Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2016 at 12:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Inactives hiring babysitters, is that normal?
Before installing tagger from nraas I did not know inactive sims hired babysitters for their children, I always thought that the children were just being preserved alone in the inactive house.
Now with tagger I noticed that 1 inactive family had a babysitter inside the house, but the parents were there too together with the children. When switching households there was indeed a babysitter still there and I could dismiss her through the phone.

My question is if it's normal that inactive sims hire babysitters or is it a mod conflict, because what the purpose for inactives to have babysitters really?
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 29th May 2016 at 1:31 AM
Do you have Nraas Go Here? Because, there is a setting under Caregivers to Hire Babysitters for inactives, it's supposed to be disabled by default, but maybe check?

Correction, Use Day Care Instead of Babysitters is set to true by default, and if there is no Daycare in your town, babysitters will be hired instead. Maybe that's it?
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2016 at 3:43 PM
I did make the family myself and set careers and stuff, but I did not hire them a babysitter before switching to my main family.
I did have go here mod, but not anymore as I felt my game might become too cluttered with mods as I have almost all nraas mods and so many other cc.
It's also a new neighborhood from when I had go here mod so it cant be little bits of code left can there? Should I install the go here mod again? Is that advisable?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:00 PM
I have GoHere in and my inactives have babysitters. I do play rotational but even the households I do not play I've seen with babysitters. Take a look on This Page Under Caregivers .

I wouldn't worry about the game cluttered with the mods. I would never want to play without GoHere. Check out the other functions on the page I linked to. Chain_Reaction has updated GoHere and many of us are playing with GoHere In Testing . Among other enhancements, there's a lock door feature in there that is awesome.

Edit: Sorry Blyss .. I linked to the same page you suggested I'm a bit slow today, DUH