Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#126 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 8:10 AM
Hello! Just checking in again before I need to head to work. Wndy explained it correctly. There is one film, the Killer Tomato movie. Each character your model is to portray is just from a different scene in that movie, since they are supposed to be an extra playing different parts.
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 9:46 AM
Michele, I am curious, where did you get the two pose boxes you have in your image...specifically the umbrella one and the other modelly looking red one?
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wndy26
Michele, I am curious, where did you get the two pose boxes you have in your image...specifically the umbrella one and the other modelly looking red one?

Amazing boxes here!
http://www.simscave.com/index.php?board=149.0

And you can look here-
http://www.sims2wiki.info/Content_L...es%2C_and_Poses

I better try and get some sleep. I will try and tackle the pictures later this weekend.....
Test Subject
#129 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 12:22 PM
Thank you, SolidGoldFunk, now I understood it too! *blows kisses* ^^ Without your explanation i'd still be without an Idea - that was really nice of you!

I'll have some Problems with the Beach again, but i'll try. I still have one Question: Do we have to take the "Tomato" literally, or can they just be called like this because of their... Whatever? Cause I can't mesh and i'm no photoshopping Queen, i'm still learning.

Tririana, as I said i've finished my round so you could put it in the first post if you want, and Aba, are you okay? You're so silent...^^
Scholar
Original Poster
#130 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:14 PM
No, the "tomato" doesn't have to be taken literally. ^^.
Field Researcher
#131 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:18 PM Last edited by wgroome : 15th Nov 2009 at 5:52 PM.
Movie:

"I couldn't believe I got to be an extra in such a big movie, well 3 extras! The first scene I had to fall off the boat, as I was playing the clumsy colleague of Michelle Axworth, the leading lady. It was really weird but a load of fun, I hope it looked convincing! The second scene I got to live out everybody's childhood fantasy and be a policeman! We were just running through some alleyway sets, they were going to put these shots between the main action shots. It was OK, but after running for the fiftieth time between to plywood board, it got a bit boring! The last scene was definitely the weirdest. I had to be a zombie, which meant 3 horus in make-up before hand. I was shooting one of many scenes where the zombies kill innocent people, I got to attack a girl in a bathrobe. Not often you get to do that at work!"

Advert:

"When I saw that the government were looking for a new face of their "Get Healthy", I couldn't resist. And no, not just because I wanted to have my face on billboards and bus-stops! The growing trend of obesity has always concerned me, I really wanted to do my bit to try and help. To me, the pay wasn't important, I just wanted to get the message across."

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:49 PM
Yes my game had a problem - the beah lot that I load up freezed my game alll the time. So I could not enter any lot anymore. I have some not so good pictures but I would lke to stay in the contest so - I will post them in an hour if thatis OK.

I now have to figure out which parts in my download folder do belon to that beachload. And then I can go on normally. So sorry. Am I allowed to still post?

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Scholar
Original Poster
#133 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 8:23 PM
Yes, as I posted earlier you'll be able to submit your round one entry. .
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:06 PM
Default Luke Ster- Round 1
Last week I received a call, I had to go to a photo shoot, immediately. Therefore an hour later I was on the set and they put me into a very awkward Santa Claus outfit and asked me to sit in the snow, It was really cold and the snow was of course very wet. So now I was sitting there for quite some time, and was asked to make a happy face. Not so easy when you can not stop shivering and you feel the muscles in your face freezing. Well I can tell you I am still sore – you know where – from sitting in that snow. However the picture that we shot will end up on the ROCK – Christmas edition! Cool or what? I could not show you the ROCK magazine yet since it is a surprise version however – here is the raw version with my profile on the cover, awesome!

A few days after that I received another call I should have another shoot – at the beach! Hurray, I never had been to the beach so that was a great thing for me. The first shoot was pretty tough. The photographer asked me to look ‘relaxed but appealing’. Yeah right – how the hell does someone look appealing?? Well at the end he liked the result and I liked it as well.

