Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:53 AM
Default blurry painting
Hi.

I'm trying to make this painting : The First Consul crossing the Alps at the Great Saint-Bernard pass.
The problem is that in game the texture is blurry as you can see in this SCREEN.
But I noticed that when I change the color/texture of the frame, I can see the painting texture correctly (SCREEN). But when I accept the new color/texture and leave the design mode, the texture comes back blurry.

Can I fix that ?

Jim.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 12:10 PM
I hesitate to ask...but did you change the size of the IMG you're using and if so did you alter the mask widths and heights to match the new size of the IMG?

Did you significantly alter the size of the painting mesh itself without also altering the size the picture part has on the dds...that is, the percentage of space on the map that is taken up by the painting part as opposed to the frame part?

And which painting did you clone? I've had great luck with that Tryptich one.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:01 PM
I cloned the painting with a Giraffe.

Yes I changed the size of four IMGs because these IMGs was rectangular and I wanted squares. The red square size is 4x4, the three others are 1024x1024.

I don't really understand this sentence (excuse me) : "Did you significantly alter the size of the painting mesh itself without also altering the size the picture part has on the dds...that is, the percentage of space on the map that is taken up by the painting part as opposed to the frame part?

To make this painting I made a totally new mesh.
Alchemist
#4 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 10:01 PM
If you changed the size of the dds IMG's you may find that editing the mask width and height for the object will help.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=374964

Posts 11 and 13.

If that doesn't work you could try enlarging the portion of your map which is devoted to the image part of your painting (which is what I meant in the sentence that came out so garbled you couldn't understand it...sorry about that.)

If that doesn't work you might consider trying a different painting. For single tile paintings I've always used the EA modern painting...the one with pink and purple squares and that one always responds very favorably to the techniques I've described above. Similarly, the Tryptich is the only two tile painting I've used that can be reliably sharpened up with the techniques I know of.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 2:54 PM
It works, the texture of the painting is now correct. Thank you very much .