Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 8:26 PM
Default Scalp Defiance
Hello! (yet again)

I was wondering if anyone knew, how come the scalp on this hair I'm making won't befriend it's texture? (By scalp I mean that I duplicated the scalp, made it the full opacity ''hair'' group, UV mapped it and everything)
ALSO, why is the texture so green
Here's a picture of the green haired evil scalp sim:

This is what the texture SHOULD look like (In this case, blonde)(And thanks SO much to Greenplumbbob for the help on it's making )

Now I DO have the theory, which is that when I go into ''channels'' in photoshop, there isn't an alpha... Could that be it? Heh.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 9:24 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 15th Jul 2016 at 7:02 PM.
Alright, I tried making an alpha channel, and that wasn't it...

I only have normals pointing outwards, no inside yet. Could that be it, I wonder...
Edit: Eh no, tis' not that.

It is about the alpha. Since it's a texture from scratch, it has no alpha channel...
What I tried before was to copy the texture, go to channels tab and make a new layer, paste it, and it would go black and white. Is this not the way to do it? Heh. Also, the scalp now does have texture. I don't even know why. The texture is so green though!
Edit: THIS IS SO WIERD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 8:06 PM
Update: I went in photoshop with the texture, and I made the brightness go all the way down. I noticed that it turned into the same colour as seen in CAS above! So it's like SimPE won't recognize the brightness...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 2:34 AM
(Also sorry I just realized this should be in Recolouring/Texturing forums!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:40 AM
Sorry for double (aka quadriple) posting!

The same is happening for elders. It goes super dark grey. Like all the brightness in photoshop is gone!
I thought mabye to try not compressing it when saving, that wasn't it though.

It looks perfect in SimPE too! I forgot to say that. It only happens in the game (Including CAS and everything)
HMM...

I also tried to make the brightness go to the fullest.

Could this be a problem with the mesh itself? Seems ridiculously unlikely, but. Meshes. Amiright?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 9:28 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 24th Jul 2016 at 12:09 AM.
UUUUUUUMMMMM...

I think it actually is a problem with the mesh.
I created another hairstyle to match that one but tied back.
THIS time however, the colour is behaving the complete opposite!
Now it's like the brightness increased drastically! I used the EXACT same texture!

Also, none of the hair animations I give it (B_hair) work. Once it's imported, I go to the joints tab, and they are all at ''0''.

I didn't mention that I make the mesh itself and UV mapping in blender, then I like to import it into milkshape to assign the joints.
I think something goes crazy along the way!

I also got the ''no quaternation values stored'' error but I fixed that by bringing in the new skeleton and replacing it. You don't think it had an after effect that doesn't allow the animations to work? Hmm...

But the colour is what I dont understand! The grey hair also went really bright unlike the other hair.

I thought mabye exporting from SimPE in SMD format and then into milkshape could work, but I got an error. ''Index out of matrix limits'' (Something like that. my SimPE is in spanish for whatever reason!)

Ugh I'm so sad I have to keep adding ''And's'' to this xD

AND, the scalp isn't UV mapped like it's supposed to. In blender and milkshape, it's perfect! But in the game, it loses it's transperancy. I think if I solve the green-supersun colour thing though, it would fix that too!

(Gorgeous tunic by CatofEvilGenius!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:38 PM Last edited by AuzzPanda : 24th Jul 2016 at 6:23 PM.
Sorry for the 6th post!! 0.0

Buuut there is something different! Instead of exporting from blender straight into MilkShape, I imported into SimPE first. Now exporting isn't giving me any errors. I think the animations will work now.

(Also, once you import part of the mesh with the skeleton, then you import the other part of the mesh, you don't import the skeleton again right)

Edit: Okay I guess you DO import the all of the skeletons, cuz I just got the no quaternion values stored
Edit: OH okay no. Even if you import the skeletons it gives the error. I guess you just HAVE to replace it. How did it get messed up though?
EDIT....: Even though I commited and saved the opacity values and THEN exported from SimPE, re-importing from milkshape makes it lose all the opacity values.
Ediiiiiit: UM well when imported into milkshape it faces the other direction. When I try to rotate it on axis by 180, it does but goes too foward. Now it's going through the body in the 3D model preview in SimPE...
EDIT: OOOOOH THANK GOODNESS I just had to rotate it with ''origin'' not ''center of mass'' !

Edit: WOOOOW the joints went CRAZY!!! I think these meshes are a lost cause to be honest
I can only think that when I replaced the skeleton, I had to re-assign the joints. I'll try that before jumping in the river haha.ha.

Okay. It worked.
Which brings us back to the original problem. Texture and Scalp UV map whyyyyyyyy!?