Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 10:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 landscape graphics issues. problem help?
im not exactly sure how to explain this, but there's something wrong with the way the apperance of the landscape in the sims 2. i'm having this issue:

parts of the mountian are cut off. Is there anyway i can fix that so it just shows up normally?
please help <3
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 11:32 PM
Try setting your view distance to maximum in the graphics options.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:17 AM
Unless your computer is lower end and having trouble rendering the game, in which case making things higher will tax it even more.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try setting your view distance to maximum in the graphics options.

i do have it set on maximum
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prime
i do have it set on maximum

I can't quite recall now but isn't there an option to set it to none?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I can't quite recall now but isn't there an option to set it to none?

set it to none? what do u mean?
there is an option to turn off the fade distance. i tried that but it didnt change anything.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prime
set it to none? what do u mean?
there is an option to turn off the fade distance. i tried that but it didnt change anything.

Yes, that was it - no fade distance. In my game, it means you can see the whole map.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, that was it - no fade distance. In my game, it means you can see the whole map.

yeah, i have fade distance turned off but it still looks like that
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 10:50 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 25th Oct 2016 at 7:37 PM. Reason: fix incorrect information
I think "fade distance" is the wrong setting. That only affects whether a building across the street from your lot fades out or not. Turning it off only means off-lot buildings (lot imposters) will never fade out.

"View distance" is the setting that would most likely affect your problem. Put "fade distance" back wherever you originally had it before and try experimenting with the "view distance" settings instead.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I think "fade distance" is the wrong setting. That only affects whether a building across the street from your lot fades out or not. Turning it off only means off-lot buildings (lot imposters) will never fade out.

"View distance" is the setting that would most likely affect your problem. Put "fade distance" back wherever you originally had it before and try experimenting with the "view distance" settings instead.

sorry for the late reply. but I have view distance on highest setting too and I'm still having this issue
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 6:54 PM
Have you tried setting "view distance" to one of the shorter settings so the mountain doesn't show? I get something similar on my machine from a lot close to a forested mountain, so it might simply be a graphics glitch. The game seems to just sometimes do weird renders of neighborhood terrain and decorative objects on it when you're viewing that stuff from your sim's house. Remember that originally none of this stuff was meant to show from a loaded lot - Nightlife was the EP that allowed us to see outside of our sims' lots for the first time.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 7:04 PM
Some of the neighborhood objects actually hover in the air, and items such as trees on the outside of the forest objects will occasionally seem to hover even more if placed on a slope. It could be these trees have their footprint in the middle, and the trees that hover in the air are on the outside. Have you tried moving the trees, or even deleting them altogether?

Other than that, I'm assuming it could be an issue in the landscape, particularly if it's a custom-made or edited hood template. Too much tampering with the ground can cause strange issues.