Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 1:40 AM
Default Big Changes coming soon to Mod The Sims 2
Hi All,

After over a year of being online, Mod the Sims 2 has undergone quite a few changes. Originally, the site was set up to act as a modding information site for The Sims 2, which at the time, had not even seen store shelves yet. MTS2 was one of the pioneering modding sites for The Sims 2, as it provided a place for modders to collaborate in the development of tools and game hacks.

Over time, additional forums were added that were off-topic from the subject of modding. The “Community” forums (Off Topic Discussion and Sims 2 Chat forums) were added to allow users a place to get to know each other away from the modding forums. Since then, the Community forums have grown tremendously – so much in fact that they now warrant a site of their own.

Mod the Sims 2 is pleased to announce the opening of a brand new website on Monday, 11 July. This website will consist of a Sims 2 Community forum, dedicated to Simming discussion of all kinds and off-topic discussion as well. All Mod the Sims 2 members who joined MTS2 on or before 3 July, 2005 are automatically members of the new site.

In addition, the Sim Pics forums – both the new version AND the old one with the user-created contests – will be restored in their entirety on the new website. The Sims 2 Movies forum will also be moved to the new site.

Because of the creation of this new website, the following forums will be permanently closed from Mod the Sims 2 on Monday, 11 July. They will be available for one month in “Archive” form, which means that they can be read but not edited or posted in. After one month, they will be deleted (with a few exceptions):

•Introductions (The “Faces to the Names” & “Photo Album” threads will be permanently archived at MTS2, and new versions of them will be posted on the new site)

•General Discussion
•Off Topic Discussion
•The Greater Gaming World
•Computers and Tech Gizmos
•The War Zone
•Anime and Webcomics

•Sims 2 Discussion
•Sims 2 Chat
•Sims Pictures (Current and Archive forums will be moved to the new site)
•MTS2 Contests
•Sims 2 Movies (Forum will be moved to the new site)
•Sims 2 Universe
•Advertise Your Sims 2 Site
•Advertise Your New Content/Updates
•Finds/Where Can I Find?
•Review a Sims Site

After 11 July, Mod the Sims 2 will consist only of the Modding, Downloads, and Sims 2 Help forums.

It was decided that creating the new community site would enable Mod the Sims 2 to concentrate solely on its originally intended purpose: Modding the Sims 2. The additional site will create flexibility for the community forums to naturally grow in their own direction and purpose: providing a place for simmers of all kinds to share their ideas and get to know each other.

We hope that everyone enjoys the new community site and the new emphasis on modding at Mod the Sims 2.

Thanks to tkdjunkie for the text of this announcement, and to all our members who have supported us over the past year.

Kind regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 2:28 AM
:gidea: YAY!! I'm so happy :lovestruc
Thank you Delphy-God for listening to your worshippers...we must now give you a sacrifice...my offering is in the mail :D
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 2:42 AM
Yay! That's great news!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:02 AM
That is really fantastic. That way, all who want to socialize can do so in their own place. That means that all modding information, learning, etc., will be concentrated and we won't have to wade through tons of threads to find what we are looking for. YAY!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:19 AM
Amen! Brother!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:20 AM
OMG! this is great news! I cant wait to see it!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
In addition, the Sim Pics forums – both the new version AND the old one with the user-created contests – will be restored in their entirety on the new website. The Sims 2 Movies forum will also be moved to the new site.

So this means...the Sim Pics forum will be the same as now? The old archived ones will remain archived on the new boards while the new posts will be able to be posted it? :confused:

SAm....Home to the clones and my gorgeous friends,
SIMilar Addiction
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:32 AM
Will the current discussions go on. Or will we have to rewrite a new thread if we were getting into something... sort of like what happened to the off topic discussion a while back.. i think
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:41 AM
yay thats cool thanxs a heap
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by p00jkins
So this means...the Sim Pics forum will be the same as now? The old archived ones will remain archived on the new boards while the new posts will be able to be posted it? :confused:

I don't really understand either.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 4:56 AM
Very sensible decision.

Are my methods unsound?
I don't see any method at all, Sir.
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 5:42 AM
i think what he meant by "restored in their entirety" is that they will be completely restored so you can post and continue your contests over there...not just archived. At least thats what I got from what he said.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:08 AM
*does the happy dance*
I was getting increasingly frustrated with the non-modding bent that MTS2 was experiencing. I think this is a wonderful decision that means that everyone can enjoy what they most wanted from the site. :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:24 AM
Default Thanks!
Thanks so much Delphy! You are so good at keeping up with the website!! you deserve a round of applause! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Most Recent Upload:
A nice modern black & white home
Comment if you like it :]
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 7:00 AM
Wonderful. Wonderfilly wonderful. Thank you for this wise and fair decision. Tabbysgranhag
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 9:22 AM
Thank You!!!
Delian
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 10:57 AM
Wouldn't it have been an idea to put the completed/stable downloads on the new site too, leaving the modding site to only have downloads that are for beta testing?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 12:41 PM
Inge,

Then we'd get into the whole "Is this beta test or not?" which, imho, confused the heck out of people

Besides, the new site is for community forums, not downloads. Eventually, when I get time, I might move downloads off MTS2 entirely, but I'm not sure yet.

Regards,
Delphy
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 2:26 PM
That's great~~I wish i could open a thread easier,it always take a long time~
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 2:40 PM
That sounds really great, less wading through to find what you need!!

Curiosity may have killed the cat... but it MADE the kitten!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#21 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Then we'd get into the whole "Is this beta test or not?" which, imho, confused the heck out of people
Well since the topic came up...
I'd really like the beta test forum back on MTS2 (#2?), even if the rules are far less strict. I'd like to have somewhere where actual beta testing can be done on objects before releasing to general downloads. But I know the problems that were involved in that forum when it still existed, so I'm not gonna whinge about it.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:06 PM
sounds like the perfect solution to me. thanks Delphy.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:08 PM
Good move, Delphy.

Best,
Doc
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:30 PM
Erm... what do you mean by saying: "Originally, the site was set up to act as a modding information site for The Sims 2, which at the time, had not even seen store shelves yet."? The Sims 2 came out September 17th....
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:40 PM
That is a great idea. You are amazing, Delphy!!! I Cant wait.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 8