Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Huge bills in cheap apartment! Very confused...
I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I love building/playing apartments. In all my previous apartments, I added solar panels (and such things) to the common areas so my sims actually GOT money instead of having to pay bills. So I decided to take it a step further and be totally cheap, reducing individual apartments to 3x6 rooms with a bed, desk, and bathroom. Everything else I put in the common area.
On one lot, I loaded the common area with tons of awesome stuff (including solar panels and whatnot) and then had my sim rent a furnished mini-apartment for about 100 simoleons. Her bills were 26k+! So then I had her rent an unfurnished. Still 26k+. So I made a new lot, smaller and with cheaper common area stuff. 22k+ bills now... better, but still wtf! I specifically did not want to have to motherlode this sim or cheat their bills away.
Is this normal? Are my apartment lots just way too big/fancy? Is she being charged for using common area stuff? What is going on? This doesn't happen in my self-contained apartments.
I is so confuse. :/
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 8:53 PM
It might have to do with the solar panels. The common area shouldn't affect an apartment. Try moving the sim out, then fix the lot by moving panels to the apartment property, roof or whatever area belongs to said apartment. I remember reading somewhere that using too many panels can have an opposite affect by adding to bills, instead of subtracting. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 6:54 PM
The greeting cards... Do you have the Postal System mod?

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fruitsymphony
The greeting cards... Do you have the Postal System mod?

You can't place those though unless you have a sim on lot I think? Do they really have a high nominal value?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 11:50 PM
The problem is not the greeting cards, but something with the postal system mod which is necessary to send the cards can cause 26k bills.
Ref. this thread http://modthesims.info/t/576530

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fruitsymphony
The problem is not the greeting cards, but something with the postal system mod which is necessary to send the cards can cause 26k bills.
Ref. this thread http://modthesims.info/t/576530

Oh now you say it, I remember reading about that. I thought there was also a fix for it?

If not, I wonder if the magic wand would reset the lot value?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc