Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 2:46 PM
Swiching households?
First of all, I´m sorry if this is untopic, in the wrong place or asked many times before. First post, frequent reader, but I still haven´t found an answer, so bare with me.

My problem, or question is: I have a Sim family, I played with them a long time, one is 3 generation and all, so I really don´t want to lose them, or screw it up. The problem is that I am a little tired off them, I want a break, and I just the other day moved a new family in the neighborhood ( To be new friends to old fam ), and I would like to play with them for a while, until I get new inspiration for my old family. So...IF I turn off aging, and Story progression, can I switch to new house and family, and then back to the old family without big consequences?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 11:02 PM
Under EA standard, even with aging and story progression off you would be taking your chances. The first household might not even be in your game anymore when you return -- this isn't supposed to happen with sims who have been played actively, but it still happens anyway.

NRaas StoryProgression offers more choices for Rotational Play and, if you are willing to let SP take over the world's inactives and their progression, can be used to protect the households you wish to restrict from doing certain things in your absence.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+P...+Caste+Settings
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 4:23 PM
Aah, thanks for the answer. I guess I will find another way, do not dare taking the risk, at least not for my 3 generation sim, I started playing with her Grandma 2 years ago O.o
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 7th Jul 2016 at 6:56 PM.
Well, if this can reassure you @Irralee I fell on this thread a few days ago, and thanks to you for asking, and to Igazor for linking this easy to follow caste makingZ...I can play this other family and my beloved family is doing fine. They seem protected, the only message I got regarding them was that Jared got an athletic skill point...this won't ruin anything I want for them BUT!
After that, I went to grab SP Skill module so they won't pursue skill building, (Skill:Allow = False)
while continuing taking care of their perfect amazing garden while I am not looking, (Skill:Allow Harvest = True)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 12:14 PM
Awh, that is good news @Rosebine . I ended up creating a whole new game instead, to live out the new things I wanted to do without destroying the old family. But it ended up great, because I finally explored Isla Paradisio, and finally managed to get Pangus axe :P