Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 11:57 PM
Default How do you play the Sims 2 without Maxis townies?
I want to create my own town without having Maxis townies. I just want to have unique looking sims that I created. I read a couple of tutorial but for some reason they were really confusing. I only have the Double Deluxe version that comes with Nightlife. Any help would do or if you could just lead me to an easier tutorial than just post it here.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 12:37 AM
I understand that want. I hate those ugly Maxis sims. I've seen the tutorials you talk of and they are indeed complicated. From what I gather you definitely need SimPE, and some hacks. How I've gotten around this (for the most part) is I have created a lot of custom sims family (and play them) and I have so many that eventually when the sim I'm playing goes to a lot, my other custom sims are there and not as many Maxis sims. Sorry if that wasn't a help, it's just what I did since I can't even run SimPE on my computer. And those tutorials are confusing if your not used to how hacks and mods work.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 1:03 AM
Easiest way is to use clean templates for your hoods: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4306.0.html
There are templates with just maxis-playable sims, no townies. Or if you don't want any of the pre-made sims, use empty templates.

Just follow the instructions

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 3:57 AM Last edited by XTigerBite86 : 25th Mar 2010 at 11:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
Easiest way is to use clean templates for your hoods: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4306.0.html
There are templates with just maxis-playable sims, no townies. Or if you don't want any of the pre-made sims, use empty templates.

Just follow the instructions

Thats the thing Maranatah. I've been there and it's a bit confusing sometimes. Now the thing is you know there is the Pleasentview empty template but what about the other 2 templates. I don't know how to explain this but when I downloaded the Pleasentview template it was a .zip file. Inside the .zip was a folder containing the empty templates for N001, which is for neighborhood 1, Pleasentview. But where are the other templates for the other 2 towns? I found the links but when I downloaded them they were U001 and U003. Shouldn't it be N and not U? Sorry if I confuse you more.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 4:36 AM
If you just want to get rid of the default townies that come when you make a new custom neighborhood, all you need is a cleaned Pleasantview template. That fixed group of townies you see over and over (Goopy, Marylena, Komei, etc) is actually the Pleasantview townies that get copied over to every hood you make. Get a cleaned Pleasantview, and you'll never see Goopy in your new hoods again.

If you also want a cleaned Strangetown and Veronaville, they're in the very last link of the first post of that thread. But they're only good for playing those two hoods, they don't make any difference on the townies you would get in custom hoods.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 4:40 AM
XTB, let's start from the beginning. What do you want to do? Do you want to play one of the EAxis hoods (Pleasantview, Strangetown, or Veronaville) with the residents intact but your own townies, or do you want to create a custom neighborhood?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 9:10 PM
ginrouken - so Strangetown and Veronaville doesn't matter then? I actually just prefer to not play any of the town or not have any of the townies appearing in my created town, including downtown sims.

mangaroo - I want to just play in my created town without having to see any of the Maxis created sims. The mailman, gardener, etc is fine but any other sims I don't want. No I don't want to play any of the hoods. Like I said on top, I only have the Double Deluxe version that has Nightlife and Celebration Stuff.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XTigerBite86
ginrouken - so Strangetown and Veronaville doesn't matter then? I actually just prefer to not play any of the town or not have any of the townies appearing in my created town, including downtown sims.

mangaroo - I want to just play in my created town without having to see any of the Maxis created sims. The mailman, gardener, etc is fine but any other sims I don't want. No I don't want to play any of the hoods. Like I said on top, I only have the Double Deluxe version that has Nightlife and Celebration Stuff.

You need to install clean templates. Best tutorial here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5861.0.html
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:38 PM
Clean templates for N002 and N003 do not matter, as the process of neighborhood creation only ever copies townies from the N001 template. I'm not sure if fresh Universities copy dormies from any template other than U001. It may be that U002 and U003 are only offered if you might want to use those 'hoods for their lots (I know this is the case for the clean B001 template).

So basically you're saying you don't want any randomly generated townies, or no townies at all. Either way, follow the tutorial above and use clean templates from here. Since you have no EPs other than Nightlife, you only need the base and NL templates. (UNI, NL, and OFB seem to be packaged together, you'll only need the D001 template in that zip file.) Also, contrary to the instructions in the tutorial, do NOT get the 'nodormieregen' and 'nostrayrespawn' hacks. Those are for Uni and Pets respectively.

Otherwise yeah, you should be fine from there.