Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonsHollow
I saw this: http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/the-s...ing-august-2011

Pirates and Nobles expansion for TSM. It looks pretty cool.

"Depending on how you approach the quests, we're told the additional content could take up to 25 hours to complete. It stays true to the spirit of the sims, with plenty of customization, goofy characters, and an endless number of things to do pass the time. If you've been waiting for a reason to return to the medieval world of the Sims, then keep an eye out for Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles when it is released on August 30."

That's just an extract but some of the items look amazing. I hope this helps, if not; I'll keep my nose out :p.

"Up to 25 hours to complete"? So this means a reasonably dedicated gamer could go through it in what, a weekend? Not really a lot.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by khat
"Up to 25 hours to complete"? So this means a reasonably dedicated gamer could go through it in what, a weekend? Not really a lot.

While that's true the main pull of Pirates & Nobles seems to be focused on filler content more than actual added game changing content. After all it seems to be advertised as an adventure pack...not necessarily a full blown expansion.

It's the way the Sims has always worked. They release the base game and then they finish it up with lots of packs and expansions to make it end up being the full game they desired and/or intended.

I personally don't like how its done but I love the games so whatever I guess. I always wait a bit before buying a Sims based game until some expansions come out knowing that there business model seems to be release the base game (and it is just that a base for everything else) and then they turn it into what it should be through expansions and packs.

Think of it as being a Gamma tester! it isn't Alpha/Beta but it isn't exactly finished either!

Medieval seems to be shaping up though and I suspect that the Pirates and Nobles will include a patch (as well as a patch for people who don't have it). Based on the previous patches new features keep getting added too so I am looking forward to more patches.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by khat

That probably assumes a lot of goofing off.

Still I intend to buy it. It should be interesting and hopefully if it does well enough it convinces them to do a full expansion.. maybe with different building times.

I had a dream one night that they made a new layout where all the buildings were clay and a little cartoonish. I was not impressed. I'd be happy with alternative medieval style buildings. And more professions.. and more abilities related to other professions. heh.
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 11:38 PM
I agree that the game should have been more than what it was released as, but Knowing the track record of EA concerning the SIMs, I knew there would be expansions released to enhance the game further.

I see lots of posts about people complaining and comparing it to TS3, think about it, why would EA release 2 versions of the same game? They had to release this one as a different but similar game so they didn't slit their own throats regarding sales of TS3. I knew what and how this game was going to be like before I even bought it because I viewed all the media concerning it first. it's like going to the mod forum and whining about a problem when 2 posts above yours it was already explained on how to fix it. Do your research before hand.

I have been playing RPGs for years and this is actually a breath of fresh air from the normal hack'n'slash RPG. I have also been playing SIMs since the beginning and to combine the 2 is great. This is just a new way to develop a civilization (played that series since the beginning too) by choosing how it comes along and why. choosing the quests is like one of those "choose your own adventure" books, they all help develop your kingdom like making your own story for each kingdom.

Hopefully in one of the next expansions they will include horses, because I agree with a previous poster that there should be jousting, etc. They may in future release an expansion to add a build mode to expand the village or maybe even your heir build their own kingdom, but not sure that would be feasible since you don't make much money in this game to begin with. Until then, it will be up to the GREAT! modders (thanks so much for your work BTW) to help us customize this game to our liking. I have for years been enjoying the mods at MTS2 and other sites, don't know how I got along before finding that site.
Instructor
#55 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 7:02 AM
The fact that they upgrade the gameplay with patches makes me REALLY happy. Maybe they will eventually stop using the EP/SP system and give us the game through patches. That would incredibly good. It would also give them a better reputation than the video game giant/ selfish corporation that cares little about customer satisfaction.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 7:25 PM
the expansion pack:pirates and nobles is coming out in a few days,so no,they havnt abandoned it.I think removing build mode was a good thing,cus it made people work with what they had instead of builing a huge medieval castle for every hero.
Scholar
#57 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 9:45 PM
Quote:
The fact that they upgrade the gameplay with patches makes me REALLY happy. Maybe they will eventually stop using the EP/SP system and give us the game through patches. That would incredibly good. It would also give them a better reputation than the video game giant/ selfish corporation that cares little about customer satisfaction.

Do they not call that a direct download?
Page 3 of 3