Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 2:34 AM
Default Mods to limit the pool of clothing for NPCs
Hi All!!

I hope this message finds you well. I'm hoping to play a fully Medieval world via Praaven but it occurred to me that I have no way of controlling the clothing NPCs will wear when they age in and move in to the world (short of manually changing it myself). If you're familiar with Praaven then you'll know that it's big with lots of lots ( ) -- so lots of NPCs.

I just spent about twenty minutes reading up on Nraas's Dresser Blacklist function but it looks super complicated and seems more focused on what Sims shouldn't wear as opposed to what they should wear. That sounds confusing and I wrote it.... lol

What I mean is, I'd like to be able to select medieval clothing and other CAS-parts so that NPCs are limited to what I want them to use. Does something like that exist?

Many thanks and a thousand cookies <3
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 6:03 AM
Did you read this tutorial?
It's all about creating an Invalid parts tuning. But if you scroll down to the very end, it says, you can use kinda the same method (Blacklist, Export Blacklist and Create a package with the XML), but to create a Valid parts tuning.

That's really the easiest way I know how to do this. Maybe someone else has a better idea?
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LovethMia
What I mean is, I'd like to be able to select medieval clothing and other CAS-parts so that NPCs are limited to what I want them to use. Does something like that exist?

It is possible, but it requires some tedious work. Aside from what Blyss said (which is, honestly, the easier way), you can clone each item of clothing you want gone, disable it for random (if it's enabled), then export the CASP resource from it into a new .package. You will need S3OC and S3PE for this.

1. How to clone an object - select the "CAS Part" option (the last one) instead of the "Normal Objects" one to load the catalog for clothes and accessories (the "Normal Objects" one loads objects like furniture, buildings etc.). Your options will look different (she is cloning an object, not a clothing item), like in the screenshot I attached. On the left you have the categories your item is flagged under; to enable/disable clothing being worn by random sims, check/uncheck the "Valid for Random" option. Save your file after you're done changing categories.

2. Open your file in S3PE and delete all entries except the CASP one (you can leave them in but they occupy disk space pointlessly).

Note that it is possible for CC clothes you downloaded to also be enabled for Random. For those, you'll just have to edit the CASP resource according to this guide, you won't need to clone the item or delete other resources in S3PE (if you delete them, your object won't show up )
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 9:31 AM
You can also use Easy Casp Editor which is very straight forward.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 11:40 PM
Thanks so much for the replies guys! I'll give it a whirl and see what happens lol. <3