Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:46 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 26th Mar 2011 at 4:12 PM.
Custom Ambitions tattoos and Sims 3 Exchange
Hi,

I created a lot of tattoo with Tattooinator, the package files works in the game, TS3 create the Sims3Pack and upload without problem.

But when I want install it, there is no error with the game but the tattoo isn't showed in CAS.

I extracted the package with Delphy's Multi Sims3Pack Extractor and put it in the Mods/Packages folder, it didn't work.

So I compared the packages, they are differents.

How can I fix it ?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 7:08 PM
Ok, I must load the package generated by Tattooinator and create my Sims3Pack with TSR Workshop. Now it works.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 7:37 PM
Could you please tick Names and Tags at the bottom of the S3PE window, so we can see what we're actually dealing with?

How did you go about creating the sims3pack? If you went into CAS/tattoo parlour, CASted the tattoo and then saved the preset, that won't work. That feature just saves the colours/patterns you used; it will require the original tattoo to work.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 9:36 PM
Okay, that's why it doesn't work.

So I can't upload original tattoos to TS3 Exchange, right ?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 12:35 AM
It is technically possible to convert a package file into a sims3pack, but you really have to know what you're doing - the tools are mostly intended for people who want to unpack a sims3pack, edit it slightly, then repack it. If the Exchange doesn't accept sims3pack, then there's no definite way of doing it. You could try importing the file into TSRW and then saving as a sims3pack from there, though I'm pretty sure that'll result in a duplicate tattoo ingame, it might work for your purposes.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 10:32 PM
I'm so lazy, I prefer upload the packages here, it's easier