In the evening then I received my reward when I was invited to the Grand opening. It was a nice party, very ‘formal’, may important people there, so the stylist wanted me to look ‘stylish’. She colored my hair and fixed it and twisted it and now I look like a brand new guy. What do you think – you like it?

Contest results so far:
Scholar
#135 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 5:07 PM Last edited by Deatherella : 14th Nov 2009 at 6:28 PM.
Default PHIL McCRAKKEN - ROUND 2
Outshining The Star

"Hmmmmmmmmm . . . . Big Star, big splash."

"Looks like that Big Star over there is getting dusted by the maids."

"MUWWWAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH!!!!! Tomato-Boy 1, Big Star 0!!!!"

It occurred to me, about two minutes into my movie-making adventure, that I was a far better actor than Dirk Novacaine -- supposed great super star. I didn't really set out to upstage him left and right, it just sort of happened that way . . . . maybe because it was soooooo easy.
Right off the bat, I was performing better than Dirk. First thing he does is wobble off the dock for our diving scene. So, while he's floating around whining for his stunt double, I did all the work. Then I had to help the putz get out of the water so he could go off and "have himself a much needed drink".
Okay . . . . . a few much needed drinks later, time to play cop and bust some perps. But, ol' Dirk can't walk straight anymore. Needless to say, I had no problems playing my role of a cop scuffling and arresting my target while the Big Star couldn't even stay on his feet long enough to fight back.
By the time we were almost done filming the movie, the directors and producers thought I was doing such a great job that they let me have a minor role as the tomato hybrid killer. I easily took care of our "star".
On the final day of filming, Dirk Novacaine threw a fit at the top of his lungs saying the director made him look like a fool throughout the whole movie, he'd never work for said director again, and he was calling his lawyer and suing said director before stomping out of the stage area and slamming the door.

A Step Into Advertisement

I was so excited when the PR guy from the Minnesota Wild called and asked if I'd be interested in doing some promo's for them. How could I not choose to? Oooh, yeah! Love that Minnesota hockey. When I was a kid, the North Stars moved to Dallas of all places . . . . can you imaging that? It may have been one of the few times in my life when I felt like hanging down my head and crying. I was so excited a while back when hockey came back to Minnesota. Watched this team grow from "infancy". So, of course, I'm happy to do my part to promote my favorite team --- after all, this season, the Stanley Cup is ours 'cuz "it's in our blood". Woot! Woot!

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
Original Poster
#136 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:09 PM
Two sets of round one scores are in, and I'm just waiting on the last. .
Field Researcher
#137 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 8:06 PM
I am just preparing myself... .. my Round 1 wasn't great, especially the shot of Demetrios at the beach in the day! I was rushed! LOL

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 10:53 PM
All your pictures look great and some are funny! Great job

This round is due tomorrow? Thats what it says on the front page. Not too sure, seeing I think TRIriana gave an ext. I'm very busy at work and still trying to figure out what the heck to do with this round. I know what to do, but not sure how I want to do it......

wndy26, did you get the links I posted on the boxes?
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 10:58 PM
I have a total creativity block on this one.

Contest results so far:
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aba23
I have a total creativity block on this one.

Your not the only one! Maybe it's an age thingy with me First time in all my years of contests, I have ever been this blocked lol
Instructor
#141 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 11:30 PM
I did get the links, thanks Michele...I had no idea there were so many pose boxes....
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wndy26
I did get the links, thanks Michele...I had no idea there were so many pose boxes....

Your welcome. Neither did I until joined Oasis forum

I will try and get my pictures in as soon as possible. Have no idea what I'm doing and have to work tonight. Is photoshop allowed?
Scholar
#143 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 3:13 AM
I hate photoshop! Will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I started out my last part on some whopping big blank 1200 sq canvas, got all my parts for my ad onto it between photoshop and picture it, and when i saved it as a psd and jpg in photoshop, the %%$#**## program shrunk it down to some stupid little 400x300 thing. Why does ps always do that to me? Now I have to start out all over again to get it up to size. I guess the only thing photoshop was good for now, was using it to make gif's of my logo's with transparent backgrounds to use when I restart the whole works in Picture It. I miss PS5, at least it did what I wanted to do ten percent of the time.

