Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 4:17 AM Last edited by minimogut : 11th Feb 2013 at 5:04 AM.
Default Rift: Nintendo RP - Open to New Members!
This is a roleplay about Nintendo characters, to put it in a nutshell. Like all other roleplays, all of the rules apply:
1) No Godmodding: This is rude. PM the other player first. So, if you want to use the player's character, then PM them. Or, if you get into a fight with another player, plan the fight out with them first using PM's.
2) We should keep this PG-13, so pretty much anyone can join. So no "adult situations", and when swearing, either find a way around it (darn, dang, shoot, shiz, crap, etc.) or use asterisks (D***, Sh**, etc.). Trust me, we'll all know what you mean. As an aside, hugging and kisses are fine, as long as you PM the other player first (relates to the first rule)
3)If you are not going to be able to play because of personal reasons, whether permanently or temporarily, make sure you post an ((OOC)) here saying your going to be gone, followed by an in-role-play end for your character. So, for example:
"((OOC: Hey guys, I'm not gonna be able to keep up with this, so I'm quitting.))
So-and-so walked quickly and quietly out of camp, hoping not to wake anyone up. They needed to take some time to themselves, and weren't sure if they would come back. Suddenly, there was a flash of light and a loud bang. So-and-so fell down dead, a scorch-mark across their face."
4) (forgot to mention this) Spelling, Punctuation and Grammer is very important. Please try to write so that we know what you're trying to say. As for what person you are writing from, First and Third Person are fine, but Second Person (probably the most rare) is not. The reasoning behind that is that Second Person tells the reader what they have to be imagining, not the character. First Person tells the reader what the character is thinking and Third Person is not written inside the mind of a character.
5) Okay, here's another "law" I forgot to mention, make sure that, even if your character and someone else's character are bitter enemies, you still must remain respectful of the player him/herself. You don't have to like them, or be friends with them (it always ends in tragedy when someone tries to make to people get along), but be respectful of them, and their feelings, as a person.
(Note: If a character hasn't been claimed, then you can use them)

Now, here's the application you need to fill for the character. This one's just an example:
Character Name: Sue (last name is optional)
Species/ Race: Human
Status: This is the spot where you determine what your character is. Is your player a warrior and/or hero? Or villain? Or are they just a regular civilian? Maybe a soldier?
Primary Weapon: Sword
Secondary Weapon (optional): Bo-staff (look it up if you don't know what it is)
Additonal Abilities: can control animals (you can have more than one, but keep in mind that more than four will be considered mild godmodding)
Biography: This is just basic info that should be known about your character. Write enough so that we know what they look like, what their character goal is, and anything else that would be considered relevant (enemies, crush: optional, home, disabilities: blind? or prone to seizures?, personality, etc.)

Now, on to the background story behind Rift itself:

Strange things have been happening in the worlds of Nintendo; Hyrule, Angel Land, etc. (any of the ninty game worlds you want ) Odd weather, strange deaths/ attacks and strange lights flashing over the horizon, to name a handful. Unbeknownst to the people of these worlds, what's really going on is much more dark and devious than any could have ever imagined; a diabolical shadow elf by the name of Inona had been plotting to take over her own world, when she accidentally discovered portals to other worlds, worlds un-prepared for her attack. She transported part of her army into the worlds we all know, but this is no ordinary army. This army is made up of undead, known to Inona, and her home-world of Ardintrea as spectres. (Ardin means creative and loyal, while Trea means determined, which demonstrates the characters of those who live there, good or evil) However, Inona failed to realize that her most Arch-Enemy, Alexandria, or Alex for short (or Andy, to those who are very familiar with her) was accidentally transported into Hyrule. It didn't take her long to figure out what was going on, and now she's on a quest to stop her enemy before it's too late. It could be more perilous than she ever imagined. Whose side will you join?

(I've figured out for this to work, I will have to play two people, which I originally didn't want to do. But, seeing as they are both my characters, it won't be as stressful.)

