this sort of thing then you ought to install NRAAS or another SP mod because it will do the job far better than anything EA created. But on the other hand...EA SP did used to actually work, or in my game it did anyway. It didn't work very well, but I used to see my spares get married and even have kids once I kicked them out, and sometimes my heirs met people whose families had been in the town for generations. But that was back in 2010. Haven't seen anything like that in six years. It's kind of silly that they managed to break it at some point and never got around to making it functional again. I'd probably never use it if they did fix it, but it's the principle of the thing that gets to me.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 14th May 2016 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I like the idea of NRAAS SP, it looks very flexible and I like how it keeps the town full of people, but my after playing a few sim weeks the game just begins to drag. And while NRAAS woohooer makes woohoo too easy, SP has his thing where they make it too difficult to achieve. Yeah, like real life, but damn.

See if this helps: Turn down SP's speed to one of the two slower ones, NRaas>SP >General Options > Adjust Speed (set to Slow or Snail).
There are some more SP tips in the first column On This Page that might help.

BTW ... Love your Avatar :D