Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 4:49 PM
Default re-create Pet stories?
I was wondering if anyone is going to try to re-create the petstories' objects because there are alot of cool new things for pets!

Xanga? Then go here
www.xanga.com/give_speak_want_dude

YOU can learn all about me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 4:57 PM
Me too. I want the pet show stuff. It's a pity they didn't include them in the Pets EP. I really doubt anyone is going to buy the pets stories just because of those things.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:18 AM
yeah...the pets EP was totally lame! they needed more objects and interactions

I hope someone, Mabye numeror, would re-create the objects because that would be awesome

Especially the pets shows!

Xanga? Then go here
www.xanga.com/give_speak_want_dude

YOU can learn all about me!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 6:44 PM
Unlikely, the Mods explicitly stated Stories objects are not allowed to downloaded here due to Maxis' requests. I dont know if MATY will do it again though however Squinge did offer LS Reward objects for download I think
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 6:47 PM
It won't happen on MTS2, at least. There is a big sticky at the top of the WCIF section -- http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=36085.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 7:16 PM
Meh, that's about Life Stories. Pet Stories is a completely different story.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 11:28 PM
Well I think it will go through the same procedure really unless HP says so otherwise.
Theorist
#8 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Meh, that's about Life Stories. Pet Stories is a completely different story.

Lol good pun there. I could have sworn I read in a Pet Stories preview that the new pet show objects cannot be imported into The Sims 2, but still they could be wrong. That's kind of weird that Maxis saved pet shows for Pet Stories, Pets could have been much better with those.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Lol good pun there. I could have sworn I read in a Pet Stories preview that the new pet show objects cannot be imported into The Sims 2, but still they could be wrong. That's kind of weird that Maxis saved pet shows for Pet Stories, Pets could have been much better with those.

Maybe they can't be imported. I think EA would do this to prevent what happened with the life stories stuff, but I still think it's low of them to not have included them in the pets ep. I am not going to buy it just for the shows and I am sure that anyone who already plays the game well on a pC or even on a laptop will not buy it just for those things. I would have understood it if it were for a different game platform, but when its for the same platform, and practically the SAME game, I think it sucks. Pets was buggy as hell, some bugs have yet to be corrected and it generally feels like a rip off. Hope they'll put them up by themselves on the exchange.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:13 AM
Extracting items from an expansion pack or other game to make them available for Sims 2 is not allowed, and anyone doing so and distributing such items can and will get a letter from EA Legal telling them to knock it off and take the stuff down.

Making items copying content from other expansions/other games is of questionable moral and legal standing and really is a case-by-case basis kind of thing. If one makes all their own meshes and textures and simply is inspired by something from another game/expansion, that's one thing. Attempting to duplicate something is another. Exactly how EA Legal would see it is yet a third thing and I wouldn't speculate on it, as I'm not a corporate lawyer.

Either way this thread is rather much like a request, so we're gonna dance with my buddy here.

:locked

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Answered.