Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Egyptian Chariot with Custom Sound

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 951 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 65,506 Views
Uploaded: 29th May 2007 at 12:41 AM
Updated: 27th Jun 2007 at 10:40 PM
Egyptian Chariot
with
Custom Sound

Finally I finished this vehicle. I wanted to have it since about 10 months. Meanwhile other players asked me to make such a chariot and I'm sorry that it took such a long time, but there is a life without the Sims, too. I tried to make it as authentic as I could. - Enjoy!

Technical remarks:

This vehicle uses custom sound.

A Big "Thank You!" goes to Shaklin for sharing her knowledge and her help with me to make the sound package!!!
She encouraged me to share this object. Unfortunately she retired from modding the Sims.

Installation:
This vehicle is drivable and a clone of a car. That's why you must have Nightlife to get the chariot to work.
Extract the packages of the *.rar-files as usual to your downloads-folder or a subfolder of it.
That's all! - To get rid of the object simply delete the packages.

The object needs the separate sound package to work correctly!

You should hear the new sound of a horse related vehicle and the neigh of the horse. As long as I tested this vehicle I had no problems. I changed the animations like shown in the pictures. This chariot has no lights. All the other functions of the cars work like before.
I also prepared the textures in a way that the horses can be recoloured separately. That means the textures of the two horses are in the same file. So different colours can be combined while the carriage and so on is textured in a second file.

Edit 07-06-27: Small improvements of the animations for children as I didn't remember they would use the vehicle, too. Thanks to SnowHawk9 for the feedback.

mesh handmade by hexameter

Used Software:
MilkShape 3D; PaintShopPro; UV-mapper Pro; SimPE; Nero Wave Editor; Jet Audio (to convert the sound of Nero correctly)

Polygon Counts:
Vertices: 9,763 ( 814 per tile)
Faces: 13,879 (1,157 per tile)

Additional Credits:
Of course at first they go to Shaklin for detecting how sound works in animations. Thanks for explaining me how to do it for my objects, too!

The site owners for the possibility to share my objects.
Several modders for the tutorials I used during the last years.
Quaxi for SimPE Maxis for the game