Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 9:27 PM
Default When I click on the bathtub or TV it resets my sim
Hey,

So, I've had this problem for maybe a year now and I've downloaded a mod and that mod is not for my game. And I looked through all my downloads folder multiple times and I've took it out and tried testing it if it was a glitch or bad settings but no. I have no idea witch mod it is and I don't want to have to play without downloads. Please help I will be as pleased as I have ever been if you help me! (Really, I will, This has been the most annoying problem ever).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 9:54 PM
Turn on testing cheats and let it gen up a report and upload the report please.

Have you tried the HCDU program "Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility" http://simwardrobe.com/

Run it and upload the report and put both under spoiler tags.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 9:57 PM
You don't have to play without downloads! This calls for testing, as described in the FAQ you were supposed to read before posting here.

If pulling the downloads folder fixes the problem, that's actually good - it means that you know for a fact that something in the folder is the problem. So, back up your game (with the downloads folder in place), then remove half the contents of the Downloads folder, load the game, and test. Is the problem gone? Congratulations, you know the problem isn't there! Is the problem still there? Congratulations, you know that it's still somewhere in the folder. Either way, quit the game, make sure that the half of the downloads you know to be innocent of this problem is safe, and test again with half the guilty portion. Repeat until you're down to the single mod that breaks the game, remove just that mod, restore your backup if you happened to save during any point of this process, and resume your game.

I promise, it won't take as long as you think it will. Just knuckle down and do it and you'll be amazed.

If that doesn't work, come back and tell us what happened, and we'll probably have to explain how to locate a conflict between two mods, but let's not borrow trouble.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You don't have to play without downloads! This calls for testing, as described in the FAQ you were supposed to read before posting here.

If pulling the downloads folder fixes the problem, that's actually good - it means that you know for a fact that something in the folder is the problem. So, back up your game (with the downloads folder in place), then remove half the contents of the Downloads folder, load the game, and test. Is the problem gone? Congratulations, you know the problem isn't there! Is the problem still there? Congratulations, you know that it's still somewhere in the folder. Either way, quit the game, make sure that the half of the downloads you know to be innocent of this problem is safe, and test again with half the guilty portion. Repeat until you're down to the single mod that breaks the game, remove just that mod, restore your backup if you happened to save during any point of this process, and resume your game.

I promise, it won't take as long as you think it will. Just knuckle down and do it and you'll be amazed.

If that doesn't work, come back and tell us what happened, and we'll probably have to explain how to locate a conflict between two mods, but let's not borrow trouble.

Thanks!! It worked! But I don't remember downloading a like the one I just deleted. hmm, maybe it was with another download.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 11:41 AM
If you ever download houses, you should know that mods can sneak in with a packaged house. You should use the Clean Installer (I think you can download it from this site?) to handle Sims2pack files, as this is safer than letting the game handle them.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 12:39 PM
Mods are not allowed to be uploaded in lots here but on other sites like Tumblr I've seen it many times where the creator did not clean the lot. Always check over lots and remove any mods that have hitched a ride.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 3:24 PM
I have a question that might be useful to others who ask about Clean Installer. If you put the Sims2Pack in it, will it clean out mods on it's own, or does the suggestion mean to go through the list of CC and remove anything that doesn't look right or you just don't want? If I remember correctly, there is an option to remove mods, but I usually remove all the other stuff as I don't want the majority of it in my game. So, selecting the no mods (if that's what the option says), it will uncheck all the stuff I don't want. Basically if I'm not sure what a thing is, I just don't want it, same goes for the tons of recolors of objects I don't use.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 11:43 PM
No, it simply shows you what is coming in the lot. Some cc may be intentional but other things including hacks, bin, stair and mail box recolours just hitch a ride. If you open a lot and see those things then you know the creator isn't aware of what they are giving to others. I would always be cautious with those lots. Put them in a test hood first. Clean Installer allows you to go through and untick individual files, of course if the lot is jammed full of cc this also makes it hard to see, but hacks at least will show up red.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#9 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 4:02 PM
Thanks. That's what I thought, just wasn't sure if any unwanted stuff could hitchhike their way in unnoticed. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.