Name: Alexandria
Race: Fae
Primary Weapon: Magic Sword
Secondary Weapon: Not exactly a weapon, but she has a knife hidden in her boot.
Additonal Abilities: Controls lightning, Can turn into a black wolf at will.
Bio: Alex is one of the greater fighters of her world. Fae are faster and stronger than most others, but her abilities have been lowered magically so that she is no faster than a human, no stronger than a human, and her five sense aren't as advanced as usual. Alex is like every other 17 year old, other than the fact that she behaves like she has thirty years under the belt, has three pairs of dragonfly wings and doesn't behave like a girl usually. Her hair is long, jet black, and covers half of her face. The eye that can be seen is emerald green. (pics to come) The reason her eye is covered is because said eye was scratched beyond any repair. She wears a white v-neck shirt that laces up the sides and lace up leather pants, along with knee-high black boots. She can and will kick the crap out of anyone who patronizes her, due to age or gender. Despite her kick-your-butt attitude, she really is caring, and loves kids.

And...

Name: Inona
Race: Shadow Elf (like fae, but with slight differences. Not actually an elf)
Primary Weapon: Blade Staff, a mystical weapon that slightly resembles a scythe.
Secondary Weapon: Prefers to let other fight for her.
Add. Abilities: Controls undead, darkness and can turn into a black dragon.
Bio: She is pure evil. She hates everyone who isn't a fae, or off-branch of fae, and dreams of killing and enslaving the dead bodies of her enemies. Her skin is the color of a corpse and her eyes are black. Her hair is the color of fire, due to a spirit living inside of her. She wears a dark grey velvet dress, decorated with gold and silver coins and belt adorned with gems and human finger bones. She also wears a cape made out of the wings of her fae enemies, that cover her enormous, black bat wings.

Claimed Characters and OCs:
Alex: minimogut
Callistasia: imkrazy1000
Ersebet: Eternal Winter
Falco Lombardi: Ridptide651
Faten: Levera
Gluludar: PSDuckie
Inona:minimogut
Navi:Ghost sdoj
Port: Port A Build
Rin Nakashima: Eternal Winter

Other:
Waluigi
Luigi

I own Alex, Inona, spectres, shadow elves and Ardintrea.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 9:52 PM
Wait, so do we make our own character or do we choose one from a Nintendo game? If we choose one from a Nintendo game, I get Tetra!

Name: Tetra
Race: Hylian
Primary Weapon: Sword (the sorta curved, pirate-esque one)
Secondary Weapon: Let's her pirate crew fight for her.
Abilities: Nothing special, but is much stronger and respectable than most girls her age.
Bio: Tetra, also known as Dazel, is a tan, blond pirate girl and successor to her mother's gang of pirates. A fearless and even merciless pirate, she seems, at first glance, cold and to care only about herself and treasure, but in reality is quite kind and caring for others. Despite being younger than her crew members, Tetra is still well-respected among them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
Wait, so do we make our own character or do we choose one from a Nintendo game? If we choose one from a Nintendo game, I get Tetra!

You can choose either a character you create, like I did, or a Nintendo Character. I'll update the list of Characters claimed, and made But if you choose a game character, it has to be a Nintendo charie.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#4 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:34 AM Last edited by 5M0K3 : 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: She just wants to be LOVED!
Okay so this is my character then.

Name: Neru
Race: Demon
Status: Originally evil, is trying to become good, but currently remains in the neutral zone.
Primary Weapon: Kama
Secondary Weapon: Melee combat
Abilities: Very skilled in witchcraft and the dark arts, but prefers to not use it.
Bio: Neru was born in Hyrule, to very poor parents. Neru hated watching her parents struggle, so she began stealing to provide for her family. At the age of 12, Neru began to develop signs of schizophrenia, and her parents decided she was too much too handle, so they abandoned her. Neru traveled aimlessly for years, still stealing food for herself. She met a young man who was extremely into the dark arts, and, completely alone, Neru decided to stay with him. Neru loved him, and he loved Neru, but, loving himself more, used Neru to summon dark spirits, and Neru didn't question it. One day, when he was trying to summon the demoness Lamashtu through Neru, it went horribly wrong, and Neru was dragged to the Outworld. Neru pleaded to be released, however when Lamashtu found out that she had been stealing and was willingly involving herself in the dark arts, she damned Neru's soul, and Neru was tortured for 44 years (she was 19 when she "died"), and became extremely involved in demonic activities, no longer wishing to return to her own world. However, when Lamashtu decided Neru had suffered enough, she decided to give Neru a chance, and transferred her soul from her damaged, bloody and scarred body to a practically identical body, and allowed Neru to return to Earth, with the disadvantage of not being able to get wet. Water = BAD BAD BAD. Neru, after seeing her world again, realized she wanted to come back, and vowed to release her soul, and the soul of others that were unwillingly brought to the Outworld. With every evil soul she kills, she gets closer to freeing herself and others, and will do anything to be released from this purgatory. However her tsundere personality makes things a little difficult, Neru is absolutely merciless to people that are mean to her, but adores and cherishes people who help her.

