Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#176 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 6:19 AM
https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...reenshot-37.jpg

You know what that reminds me of?

Yeah. Awesome in terms of "oh hey you can do that?", but nightmare generating.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 2:46 PM
That looks more like a planet than a moon, which is perfect for the story behind my neighborhood.

You know, I once had a dream about the origin of the sims in The Sims 3. In the dream, they were robots that killed all of the humans and took their place by changing their forms to look like them and even pretending to be like them. Strange dream that was... Yes indeed... ...
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 2:55 PM
LordHoramun,

That's what I intended it to be, more like a planet than a moon. Actually, I'm in the process of replacing the moon texture with Jupiter's.

I'll post new pictures, if I succeed
Field Researcher
#179 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 8:20 PM
I haven't thought that any of the previous Store worlds were worth it, but this one looks gorgeous. I expect that I will significantly redo most of the lots, but I enjoy building so that's not an issue. What's important to me is that rest of the world is unique and appealing, and from the screenshots it really seems like it.

But I can't buy it, because the store won't let me use a different credit card number than the (defunct) card I used to purchase some simpoints a long time ago, and I have exactly 25 fewer simpoints than it calls for.

Dammit, EA. My card number isn't "incorrect." It's different because it's a different card!
Scholar
#180 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 8:24 PM
Yes, I will probably get this. I like it, and the crystal power thing and subterranean rabbitholes (lol) look really cool

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#181 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 8:52 PM
I was lucky enough to be gifted this world, and the more I play the more I love it! The terrain sculpting is lovely, and the custom items they made for this (crystals, pipes, magic tree etc.) are really good. It's very photogenic, I've been looking at the clouds and the moon and the nice views more than paying attention to my sims!
Scholar
#182 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 9:30 PM
It is starting to grow on me. Damn it, I have the resolve of a six year old with a cookie jar...

Is anyone else noticing the gem/metal spawners seem to be super overpowered, though? I guess it makes sense in context, with the crystal mine, but it's to the point where I've had to stop picking them up at all because it's unbalancing the money supply too much.

Quote: Originally posted by catangi
I haven't thought that any of the previous Store worlds were worth it, but this one looks gorgeous. I expect that I will significantly redo most of the lots, but I enjoy building so that's not an issue. What's important to me is that rest of the world is unique and appealing, and from the screenshots it really seems like it.

But I can't buy it, because the store won't let me use a different credit card number than the (defunct) card I used to purchase some simpoints a long time ago, and I have exactly 25 fewer simpoints than it calls for.

Dammit, EA. My card number isn't "incorrect." It's different because it's a different card!
That's crazy. Why would they assume you only have one credit card, and that you'd have the same credit card for the rest of your life? Having multiples or using different ones for different things is fairly common these days.

Mad Poster
#183 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 11:59 PM
The moon definitely looks better with some added color, the b&w moon looks almost out of place in this world.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#184 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The moon definitely looks better with some added color, the b&w moon looks almost out of place in this world.

But it isn't greyscale, it's blue/green and looks more like a planet (see images above). Did it not show like that for you?
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ocorreia
I increased the size of the moon, and now I have a more alien-like world

Haha, awesome! But somehow, all I can think of when seeing those screenshots is, well...

Clumsy, Absent-Minded, Shy, Artistic, Unflirty, Technophile
Mad Poster
#186 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
But it isn't greyscale, it's blue/green and looks more like a planet (see images above). Did it not show like that for you?

Oh, oops! My bad. Yes it showed that way, but there's too much light sims3 blue in this world and I disliked the color also on the moon, so I moved Shoni's Hi-Res Moon into my game right away to get back the stark greyscale moon and remove the blueishness on it.

Since then I forgot that I did this, lol, and am thinking that Shoni's is the standard LL moon.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#187 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:21 AM
Ah, that explains it! I think it looks a bit odd to see an alien world with Earth's Moon there; I like to think that the blue/green moon in Lunar Lakes is meant to be a planet, and that Lunar Lakes is situated on that planet's satellite. Because the original 'moon' does look as though it has an atmosphere.

