Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Regarding the enthusiasm affecting interests: I think it would make more sense if it could be the other way around. If a sim has a high interest in something, the related hobby enthusiasm should be increased. If a sim is really interested in food, they should be more enthusiastic about cuisine.

I thought that's how it already worked, at least to some extent.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Regarding the enthusiasm affecting interests: I think it would make more sense if it could be the other way around. If a sim has a high interest in something, the related hobby enthusiasm should be increased. If a sim is really interested in food, they should be more enthusiastic about cuisine.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I thought that's how it already worked, at least to some extent.

From what I've seen and read, it's apparently easier for them to gain and maintain enthusiasm for their OTH, but everything else, all things equal, will increase and decrease at the same rate without taking interests into account. Instead, hobbies increase interest points rather than interests influencing hobbies and enthusiasm gain. With default behavior, studying first aid would increase interest and enthusiasm in Health and Fitness, but it doesn't necessarily work that way in real life. That's why gummilutt mentioned that all of her sims eventually end up gaining enthusiasm in cuisine, film and literature, and music and dance. If applied to interests, they also gain interests in food, culture, and entertainment, which is a pattern I noticed in my sims too.

tunaisfish's mod makes more logical sense to me in that (edited from the read-me):
1) Interests are not increased by hobby activity, unless it's for the sims' OTH.
2) It eliminates the interest-enthusiasm bleed. To achieve the maximum gain rate, the primary interest is the one that matters. Each hobby now has a unique primary interest. With EA code, a sim with the Games hobby would also get maximum enthusiasm gain in Film & Lit and Music & Dance.
3) It introduces modified conditions by which sims will receive an increase in enthusiasm gain. 'Interest' is now the dominant factor over the gain rate. Sims with a high interest (5+) will get a faster gain, (8+ interest faster still). If they are interested, then relevant high skill (5+ & 8+) will increase the rate too. The OTH still gets a 50% boost.
4) Relevant interests to hobbies are changed. Example: Nature is linked to Animals, Environment, and Weather.
5) Sims will only gain enthusiasm in a hobby if they have a minimum primary interest value of 1 point. This does not apply to the OTH.
6) Sims that qualify for the interest bonus (5 in file 1, 6 in file 3), are given additional 'grace' hours where the enthusiasm will not drop to the lower level. The grace hours increase with enthusiasm level, interest, and OTH.
Page 3 of 3