EDIT: In case you don't want to read that long thing, here's a basic personality for here; she's a tsundere (is rude to people she wants to be friends with, and SUPER DUPER mean to people she's romantically attracted to), she has trust issues, though she's tough, she still is frightened very easily (like an an abused puppy) and absolutely hates fighting, even though she knows she has to kill, and she is on Alex's side. She has a very short temper, but is overall a very nice, easy-going person, but only if she knows you and you have shown her that you love and trust her. She pushes people away but hates being alone. Deep down she just wants to be loved!

Sorry I know that's super long, I just couldn't help myself.

Yes I am aware that this is a picture of Rin Kagamine, but this is pretty much what Neru looks like.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 1:43 AM
So is Neru a second character, or is she a new character? The character doesn't have to be made up, it can be a nintendo character.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 8:48 AM
I want Neru to be my character instead of Tetra. Pleeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeeeee.

ETA: Also, Alex is the girl in your avatar right? I think you said on another thread your avatar is a character you made up named Alex.
Banned
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 5:52 PM
YAAAAAAAY IT'S LEAFPOOL.

I seriously don't know what my obsession with people is. And in real life I'm so antisocial. xD

So are you going to do a Nintendo character or make up your own?
Site Helper
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:50 PM
As per the thread in the social group, I claim Navi

Name: Navi (Real name unrevealed, as it holds power over her)

Age: Time means nothing to a fairy, but she is newer than most. (This is why she hadn't been assigned yet.)

Race: Fairy (who looks like a glowing blue ball with glowing dragonfly wings); child of the Great Deku Tree.

Primary weapon: Pick someone to help with accuracy and hide behind them. (often Link)

Secondary weapon: Magic, usually along the lines of confusing an enemy, healing the person who was just fighting for her, or being so annoying that the enemy forgets to pay attention to the -real- dangers. She can protect herself fairly well, although it takes time to build a shield against dark magic. But she cannot directly take a life, or even fight on her own.

Abilities:
She doesn't have any legs, so her only means of locomotion is flying. (Although there is an argument for short-distance teleportation, considering that when Link gets too far ahead she's suddenly there again.) Most of the time this makes no difference, as her flying speed is about the same as walking/running speed. It would simply make it a lot easier for her to get up and down things, or across a pit or a canyon.

Fairy Magic: She can increase someone's accuracy in combat. She can also help them outside of combat by enhancing their vision and (to a lesser extent) some physical abilities. (z targeting). She can build protective shields around herself, but they take time. (This is what she was doing during the first battle with Gannondorf. ) Once built, they no longer count as an active power, and will last until dropped or depleted. Lesser fairies can heal others, so I'm giving her the ability to heal one person once each game day as part of her "secondary weapon." I'm also giving her some skill with illusions in case she is ever alone and in combat, as she is not able to fight directly. Illusions count as an active power as long as they are up, so she can only do one illusion at a time, and cannot use any other magical power while maintaining an illusion. They are also tiring, so she prefers to hover in one spot or be carried while maintaining one. If she is moving (and not being carried), her illusions are less believable. They do no direct damage, although if someone who believes the illusion takes illusionary damage they can believe they are injured until they have time to stop and take care of their "injury". If they think they have taken fatal damage, they pass out for a short time. And if they don't believe the illusion at all, it's just a mask over whatever was really there. Whether or not the illusion is believed depends on the circumstances. Most people would not believe a bucket in the sky dumping gold coins that vanish when they hit the ground, but they might believe a fallen tree in a forest that just happens to have fallen across a small river bed, or that someone who is sitting still and making no noise really isn't there. Note that "One illusion" can have multiple parts, but as the complexity grows the believability is diminished. Her illusions do cover all senses, including sound and odor. One favorite trick is to create a momentary smell of a dead skunk or other similar obnoxious odor. (And if they seem to like it; try roses next!) Illusionary light still brightens things up for those who are aware of it, but if you are asleep it won't wake you up the same way that a real light would. And don't try crossing the river on that illusion of a fallen tree.

Biography: She was assigned by the Great Deku Tree to be a companion and adviser to Link. At first she thought he was a waste of space, but she eventually began to grow fond of him. Eventually it became more than fondness. She realized that she was beginning to fall in love with him, and that this was wrong on a number of counts. He was the wrong species; he was falling in love with Zelda; he considered her as just a "best friend", and a love affair between a mortal and an immortal always ends in tragedy. She tried to leave him, but couldn't stay away, either. She's a bit jealous of Zelda, but understands that it's not going to work between her and Link so she hopes he never figures out that she would really like to be more than just his best friend. She also hopes she can find someone else, so that "best friend" doesn't hurt quite so much.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:10 AM
5MOK3: I will fix that right now! And yes, Alex is the girl in my avatar. I like to draw a lot, but whenever I draw Alex, her face changes a little bit. I think this is the best anime version I've drawn of her.
leafpool337: Sorry for the late response (I've been sick, and over christmas, too. Yeesh) Welcome!
Ghost sdoj: Yay!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:19 AM
Awwwwwwwyeeeeahhhhhh let's get this party STARTED!!! xD

Should we wait for more people or start and let people kinda flow in?
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:34 AM Last edited by minimogut : 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:45 AM.
5MOK3: I want to wait at the least another day before starting. There are still two people who haven't "checked in" yet; lorenrose1013 and devmars. If they haven't posted in the thread by tomorrow by about 6:30 (it's 6:34 my time, in the Pacific Time Zone), then we will start the story! But even after we start, anyone can join at anytime. EDIT: For the record, I'm so excited about this, I could explode , but I want to be sure first.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 2:56 AM
6:30... AM or PM? You said it's 6:34 when you posted this, which is 8:34PM in my time, so assuming you are talking PM, I'll more than likely be on, and if not, I'll be playing the Sims, but I frequently get on MTS while I'm Simmin'.

Oh and kudos on that picture of Alex! (your avatar) IT'S BUBBIFUL.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:03 AM
5MOK3: Yes, PM. I've never ever been able to remember to say that when I talk about time. I might have deep-set mental problems...maybe. Thanks! I drew a better, non-anime picture, though. I will post pictures of both (Inona and Alex) tomorrow. When the RP officially begins!!!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:15 AM
Yay! Leaf, are you gonna put up a picture of your charie?

EDIT: Minimogut: Is there gonna be a GM or do we just make up what happens as we go?
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:51 AM
I think that for now, we should make up what happens.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:14 PM
leafpool377: Really nice picture. I like it!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#17 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:22 PM
Okay, so it begins today 6PM Pacific time? (and people can jump in whenever?)

If Link isn't here by maybe even a little after that time, should you, minimogut, just start, and later we like "find" Link or something? (sorry I'm super obsessed with RPs being planned out because... I have no excuse.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 12:50 AM Last edited by minimogut : 24th Dec 2011 at 1:15 AM.
5MOK3: Yeah, I think that if lorenrose1013 (Link) doesn't doesn't post soon, I'll PM them. If they don't reply to that, then we will treat Link as an unclaimed character until lorenrose1013 checks in.
leafpool377: Yeah, that's totally fine. I've almost caved in twice now in not opening the RP until 6. I'm still not sure I won't open early.

EDIT: Okay, I'm caving in! POST AWAY!!!!

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:32 AM
Default An Ardintrean Castle and the Skies over a nearby forest.
Inona's POV:
I walked slowly over to a bowl, filled with liquid gold. I waved my hands, and my four guards backed out of the room. The door closed with a muffled thump and the light died; a reflection off of the surface of the gold lit up my face. Smiling, I pulled one of the many silver coins off of my dress and dropped it into the bowl. As the gold rippled, a vision appeared. Another castle, in another place. Nowhere on Ardintrea. My smile grew wider, and I tapped the water with my middle finger. A girl's face appeared on the surface; I hissed angrily. Alex; that hideous renegade and so-called vigilante was going to try and stop me. I slammed my fist down onto the pedestal. The image faded as the gold sloshed in the bowl. Storming to the door, I swung my cloak over my shoulders again.
"Is it ready?"
"Almost, Your Highness," said the lowly sorceror, Abredoce. I grabbed the front of his robe, and pulled him up to look me in the eye.
"Finish it..."

Alex's POV:
I pulled my arms and wings into my sides, and dived steeply. Times like this kept me from going insane. I had been lucky to get away from my sisters, without them either begging to join or trying to stop me. I landed neatly and strolled through the forest. Sunlight dappled the forest floor and dust and dead leaves swirled around playfully. A twig cracked behind me, and I spun around; a squirrel looked me in the eye, before it scurried off, flicking it's tail. I sat down on a large rock nearby and drew my sword; pulling a knife out of my boot, I ran it along the edge slowly, carefully. Today seemed like it would be a good day.

((I will get pictures soon. I only drew one, crappy pic of Inona. It's outdated anyway. I'll sim them and post it with my next post))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#20 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:35 AM
Minimogut, since it's your RP, YOU should have the first *real* post. '^_^
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 2:16 AM
I did ^^

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#22 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 2:31 AM Last edited by 5M0K3 : 24th Dec 2011 at 4:55 AM.
"It's cold, I'm bored, and you're the only person I can talk to." Neru said to her kitten, Bonehilda. ((named after the TS1 maid!)) They were walking through Hyrule, trying to find someone, anyone, and they were freaking out. Neru remember Lamatshu's message: "You have limited time. You cannot trust anyone. You are doing this for you. Do not forget that these people treated you like an animal!" Was she right? There was a rustling sound in the bushes. "Who's there?!" she yelled, trying to sound tough. Silence. "Are you still there?" Silence. "Come out, b*tch!" Rustle, rustle, rustle. Neru put her kitten in the little waist pack on her side, and took her Kama from behind her back. "I'm warning you..." she said, swinging the Kama.

((I figured that would be a good way for the next character to show up))

EDIT: Grr..... NO ONE IS HERE!
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 7:30 PM
Default Inona's Castle and the Skies above the Forest
Inona's POV:
"Your Highness! Your Highness! It is finished," said Abredoce, flanked by two guards.
I turned slowly from the scrolls I was studying. He led me to the great room. Ten crystals formed a ring around a giant marble spire.
"Good. Your service deserves rewarding," I said coolly. "Kill him."
I turned towards the spire, which started to glow. As I walked slowly into the portal, his screams were cut off. I smiled as the rift closed around me.

Alex's POV:
I stood up abruptly. Something was very wrong. I sheathed my sword and flew up over the trees. The sky had filled with black clouds, boiling and churning in the powerful winds. The central point was the top-most tower of Inona's castle. Of course. A giant beam of light shot up out of the castle, and through the clouds.
"D***," I said slowly.
((I will get pics of Inona next time. I promise.))
Screenshots
Attached Images

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#24 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 7:36 PM
"What's it to you?!" Neru asked, trying to sound even tougher. She felt the knife getting closer to her throat. "OKAY!" she yelled, her voice cracking. "I have no business with you whatsoever, I have done nothing to you, and as far as I know, you have done nothing to me, however you are holding a knife to my throat right now, and that does make me hate you. So put your little knife down, and let my return to doing my job, okay sweetie?" Neru said, with a fake sweetness in her voice. The girl didn't do anything. "HEY! SHE'S DOWN THERE!" Neru and the girl looked up. Citizens formed an angry mob, wielding pitchforks, torches, stones, a few even had knives. Neru tightened her grip on her Kama, but the girl shot her an icy stare. "What? I'm not going to do anything to you. It's these freaks I'm not letting live. Neru pushed the girl away, and started towards the mob. That's when she realized there was a pretty wide stream in between them. She had come from the other side, she didn't even notice a stream. She remembered Lamatshu's warning; Touch water, and you never get another chance. She panicked as the mob came closer. She tried to count how many people there were, it looked about 20. She needed to kill 100 pure evil souls. And every good soul brought her down one, how was she to know if they're good or not? What if this girl is evil? Neru looked around, panicking, backing up slightly. "So... You got a plan?"
Banned
#25 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 8:15 PM
"Eh!" Neru yelled, as she nearly fell into the stream. She was lifted up by a strange civilian. "You wreak of the DEAD." He said, lifting her by her shirt with one hand. "Same goes for you." she said as she spit into his eye. There were gasped all around. "You DARE challenge me?! Hah! Foolish girl!" He set her down, rather roughly, but it was better than landing in the stream. The man stepped over her, and pulled his fast back, prepared to punch her in the face. She kicked him in the crotch, got up, and ran like hell. She came to the stream, saw them running behind her, was pelted by a few rocks. She backed up, ran, and jumped. "Holy hell!" she yelled, once she realized she had made it over. The civilians were crawling through the stream, as she continued to run. And then she saw that girl, the same girl that had threatened to kill her, the same girl that gave her away to a crazy mob. She had to be evil. "Hey b*tch!" Neru yelled, swinging her Kama.
Page 1 of 13