Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 12:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default Using a one drive computer to play sims 2
I've searched for an answer to my question on numerous sites and have yet to find an answer so I'm posting it here with the hopes of getting a response.

I have an emachine, 2011 model, and I have the Sims 2 double deluxe as well as a few expansion packs but everytime I try and add an expansion pack and then try to run the game, an error pops up saying I have to have the expansion cd in the drive as well as the double deluxe cd to run properly. I want to know if there is a way I can add an expansion pack without needing it to be in the drive to run. Since I only have one drive on my computer, there's no way to run more then just the double deluxe cd in order to run the sims game. I apprecaite any and all feedback.

Thanks! Kay
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 10:10 AM
You don't need the double deluxe CD in the drive, just the EP CD.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
You don't need the double deluxe CD in the drive, just the EP CD.

So, I can just install the EP and then run the program with just that in the rom? It always asked me to put double deluxe back in.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:41 PM
You need to have both Double Deluxe and the EP installed. However, once you have them both installed and you just want to start the game, then you only need the EP disk.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.