@Zokugai- I really like all the little touches in this world, and the excessive meteorite and metal spawners are part of that. We can tell that Lunar Lakes has a lot of recent meteor impacts, since thee are large craters that haven't eroded. So it would make sense that the planet is situated in a region likely to get meteors; perhaps in an asteroid belt or area of comet debris. And this is confirmed by the meteorite spawning, and also there are a lot of visible meteor showers in the sky. Also, the planet seems to lack precipitation as evidenced by the dried up erosion patterns and the man made waterways. So they have put in a pipe system to explain how houses are supplied. It seems that they thought out the back story and scenarios in this world really well.
Scholar
#188 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:40 AM
I'm with Simsample on the hood's location. It is called LUNAR Lakes, which would mean it's on a moon.

And yeah, but when I find 14 pieces of plutonium on my sim's first day ingame, it seems a little excessive to me. Also, pretty sure that makes my sim either a superpower or an international terrorist.

Field Researcher
#189 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:25 AM
Should I post the Bella Goth conspiracy here or make a new thread?

If you haven't noticed, there is a grave on Lunar Lakes which says Bella Goth. If you ressurect her, she'll look like a thin, decaying, yellow hair and eyeshadowed person. On the Official Sims 3 boards they are creating so many theories on whether this Bella is THE Bella or if she's a failed clone of Bella or whether she is another person with the same name.

There is also a mail carrier by the name of Mathilde Goth who looks like what Bella Goth does in Sims 2... could this be a descendant of Bella since Lunar Lakes takes place many years after TS2
Scholar
#190 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:58 AM
I just don't understand how that would make sense. They crashlanded or whatever, right? They weren't planning on staying there. So what, did they just happen to have Bella's centuries-old dead body on ice in the kitchen when they crashed?

Instructor
#191 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:23 AM
Well if it is Bella, it makes sense that her "corpse" would be all funky - the atmosphere, etc.
I mean, have you seen the premades in the town? All their eyes are an orangey colour.
Field Researcher
#192 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 9:24 AM
Well, Bella supposedly disappeared because aliens took her, so maybe that's where she ended up

I don't know, this whole Bella fetish is kinda ridicuolus if you ask me, she can be dead, stinky and yellow for all I care.
Mad Poster
#193 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 11:16 AM
It blew right past me that the sims are living on the moon of the blue planet rising in the sky, but this is obviously how it is.

So I'll give this one more try. My Lunar Lakes sims stranded on this ancient moon, have spent the generations pooling their knowledge and wisdom, searching the ends of the galaxy with their little home telescopes, hoping one day to discover and possibly return to their long lost home.

Scholar
#194 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
Well, Bella supposedly disappeared because aliens took her, so maybe that's where she ended up

Stop ruining my complaining with logic.

Instructor
#195 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
I just don't understand how that would make sense. They crashlanded or whatever, right? They weren't planning on staying there. So what, did they just happen to have Bella's centuries-old dead body on ice in the kitchen when they crashed?

I thought the sims who crashed were the first generation of sims on the planet and the sims we see now are offsprings of those sims? I figured it would be logical to have a graveyard of sims who died of old age or otherwise.

I think you need the Landgraab backstory as well to tie it all up but I honestly could care less. I prefer making my own sims and make up my own storylines.

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It blew right past me that the sims are living on the moon of the blue planet rising in the sky, but this is obviously how it is.

So I'll give this one more try. My Lunar Lakes sims stranded on this ancient moon, have spent the generations pooling their knowledge and wisdom, searching the ends of the galaxy with their little home telescopes, hoping one day to discover and possibly return to their long lost home.

Personally, I'd like to believe that they see another planet than Earth because it would be too far away. I mean if you're going into outer spcae, you might as well go somewhere exotic.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Alchemist
#196 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
Should I post the Bella Goth conspiracy here or make a new thread?

If you haven't noticed, there is a grave on Lunar Lakes which says Bella Goth. If you ressurect her, she'll look like a thin, decaying, yellow hair and eyeshadowed person. On the Official Sims 3 boards they are creating so many theories on whether this Bella is THE Bella or if she's a failed clone of Bella or whether she is another person with the same name.

There is also a mail carrier by the name of Mathilde Goth who looks like what Bella Goth does in Sims 2... could this be a descendant of Bella since Lunar Lakes takes place many years after TS2

Ewwwww, decaying, really? Want pix now!
Instructor
#197 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Ewwwww, decaying, really? Want pix now!

Here you are.
Alchemist
#198 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Here you are.

*gags* Thank you so much.
Instructor
#199 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
*gags* Thank you so much.

No prob.

I actually kind of want Lunar Lakes now, if only to make a story about Bella.
Mad Poster
#200 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:34 PM
The real Bella Goth had brown eyes, not yellow.
Page 8 of 10