Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#76 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 10:09 AM
Aye, memories are easily the #1 cause for savegame bloat.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheezey
Disabling memories that were introduced with Generations, if you haven't done that already, might also help with lag. Those memories happen on all sims in the world, every time they do things like go to the bookstore, go to the park, gain a new skill, etc.

They do???? Yikes!

Are there any mods that restrict the memory system so that new memories are only added to the active household? I know there's something somewhere that limits memories to only the more eventful occasions, which I really should look into getting. I don't want to disable them completely but the system as it is sounds like a horrendous amount of bloat!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#78 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:58 AM
It IS a horrendous amount of bloat.

Just disable them completely, IMHO. You can still take photos of the events YOU consider significant for the scrapbook. Like, dunno, your sim's wedding or the kids' birthday parties or such. You'll probably choose a better angle and whatnot than the game does, anyway.
Instructor
#79 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:43 PM
Oh, yeah, I've had the memories disabled completely. I also clear the cache files and screenshots every time I play. I emptied the Featured Items folder then made it read only so all those awful Store snaps are gone. I've followed pretty much all the great advice I've got here and it has definitely helped.

I play on a mid-grade laptop, but it does have a 7200 rpm processor, so I'm not so thrilled with the load and lag, especially as I have what I consider minimum cc.
One Minute Ninja'd
#80 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
They do???? Yikes!

Are there any mods that restrict the memory system so that new memories are only added to the active household? I know there's something somewhere that limits memories to only the more eventful occasions, which I really should look into getting. I don't want to disable them completely but the system as it is sounds like a horrendous amount of bloat!

Yes, the mod you want is right on this site: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446281 by velocitygrass, which you can tune to only capture whatever memories you choose to, all the way to none unless you manually capture them.
Space Pony
#81 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:36 PM
SIMs 3 is still not perfect and is riddled with broken features even with all update patches applied and all EPs added but the game is definitely worth playing especially if you care for the game's open world.
Scholar
#82 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:06 PM
"Even with all update patches applied and all EPs added" isn't how I'd call it. More like BECAUSE. The base game was actually pretty stable, but every major patch and EP added something broken, or broke something existing. EA and QA... amirite?

Honestly, it's only worth playing because of mods which fix all that crap. But with the mods, it IS worth playing IMHO.
Page 4 of 4