Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:59 PM
Default What play habit do you find hard/impossible to kick?
Like the title says, what do you find yourself doing again and again, even though you promised that this time you wouldn't?

I can't stick to playing a completely psychotic serial killer sim, even if I have a storyline and personality for them planned in my head; I'll inevitably get bored after either the house building stage or, if I'm lucky, after killing 1-2 sims.
Advertisement
#2 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:21 PM
Motherlode x 10 ....... I can't help myself!

*ashamed face*
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:21 PM
While my hood is full on drama, my actives tend to have an easy life and I find it hard making their lives difficult so they end up being happy.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:31 PM
Most of the time I end up just stalking the neighborhood. Sometimes I'm even annoyed that I need to have an active.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:33 PM
Upgrading all the appliances, plummings and electronics. Usually to unbreakable becouse kids can clean the showers and toilets, but can't fix them.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:58 PM
I can never successfully make a Sim kawaii desu ne even though I planned them to since birth. They always end up being sexy.

And writing down all of my CC. The names, the website link, the date, I can't stop myself.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 3:40 PM
I try and try, but I can't resist making my sim a celeb. At the very least, they have to be at a 3 star level.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 4:35 PM
I tend to try very hard for my sims to make friends. Some sort of ingrained habit leftover from sims2 when having friends was so important for career advancement. It's very hard for me to just let them have a fight once in a while.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I tend to try very hard for my sims to make friends. Some sort of ingrained habit leftover from sims2 when having friends was so important for career advancement. It's very hard for me to just let them have a fight once in a while.

Me too!

Vivi e lascia vivere.
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:10 PM Last edited by Aldakoopa : 20th Mar 2015 at 12:25 PM.
I will start building a better house for my active family to move into but I'll get carried away and it will cost way too much, so I'll stop with an unfinished house and move on to the next empty lot and try again with a different style, usually it ends up costing too much as well, so the process repeats.

Also, I have trouble not having my Sims woohoo with anyone that talks to them, especially the females.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:51 PM
I don't know if this counts as a play habit but I use NRaas Saver, and I keep telling myself DO NOT cancel when it prompts for save no matter what, but I keep cancelling it without noticing, then forget I haven't saved for over an hour and then it crashes. I will regret it, and tell myself the same thing again, and do it again.

Another, I play for a while in a certain world, and then I'll use NRaas Porter to move all my sims to other world. I keep telling myself, no, this is the last world I'm moving to. I'm currently in the process of moving my sims again :x
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:51 PM
Same as Arathea mentioned above. I play rotational families and neighborhoods but I love snooping in the inactives homes even of the families I am not rotating and am constantly switching households .. And, using Tagger and Home Opener makes it all more tempting and easier. There must be a support group out there for those of us unable to kick the habit
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:52 PM
"Also, I have trouble not having my Sims woohoo with anyone that talks to them, especially the females"

Only if they have money, for me. I always go into Mastercontroller and check their household funds first before they get my Sim's woohoo powers. And she's straight so she doesn't have fun woohooing with girls but I wish she wasn't. :c
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Motherlode x 10 ....... I can't help myself!

Motherlode is fair game when building a house (who uses kaching anymore, it's sooo 2009). It's getting the inhabitants of the house rich enough to be able to pay their bills afterwards that's the real challenge. Though a household that tries hard to maintain the appearance of being rich while actually being dirt poor would be interesting to play /puts in in the list of ideas

Quote: Originally posted by Annything
Also, I have trouble not having my Sims woohoo with anyone that talks to them, especially the females.

Recently did this with a sim in uni, never knew it could be so fun!

Quote: Originally posted by kimikobristen
I don't know if this counts as a play habit but I use NRaas Saver, and I keep telling myself DO NOT cancel when it prompts for save no matter what, but I keep cancelling it without noticing, then forget I haven't saved for over an hour and then it crashes. I will regret it, and tell myself the same thing again, and do it again.

That's why I gave up using Saver as well, x-clicking pop-ups has become ingrained behavior by now

Another habit I'm trying hard to kick is giving my sims easy lives. The inactives' houses are full of drama, but mine is just...boringly plain, no matter what personality the sims I play have. Evil mastermind? Prestigious doctor? Slacker who part-times and sleeps on park benches? All of them end up getting married and dying of old age. Is it just me or has EA lowered the chance of accidents in recent patches? I used to have a lot of death-by-accidents in the basegame back in 2009, now I actually have to force them.
#15 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
x-clicking pop-ups has become ingrained behavior by now

This!! I do this all the time, but the killer is, I then think ... "Mmm I wonder if that was important!?!?"
Theorist
#16 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:22 PM
Making over all the sims in the world I'm playing - mine, NPC's and townies. Then renovating all the houses in the hood cause EA doesn't make pretty houses for the most part. I can't stop doing it. It's a compulsion with every game.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 11:32 PM
Pause key.

Any time anything cute happens -- which is pretty much constantly when Sims are involved -- I feel like I need to pause it and take pictures. Oh my goodness, I am turning into my parents.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Pause key.

Any time anything cute happens -- which is pretty much constantly when Sims are involved -- I feel like I need to pause it and take pictures. Oh my goodness, I am turning into my parents.
I don't pause for cute things necessarily, but I am constantly playing by rapidly pausing and speed 3.
Instructor
#19 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 1:29 AM
It seems like a minor thing but when building, I ALWAYS start with the bathrooms first when adding items to an empty home. I try to switch it up sometimes but I can't. It just feels so wrong to do anything else first. idk. *shrugs*

Also I constantly pause my game to do something in the world, and then go back to my sim, and not realize for several minutes that the game is still paused. I pause my game way more than I need to, sometimes even doing it for no reason absentmindedly.
One Minute Ninja'd
#20 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annything
"Also, I have trouble not having my Sims woohoo with anyone that talks to them, especially the females"

Only if they have money, for me. I always go into Mastercontroller and check their household funds first before they get my Sim's woohoo powers. And she's straight so she doesn't have fun woohooing with girls but I wish she wasn't. :c

Yeah, I keep saying just because they got the attraction thing happening with the little hearts, and the "I love a sim who learns a new skill", doesn't mean they have to screw every single one of them. But no matter how many times I swear I won't play like that again, well, there you go.

And of course, having a bi sim does double the potential quickie pool. Don't despair, either. After your sim has been with her same gender a few times, believe me, she'll be having plenty of fun.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 1:44 AM
Oh my god, about the pause thing, sometimes after playing Sims a lot I hit P during Skype chats when it's going too fast and I need time to process everything. I also use P to pause YouTube videos which doesn't actually work. And sometimes while watching Sims let's plays I try to move the camera around with my arrow keys so I can see everything better. It's madness.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 1:59 AM
Somehow, I always manage to make my children and teens get on the honor roll and stay there. They always do their homework, they're always signed up for after-school activities. Just once, I need to have a child or teen who is failing school.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aldakoopa
I don't pause for cute things necessarily, but I am constantly playing by rapidly pausing and speed 3.

I can touch the P key even when I'm blindfolded

Vivi e lascia vivere.
Instructor
#24 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 3:58 AM
Stop. collecting. rocks... and seeds, and flowers and other crap, you don't need it

My simblr AsdSims
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 4:00 AM
Families with toddlers. Can't kick the habit. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Page 1 of 5