Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:06 PM
I found using the hangout option after dinner to be perfect, especially if the parent sim is a popularity Sim, they gain points super fast. Before time runs out, I cancel it out, and then admire him, and usually it's way above 90
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:21 PM
I've tried many times to get kids into private school without cheats, and I never was able to make the headmaster happy enough to let the kids in. (That is the only time I've ever had a knowledge Sim go into aspiration failure. He had twins and had 2 wants for them to get into private school and had 2 fears of them being rejected. He was at work when the headmaster came. No matter what the mom tried, it didn't work and the twins were rejected. The knowledge sim went into total aspiration failure when he got home from work an that was the first time I saw the therapist.)

Since I could never succeed to get the kids in the normal way, I now use TwoJeff's college adjuster to cheat them in. (It has the option school type private or public for teens and children. I usually switch the child/teen over to private and the parents/child's wants are filled)
Mad Poster
#53 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RowenaLupin
I found using the hangout option after dinner to be perfect

Never thought to try that, and it's good to know, because the failure rate of Schmooze is very high in my game, regardless of the schmoozing sim's Charisma level.

The Tour and the meal usually get me within a few points with a lot of time to spare, so I'll definitely try Hang Out next time to top those points off.
Scholar
#54 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:35 PM
I get up to 60 points just by greeting the Headmaster using all possible greeting that came with AL, you know, like high five, kiss kiss darling and the rest. Looks silly, but hey it works and helps to get kids into desired private educational institution even if Sims are "not worthy" money/cooking skills-wise. Even if the house is decorated poorly and spaghetti were served for dinner, I still manage to collect the remaining necessary 30 points after over-greeting the headmaster.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
I get up to 60 points just by greeting the Headmaster using all possible greeting that came with AL, you know, like high five, kiss kiss darling and the rest.

Really?
I'll have to try that too! With that, I could skip the Tour altogether and go straight for a fish meal. Boom, done!
Scholar
#56 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Really?
I'll have to try that too! With that, I could skip the Tour altogether and go straight for a fish meal. Boom, done!

Yep, I stand by my word since I do it every time when inviting a Headmaster and it works, most of the time it brings me 60 points if I queue the greetings up to 8 actions - once the headmaster arrives and gets out of his car, I pause the game and queue 8 actions, any variation of AL greetings will do as long as you greet him 8 times. I guess Headmaster feels overwhelmed by such exposure of love and welcome, so 60 points are earned right on the sidewalk :D.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM
Almost too easy to be fun.
Theorist
#58 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:08 PM
I do the same thing now with the AL greetings. A popularity sim (with the FT aspiration bonuses) can greet the headmaster at the door with all of the AL greetings while wearing those ridiculous aspiration glasses and earn enough points without the tour or dinner. I'm almost positive there's mods out there where you can just pay to have your kids sent to private school instead of dealing with the headmaster scenario--I don't know why I don't search that out since I "cheat" my way through anyway.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:22 PM
Monique's hacked computer can be used to enroll kids in private school. I have it, but it's not installed yet. Updated through AL: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html

Funny, I had thought there was a way to add kids to private school (or back to public school) with the LotDebugger or SimBlender, but when I needed to un-enroll one recently, I could not find such an option on either. Which kinda begs the question: Is there an in-game way to put kids back into public school? Failing grades? I've never had occasion to wonder before.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:31 PM
Monique's hacked computer can be used to enroll kids in private school. I have it, but it's not installed yet. Updated through AL: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html

Funny, I had thought there was a way to add kids to private school (or back to public school) with the LotDebugger or SimBlender, but when I needed to un-enroll one recently, I could not find such an option on either. Which kinda begs the question: Is there an in-game way to put kids back into public school? Failing grades? I've never had occasion to wonder before.

According to TwoJeffs with the college adjuster you can choose between private and public school: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

I've always used it to get children/teens into private school, but you could use the pie option to put them back into public school if you wanted.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:30 PM
Filet mignon works (if you have the mod where your Sims can make it at home). I almost never do the Schmooze interaction. I've found that even if the Headmaster gets snotty after being offered the tour your Sim can still rack up Schmooze points.

Basically any dish that's really filling (filet mignon, pork chops, salmon, lobster thermidor) really helps, having a Sim with at least 5 Cooking skill points works (keep in mind that a Sim with level 7 Cooking will make more satisfying pork chops than a Sim with only 5 points).

If you have a child give the tour, keep in mind that they don't have an Environment need, so plan ahead of time what rooms you want them to show. In order to prevent burned food (and possibly a fire during the visit--I've had this happen!) have your Sim make the meal ahead of time, stash it in the fridge, and just get the leftovers when it's time for dinner.

(Having the Fitness For All hack is good for the lulz too...I've had a headmaster get fat after dinner!)
Mad Poster
#62 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:20 PM
I've never had a problem - All you need is a house with with a few rooms with high room score, a nice meal, and a little schmoozing. I usually check the room scores before the headmaster shows up and add lights or art where necessary. I also try to have the meal precooked and make sure at least one of the simmies is rested enough to entertain in the evening. The score has always been well over what's needed. I've always saved after each scoring just in case I needed to replay a part, but it's never been necessary.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
According to TwoJeffs with the college adjuster you can choose between private and public school: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

I've always used it to get children/teens into private school, but you could use the pie option to put them back into public school if you wanted.

Ah, that must be where I'd seen the option, then. Didn't think to look there, and it's probably on Pes's college clock too. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 8:16 AM
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but you can get an extra 10 points for getting the headmaster to go into your family's hot tub, plus schmooze points for the socializing that goes on inside it. The hard part is getting him out of the hot tub -- the points aren't awarded until he exits.

If your sims are not skilled cooks, but they have fresh fish or vegetables, you can serve a sparkly fresh meal to the headmaster. If I recall correctly, you can get something like 40-50 points for bass with squash, which does not require any cooking skill. All you need is a stove or grill and a largemouth bass. I don't know how many points you would get for mac & cheese cooked with fresh ingredients.

Schmooze points top out at 60; even if your STR score with the headmaster goes up by more than 60 points, you'll only get 60. The tour will end as soon as your tour score passes 40 points. It's just barely possible to get your kids into private school without serving any food to the headmaster; I've done it once or twice.

"Demons were like genies or philosophy professors — if you didn't word things exactly right, they delighted in giving you absolutely accurate and completely misleading answers."
--Terry Pratchett
Forum Resident
#65 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but you can get an extra 10 points for getting the headmaster to go into your family's hot tub

Drinks from the bar and coffee from the expresso machine (the expensive one that only allows you to make two cups at a time) also give 10 points each: you can't control the headmaster taking them, but generally speaking if he's in the room when you make them, he'll come over and join in.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#66 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:47 PM
But don't make any more espresso, because he'll take that too, and you don't get extra points for a second cup. I don't remember which family it was, but someone needed to caffinate in preparation for a night of stargazing, and the headmaster kept taking the espresso on me.
I use Inge's school mods to move additional children into private school. Seems kind of silly to me that if the older three kids are already in private school the younger two don't get in automatically.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:09 PM
I've gotten as high as 50 tour points...you show a room that's 10 points, followed by a 15-pointer, then another 10 (bringing it to 35), then another 15-pointer. Of course you generally don't know until after the fact how high the rooms score...but I've gotten 50.

Generally the headmaster follows your Sim and does what they do.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katya_stevens
I have to admit, I like the skill-giving pop-ups for private school -- I have a mod which makes sims pay for private school, so if they have the money to decorate the house and pay for tuition, they don't need the money.

what mod is that? i searched MATY and couldn't find the one mentioned earlier in the thread
Mad Poster
#69 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I've gotten as high as 50 tour points...you show a room that's 10 points, followed by a 15-pointer, then another 10 (bringing it to 35), then another 15-pointer. Of course you generally don't know until after the fact how high the rooms score...but I've gotten 50.

Sounds like 60 points is possible for the Tour then, theoretically. I've only ever gotten 40 points. That plus full meal points is often enough that Schmoozing and/or coffee are unnecessary (sometimes need one or two good Schmoozes, but that's it), but I'd like to see some 15-point room scores sometime anyway.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:21 PM
Sounds like 60 points is possible for the Tour then, theoretically. I've only ever gotten 40 points. That plus full meal points is often enough that Schmoozing and/or coffee are unnecessary (sometimes need one or two good Schmoozes, but that's it), but I'd like to see some 15-point room scores sometime anyway.
60 isn't possible. If you get the score to 45, the tour will end. The only way to get to 50 is to go from 35 to 50 in one leap as Alexandra described.

I rarely have 15-point rooms, since my sims generally don't buy a lot of expensive art. My tours usually top out around 45 or so.

Quote:
Drinks from the bar and coffee from the expresso machine (the expensive one that only allows you to make two cups at a time) also give 10 points each: you can't control the headmaster taking them, but generally speaking if he's in the room when you make them, he'll come over and join in.
I already knew about the espresso, thanks -- it's been mentioned a few times -- I just didn't see anything about the hot tub, so that's why I brought it up.

"Demons were like genies or philosophy professors — if you didn't word things exactly right, they delighted in giving you absolutely accurate and completely misleading answers."
--Terry Pratchett
Mad Poster
#71 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle
60 isn't possible. If you get the score to 45, the tour will end. The only way to get to 50 is to go from 35 to 50 in one leap as Alexandra described.

Good to know - thank you.
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
How do you get into private school? How do you deal with the headmaster? All those questions and more, answered right here:

Game Guide: Private School

Any more questions about Private School not covered there? Have any other special tips and info? Post 'em up here.

Oh my god, Thank you so much i've tried everything but all my children have to go to normal school because i'm rubbish at getting them in,
thanks again :}
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 4:44 PM
Monique's hacked computer can be used to enroll kids in private school. I have it, but it's not installed yet. Updated through AL: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html.

Why Don't you just use the cheat?
Mad Poster
#74 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cosmostar
Why Don't you just use the cheat?

Uh... because it's more challenging and fun to NOT cheat?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:13 AM
I have no idea why, but cooking spaghetti always got me around 40points for food. Just saying

"When darkness falls hope is a concept broken with suffering."
Page 3 of 4