Michele. I think we need to use a photo editor to make our ads. The movie pics???? I only stuck my pics onto grungy looking flimclip backgrounds for that part of the round for "realism".

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#144 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 3:45 AM
Deatherella, I don't have photoshop anymore but I don't remember that ever happening.

Did you save it as a .psd first? If you still have the .psd file then you shouldn't have to start over. From what I remember when you save your images as anything other than a photoshop document you get a pop up screen to allow you to change settings and everything. You should try one more time starting with your .psd file and then check your settings. If that doesn't work you can always try GIMP for free. That's what I use now so I've gotten used to that. Also, did you save your work in layers? If you want, since GIMP opens .psd files, I can look at it for you and see if I can figure out why it's doing what it's doing.
Test Subject
#145 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:48 PM
Oh my... I'm blocked too, i once had an Idea, but then MTS went offline and when i came back from shopping, I saw Deatherella's Pics and... Found my Idea in the last one. Oh well, now I'll have to find something new...
Scholar
Original Poster
#146 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:50 PM
Due to MtS being offline for a little while today, I will extend this round from its previous deadline to a new deadline: 15/11 at 7pm GMT.
Scholar
#147 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 6:00 PM
Solid, it happens to me all the time in photoshop. One of the reasons I never use it unless I want parts of pics pasted onto other pics -- which you can't do in Picture It unless the pic you're pasting has a transparent background without white squares around them. I saved it as a psd and it still shrunk it. I did it all over again in Picture It.

pai.kea, it was almost more trouble than it was worth for the last shot. My original idea was to move-object Phil into killer tomatoes like they had for Sims 1 at SimSlice but they didn't make them for TS2. Darn. I searched the net for tomato stuff and that's it -- plants and bushels unless I wanted to hang paintings of tomatoes up all over, too. So I exercised him into a sunstroke and gave him some "leaves" and now he's a hybrid.

TRIriana, thanks for the extension. I kept trying to upload my last pic last night, gave up and went to bed.

Lab Assistant
#148 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 9:22 PM
I have two more pictures to make. I will try and work on them tonight or early tomorrow. I have to work for the next two days
Instructor
#149 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:06 AM
I am running behind with my last few photos as well. Thank goodness TRIrianna gave us an extension. I am going to try to get mine done over night...provided everything cooperates.

Deatherella, what version of photoshop are you using? Are you chosing "Save for web" from the file menu? Also, be sure your double checking your zooming numbers in the bottom left corner of photoshop - it may just be shrinking down because of the zoom level is low and not because the image is any smaller - make sure your zoom level is set to 100% Also, check your crop box to make sure you don't have a specific resolution or length and width set there - those numbers should be blank when you crop. The only way photoshop reduces d0cument size is if you tell it in one of your settings somewhere. And the only settings that do that are the crop tool (located on the tool bar on the side with settings up near the menu bar) and the size option under the edit menu.
Scholar
#150 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:23 AM
wndy26, thanks for telling me that stuff. I have Photoshop 7. I had 5 on my old pc. I don't crop much in ps but I have only zoomed my pics up big enough to see them to work on them -- never knew that they had to be at 100% to save them at that size. I usually just hit save as in the file menu and pic the kind of file I want and then it pops up a box with all kinds of numbers in it for quality that I ignore and then when I exit, it pops up the box to save it as a psd and so I click yes or it never lets me out of the program and that's when it saves my stuff to super small sizes of my original stuff. I'm probably not making sense but this kind of problem happens to me all the time in that program. When I used PS5, the jpg's stayed the size I made them and only shrunk on the psd's half the time in that version. All my pics for this round were almost completey done in Picture It, a sweet little freebie off some super old WalMart photo CD. Whatever works, huh?

Page 6 of 11