Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:48 AM
Default i have a dumb question for sims2
how do I make walls and floors into zip files? I packaged my wall but do I need to go to another folder?
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 6:59 AM
1. If ever you should have a dumb question again - post here, it's a sort of catch all area for dumb questions in this forum.
2. There's tutorials on the site, and if you can't find them here, Google will come up with somewhere to send you to find what you need. Like Google is your BFF on the web, fo real.

Quick answer though because I'm just a middleman for Google: If you should ever need to zip something, just right click on your package (on a PC) and select 'sent to'>Compressed (zip) folder' it will create a zip for your package but IMO if you just have ONE package and not a set I wouldn't zip it unless there's a rule somewhere you are uploading to do that.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:46 AM
Mine says 'add to archive' to rar a file. Just in case yours does not say compress.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#4 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:49 AM Last edited by Charmful : 15th Oct 2017 at 8:11 AM.
Yeah I guess it depends what windows OS you are on. I am on Windows 10. If you are on a Mac (at least an older one), when you right click it will say something about 'compress 'file name'' and that will get you a zip file of it.

I have 'add to archive' in my 7zip option when I right click but not sure if all PC's come with 7zip or if you have to download that program for file compression.

Edit: Took my own advice and Googled it. 7zip does NOT come with windows inherently.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:24 AM
I am on Windows 7 and use Winrar. OP check that you have a zipping program and something should show up under right click.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:53 AM
Windows 7 has built-in support for .zip files and does not need any additional software to read or write them. (I recommend 7zip anyway because it's free and supports so many file formats.)

If you need to make a .zip file from Windows 7, right-click on the file you want to zip and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder. To open a .zip file, just double-click on the .zip file to open it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:54 PM
If you're thinking of uploading walls here, you don't need to put them in a Sims2Pack file.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc