Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 8:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default How prevent sims from doing spontaneous "you're crazy" gesture when in night club
Hi, simmers. a little backstory:

A while ago I got this urge to play sims 2 after all these years. I got it back in 2004 when I was in high school and I only played the base game and never got the expansion packs. so I told myself this time I should play them all and experience the expansion packs as it was intended. I mean installing them one at a time by the order of their release, play it for a while and then jump to the next one. So here I am installing nightlife after playing the base game and University and having a good time, but as the title of this thread says I want to know if there's a way to reduce the amount of these "you're crazy" gesture sims tend to do when they are in presence of other sims dancing. It's really annoying. Last night I was in this night club called "Crypt O' something" and my sim was hitting on a girl, my sim and she were doing it after any interactions, any single of them. It was funny at first, but it got old soon. And now I'm in PURE and again they're doing it unstoppable. I quit the game and came here for a solution. BTW, being a lurker for a long time. Nice community.

So, is there any way to reduce it. Any hacks maybe?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 10:57 PM
So far I don't know any mod disabling that animation. They will do that animation only to sims who has no skills in dancing. But if you let your pixels dance more they will obtain more skills in dancing and you will see much less that animation.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
So far I don't know any mod disabling that animation. They will do that animation only to sims who has no skills in dancing. But if you let your pixels dance more they will obtain more skills in dancing and you will see much less that animation.

There is a Cheat Object that will Maximize the Dancing Ability. It is by Treeag and it is called BookOfTalent, look in Hidden Skills for Dancing, but make sure that the Sim has 0 skill in Dancing or the Sim will be unable to Hula Dance or Slap Dance as the Dancing Skill will be Out of Range. To Check the Hidden Skills of a particular Sim you can use the BonsaiOfWisdom by CtfG
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 8:42 PM
It doesn't take long for each sim to gain a few dance skill points. But, if you have one sim click another and choose 'dance together', they will dance normal. You could also get their skills up faster by clicking the DJ booth, then 'Smustle' dance and have your sim check other sims menu and choose let's smustle, they will all gains skills quickly. Hope I explained it enough to understand, just check menus to see how it works. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 2:04 PM
Thanks, fellow simmers. I've done as you said, and it's better now. Smustling in night clubs with everybody sure is fun, btw.