Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:26 PM
I realized I forgot to buy the alarm (sims 2)
So I bought it. And it was useless.

Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
That the sultan may keep his tradition in his own land, but not attempt to force them on other rulers.
(Vlad Țepeș)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:24 PM
In fact, being robbed was really annoying, BUT seeing the burglar getting away right in the front of the nose's police that would infuriate me so much to the point of turn off the game. Even today, that happens in The Sims 3. Very annoying.
Instructor
#28 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:04 AM
Probably panicking and looking for the burglar alarm. Panic that there's no burgular alarm and run to the phone to call the police. Hope the burglar spends enough time walking around grabbing things so the police have enough time to get there. I liked how they changed it in TS3 where we could fight the burglar sometimes or the pet could chase them although I didn't know we could even do that until just now lol. But they missed a good opportunity in TS4 to actually have hoods increase or decrease the chance of burglars by how wealthy the hoods are.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:12 AM
I liked it too in Sims 3, my sim being a law enforcement officer and can catch burglars, the kids get the trait and can do it too. Best of all was having a Bonehilda and she come out the coffin to get some of that mofo.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I liked it too in Sims 3, my sim being a law enforcement officer and can catch burglars, the kids get the trait and can do it too. Best of all was having a Bonehilda and she come out the coffin to get some of that mofo.

hahahahahahahaha
Forum Resident
#31 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:11 PM
I was about 6 years old, My sister was playing TS1 and then went out to play with her friends, I decided to take over being the curious kid that I was and then I heard that sound you hear when the burglar is about to come and steal your stuff, not proud of this but I legit pissed myself. I also cried thinking I did something to ruin my sisters game.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:20 PM
EA could of at least told people about the burglar sound when ts1 came out
Scholar
#33 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:48 PM
The first time I got robbed was in the Sims 2 Pets for Wii, The robber got his ass kicked by my sims wife.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
#34 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM
i was socked mad then glad made the game a little more realistic lol
Instructor
#35 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
If you have never or want to hear ts1 burgular music click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMvZClYP_tA

You may want to turn your volume down

I couldn't remember the sound and now I'm going to have night terrors! I must have suppressed the memories!!

Side note: OMG! I remember that house!! I would always put my sims in that house!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
I couldn't remember the sound and now I'm going to have night terrors!

Sorry
i hope you don't have night terrors
Forum Resident
#37 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 8:20 PM
Sims 2- I was 12 years old and I cried because the music scared me.
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 8:32 PM
Sims 3, where the burglar stole my sims toilet... I was playing the random legacy challenge at the same time as well... It was a toss up between selling a couple of windows or the guitar she needed for work to buy a new toilet.

and my Mr just told me of the time his sim was in the shower and the burglar stole the toilet and the sink...

The Whitmore Legacy ~ First Random legacy
The Burris Legacy - Second Random Legacy
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:03 PM
It was TS1, and I was three years old. One minute my sim was carrying out her ordinary, daily life, and the next a scary man with scary music came into my house and stole stuff! It was quite frightening.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
It was TS1, and I was three years old. One minute my sim was carrying out her ordinary, daily life, and the next a scary man with scary music came into my house and stole stuff! It was quite frightening.

You were three years old !!

The ts1 burglar sound is scary for an adult

i feel so sorry for you, all i can imagine now is a three year old girl terrified to play ts1 because of the burgular music

did you still play ts1 after that happened?
Scholar
#41 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:17 PM
You were three years old !!

The ts1 burglar sound is scary for an adult

i feel so sorry for you, all i can imagine now is a three year old girl terrified to play ts1 because of the burgular music

did you still play ts1 after that happened?

Well, honestly, I can't remember. Our computer broke shortly after, so I couldn't play TS1 anymore even if I had a choice.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM
Well, honestly, I can't remember. Our computer broke shortly after, so I couldn't play TS1 anymore even if I had a choice.

i bet that was annoying
Scholar
#43 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:24 PM
i bet that was annoying

I was three. I just started playschool and I was still able to play Grand Theft Auto. Life wad good.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:30 PM
I was three. I just started playschool and I was still able to play Grand Theft Auto. Life wad good.

which Grand Theft Auto game was it?

i've never played Grand Theft Auto
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:39 PM
I was playing the Goth family in Sims 1, and I wanted to mess with Cassandra, so I moved her bed in the backyard among the headstones.

Then, I had a burglar come just as a ghost came out.

That was the last time I played the Goths on Sims 1.

Don't mind me. Just passing through.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:55 PM
So is the OP's critique that the developers shouldn't have absolutely nailed an emotional state so well that in 2014 it's still talked about? All I can gather is that you want bland experiences that bring up no strong emotions one way or the other.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM
I don't remember when my first time getting robbed was, but I can tell you that the burglar music and scare chord that played in TS1 when you got robbed still makes my heart race to this day.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pollux111
So is the OP's critique that the developers shouldn't have absolutely nailed an emotional state so well that in 2014 it's still talked about? All I can gather is that you want bland experiences that bring up no strong emotions one way or the other.

HEY

i posted this thread because i want to talk about getting robbed on the sims

IS THAT OKAY
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:18 AM
Does anyone else want to talk about being robbed in the sims?
Page 2 of 2