Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 11:14 PM Last edited by 999rozes : 28th Mar 2010 at 6:34 AM.
Default From the Sims 2 and Back to the Sims 1
Has anyone tried playing the Sims 1 recently*? I have and I must say... WOW that is amazing! compared to the sims 2/3 it may look like a generic game but wow!!

I played Michael Bachelor first and his first two visitors are... BELLA AND MORTIMER GOTH!
I was like "OMG YOU GUYS KNOW EACH OTHER...."
then I used the compliment admire button on Bella and Morty was jealous LOL!

But things changed since then since the old College Student died 25 years later...

* the edit
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 1:33 AM
Of course I (we) played Sims 1
It was a great game, haven't played it for 10 years though. Although I still remember my favorite houses, families, sims, storylines, etc... *sigh*
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 2:38 AM
i do play the sims 1. i actually have the complete collection because i lost all of my expansion disks from when i used to play the sims 1 only. :D

the last time i played was a few days ago.. to start a fire. usually when you start a fire in the sims (1 and 2) it burns and the fire goes away after a few hours, and there's only ashes. in my sims game i lit bob and bettys house on fire. bob died, but betty survived and she has a baby.

it looked like the entire house was on fire. it was awesome. :o
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 11:59 AM
Few years ago I used to enjoy playing Sims 1, although my brother downloaded alot custom content to it but it made it better.

Too bad Michael's not alive anymore in Sims 2
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:12 PM
I haven't since Sims 2 came out. But there are times when I do miss it. One of the things I really miss is how default sims weren't automatically all connected to each other. In Sims 1, you didn't need to let any of your Sims even know each other unless you were playing the careers game. Or you could have separate story blocks. Like you could have the Roomies erupt into a love triangle over Michael Bachelor and not have to worry about keeping up the relationship with his sister Bella because that wasn't acknowledged until Sims 2. Daniel and Jennifer Pleasant weren't automatically friends with Cassandra Goth just because they were all children. So instead of one big unwieldy epic to keep a neighborhood's storyline fluid, you could have mutliple unrealted stories going in the same neighborhood. Bob & Betty Newbie could spouse swap with the Goths and it only effected the four of them. And if you didn't want to deal with their story you could skip over to the Roomies feud over Michael Bachelor and forget about the Newbies and Goths alotogether. Or if you wanted to try and tame the bitter pills that were the Pleasants, you could just focus on them.

This is one of the reasons I never took to Riverblossom Hills as much as I would have liked. If I play the Greenmans who fasicnate me because of the plantsim lifestyle Rose and Daisy live, Jason's related to Gabe O'Mackey. So there's that relationship to consider. Then Gabe's got the romance with Patricia Wan. Which brings her and Cleo into the mix and before you know it the whole neighborhood's in the mix when I just don't care about them that way. Whereas if it were up to me to bring Gabe and Patricia together and play them and Cleo as swinging singles unconnected to the other characters, it would be far more entertaining. Not to mention it would make me feel more comfortable resenting the Roth family for being pale imitations if they weren't so inter-related to their neighbors and more easily snubbed.

But all the default populations in Sims 2 all seem to be this way. Everybody related to everyone else in some way or another. Just about only exceptions I've found without going to CAS are are sim bin characters like Ajay Loner or university students like Marla Biggs and Stella Terrano. That's why I tend to so love La Fiesta Tech. You have Roxie and Edwin living with her boyfriend Jonah, The friends Mitch and MAx and Delilah O'Feefe all connected and then everybody else. So as long as the folks in their story arc age the same, you can shear them off from the rest of the playables sims on campus. Thus making the world around them so much more manageable than if you're hopscotching across dozens of loose relationships.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 2:51 AM
My netbook can't handle Sims 2, so I bought Sims 1. It's OK up to Superstar; then it gets wonky, but with the five expansions, I can still find enough custom Sims 1 stuff to make me content. Besides, my little netbook has only one gB of RAM. Before I got Sims 2, I played Sims 1 on the Game Cube.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm still a Sims 2 addict. But Sims 1 does have its own quirky charm, and is a lot of fun to play. It's the way they act. I can't exactly describe it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 3:16 AM
I play each Sims game from 1 to 3, each of them has things that are interesting and fun (I love the vacations in Sims 1, the ability to run a business in Sims 2, and the adventure/extreme style vacations. traits, and opportunities systems in Sims 3). Each of them is fun and amusing for different reasons. I honestly don't even bother with careers for Sims 1, I just "rosebud" that characters everytime they go broke and keep them on vacation, or have them build up their superstar status, or learning all the spells that came with Makin Magic.

BtW Gazania thanks for linking to my site in your signature. Deestar
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 6:33 AM
Guys what I have tried to ask was if you played the game RECENTLY... sorry if i didn't make any sense in the first post XD
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 8:17 AM
I played it as recently as last summer when I brought the complete collection (played it as well before ts2, but I never had making magic and my computer couldn't really handle superstar), and sure it was fun and such, but it was tough looking at your sims from only 4 directions, and after getting used to zooming in very close, they seemed now so very far away, and very tiny. There were more pets than I remembered, but you can barely make them out becuase they are so small. So I played it a few times, and then stopped.

And of course Bella and Michael Bachelor know each other, they are suppose to be brother and sister.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 11:02 AM
that was a statement bit a question.
It was more like "OMG YOU GUYS ARE BROTHER AND SISTER IN THE NEXT GAME! don't tell anyone but Bella, you're going to be abducted by aliens and Michael are going to die... now you two can converse..." *they converse and are on their negatives. Mortimer is jealous of Mikey Complimenting Bella XD then I'm like "OMG SIBLINGS..." xD
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 7:07 PM
I have the complete collection but haven't played it in a couple of years. This makes me kind of nostalgic for it though. I loved the superstar EP just so silly and funny but always challenging. The spells in makin' magic were also great. I remember using the one about talking to your pet and then finding out that it turned them into a human sim. I kept referring to him as "catboy" cause really he was a cat.

I love TS2 but it does seem to me that there is not as much "whimsy" in the game as their was in the original.