Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 12:16 PM
Default Calling all Wikiers - Claim your achievement!
New Achievement!
As you know, we're always working on adding more Achievements to the system, and not just for creators. The latest addition is a nice, shiny sticker for those awesome people who've contributed to the wiki!

Who gets it?
We're not gonna be terribly strict on this front. If you've written or edited gameplay guides, added links to the tutorial indexes or the content lists, shared modding info, or otherwise contributed, you can get a sticker!

There are two exceptions. If you've only made a handful of very small changes, we'll ask that you wait instead of giving you the achievement straight away: small "proof-reading" type changes are absolutely worthy of the achievement, since tidying up and tweaking is just as important as contributing substantively. However, in those cases we'd like to keep it to people who make a fair few such edits over time, rather than those who see one thing wrong, fix it, and then never return.

Secondly, if you've written a tutorial or tutorials on the wiki, but nothing else, we'll give you the Instructor sticker for writing tutorials, rather than the Wikid achievement.

How do I get it?
Unfortunately, the user databases for MTS and the wiki aren't linked, so we can't assign this achievement automatically. There is a thread in Site Issues here, where you can post to claim your achievement. Please make sure to read and follow the instructions in the first post!

We will add achievements for people we see making future edits to the Wiki without being asked in that thread, but remember two important things. Firstly, if your username on the wiki isn't the same as your username on MTS, we won't know who to give the achievement to. Secondly, we might miss you, or forget. If either of those two things happens, please post in the thread linked above.

Enjoy your nice new sticker, Wikiers! And for those of you who like to catch 'em all... head over to the Wiki, see what you think is missing, then whip out your Wikicode cheat sheet and get to work!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 12:30 PM
Hello Me and Peter please

Oops and I got it wrong already - was meant to claim in the other thread.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 1:34 PM
Thank you for reminding me to complete my wiki entry. Exactly what I wanted to do... Sigh, so much effort, So little will.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 6:46 PM
Sorry, Morph.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 8:52 PM
This is great, but I have a question: since your adding new achievements, why isn't there one for sharing community lots? I mean, you have one for sharing residential lots but not community. IMHO, I feel we need more useful community lots rather than the gy-normous intake of just residential! Just my 2 cents, sorry! And thank you for all your hard work!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 8:59 PM
We're planning on adding bunches of achievements - many of the ones we've added thus far have not been done so much because we think they're the most important ones, but because we came up with a bit of inspiration to do the achievement sticker graphic thingie for that particular one.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Space Pony
#7 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 9:17 AM
>"the thread linked above"
>sees no link
>???

Granted, I've only made a handful of minor edits to the content lists, so no sticker for me yet. This is probably a dumb question, but will the thread be up forever (and checked every so often) so people can claim it in the future?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin
>"the thread linked above"
>sees no link
>???

Quote: Originally posted by whiterider

How do I get it?
Unfortunately, the user databases for MTS and the wiki aren't linked, so we can't assign this achievement automatically. There is a thread in Site Issues here, where you can post to claim your achievement. Please make sure to read and follow the instructions in the first post!

It's the underlined word "here"

and for this question

Quote: Originally posted by Kestin

.... will the thread be up forever (and checked every so often) so people can claim it in the future?

Yes the thread will be up forever and one of the site moderators will be given responsibility to check it.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
We're planning on adding bunches of achievements - many of the ones we've added thus far have not been done so much because we think they're the most important ones, but because we came up with a bit of inspiration to do the achievement sticker graphic thingie for that particular one.

Thanks HP, that's good to know!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Space Pony
#10 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 12:21 AM
@leesester: Ah. Thanks for pointing that out to me...clearly I'm not exactly what one would call "observant" ^^; And good to know, I'll find my way back once I build up my edit volume
Retired
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:21 PM
Eep. This reminds me to add my caveat about pets to the local wiki! They don't work when Portered into CAW worlds!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:56 PM
Really? Maybe Porter just needs an update?

Also, get back in chat!

Retired
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 11:03 PM
Porter has been updated, dogs and cats work now, just not horses. Should go update *again*.

I just got 5000 thanks and it reminded of this. Can I have a special wiki sticker, the collector in me itches for it and I qualify. :P

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Not actually evil.
#14 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 12:40 AM
No sticker for me, just popping in to thank the wikifiers, you are wonderful and deserve brownies!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes