Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#276 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:50 AM Last edited by simsample : 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by bakafox
"Could not open package Hidden Springs.world.
Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'."

Ah, that message means that S3PE has detected it as being an EA Store asset. You'll have to run the world file through decrapify to get S3PE to open it, as you do with Riverview.

Edited to add:
scarletqueenkat, I moved your thread here since your problem is relevant to this thread.

Please first just check that all of your EPs and SPs are fully patched- Launcher will only patch the basegame and latest EP:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ind_Gameversion
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table

Could you post a screenshot of the error you are getting? This is just occurring after you save in EIG and then try to open the file in CAW?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Edited to add:
scarletqueenkat, I moved your thread here since your problem is relevant to this thread.

Please first just check that all of your EPs and SPs are fully patched- Launcher will only patch the basegame and latest EP:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ind_Gameversion
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table

Could you post a screenshot of the error you are getting? This is just occurring after you save in EIG and then try to open the file in CAW?

That's fine.

I've already ensured the my game is fully patched. All of my EPs/SPs have the latest version.

That's right, it only occurs after I save in EIG, it works perfectly until then. I've also tried the suggestion closing CAW after starting it, same result. The save after I do my edits in EIG always says Successful. Screenshot of the error included.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#278 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 8:45 AM
Just to check, you have given a new WPID to this world, and a new name/title and thumbnail? And you have no punctuation or characters other than numbers and letters in your world name?

If all that fails, perhaps you could upload the CAW file somewhere and I can test it on my machine. That would at least tell us if it is computer specific, or something with the world itself.
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 10:24 PM Last edited by scarletqueenkat : 2nd Dec 2011 at 11:55 PM.
Just to check, you have given a new WPID to this world, and a new name/title and thumbnail? And you have no punctuation or characters other than numbers and letters in your world name?

If all that fails, perhaps you could upload the CAW file somewhere and I can test it on my machine. That would at least tell us if it is computer specific, or something with the world itself.

Yep, followed the instructions in Inkantator's tutorial, deleted WPID after importing the files. Gave it a new name, description, and thumbnail. World name is just letters.

I've even tried uninstalling CAW, using CCleaner, then reinstalling it, same thing =/

I'll upload it if you want, see if you can open it. I don't know what it would be with my computer though, if you would be able to successfully open it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#280 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:11 AM
Yes, you can upload it of you like, as I'm not sure what the problem is.

Please upload the uncorrupted version, then I can see if I can open it in EIG and save successfully.
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:40 AM
Ok here is the uncorrupted file. I tried again earlier today to test out after reinstalling CAW. This is the backup I saved right before taking it to EIG.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xuu1j95rhih1l5w
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#282 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 4:24 AM
That's the packed file, either that or it's just the CAW World file. I need both the world file and the corresponding folder from your CAW folder.
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 2:03 AM Last edited by Ibce : 11th Dec 2011 at 6:34 AM.
I'm in need of some help.
What I want is to turn my updated version of sunset valley into a s3pack (now it's kept in a save) and to edit the plants around the wollf's lot to suit the style of the house I'm building there. I have a problem with the first part:
Some of the lots had minor cc added and I also edited some of them and added some objects, mostly store, (including premium content, all decrapified) and some useable cc in s3pack form like LilyofTheValley's inflatable sprinklers. And I want to keep the cc on the lots.
I exported the lots, run them through CUSTARD and made a list of CC. I was told to leave the package's of the objects in Mods/Packages and just leave the Downloads folder untouched, which I did. After following the first method in tutorial 'Editing Premade (Packed) Worlds' I opened the world to EIG and plopped down one of the saved lots. However, some of the cc got replaced or dissapeared. It seems the problems are mostly with s3packs, but from the list only 5 of the objects are in .package form. Dissapeared/got replaced both store objects and created by third party.

My game version is 1.26 with all EP's and SP's installed, the folders DCCache and DCBackup are not empty.
Version of CAW:
[Version]
languages=en-us,fr-fr,es-es,es-mx,de-de,it-it,nl-nl,sv-se,da-dk,no-no,fi-fi,pl-pl,pt-pt,hu-hu,cs-cz,pt-br,el-gr,ru-ru,ko-kr,zh-hk,ja-jp
GameVersion = 1.13.3.013037
CompatVersion = 13
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 10

Moving all the packages back to Mods/Packages didn't help and both saved to library and exported then installed lots had this problem.

UPD: Opened sunset_valley_lite in caw, plopped down an empty lot, placed one of the lots I had problem with, saved. added description, exported and installed it. after entering it found the two store objects I had in it stayed replaced the same way they were replaced in CAW.
Also, would appreciate if you could explain how to amend my resource.cfg to allow .dbc/.ebc files
The guide provided there seemed to be only for packages.

Seems it's all fixed thanks to ingeli from Simlogical.
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 3:39 AM
That's the packed file, either that or it's just the CAW World file. I need both the world file and the corresponding folder from your CAW folder.

Oh sorry, must've been just the CAW world file, I was half asleep. After messing around with it and trying it again with the 2nd method to do it, it's working now. I should've done that in the first place. Thank you for trying to help though! =)
Test Subject
#285 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 3:36 PM
So, now I managed to get Appaloosa Plains into CAW, but every time I try to save it, I get an error message, saying that CAW crashed because it tried to read or write in protected memory.

That's the message I got. Sadly it's in German, but I tried translating it above.
Test Subject
#286 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:51 PM Last edited by c-mattio : 11th Dec 2011 at 12:13 PM.
Default Slightly different error
Hi,

I recently opened Sunset Valley (premade, populated world version with base game) with the intention of editing it to include all the content from EPs/SPs to date.

I initally had a lot of trouble with EIG crashing when saving but after going through these threads I have got EIG to fuction effectively. EIG opens normally, I can save edits with no problem, I can close EIG with no issues. However, when I try to reopen the save in CAW, it tells me Unable to open "filepath": Could not open "filepath"

I do not have the version incompatibility issue (checked)

CAW is LAA enabled

All my CC and Mods have been pre-removed prior to starting any of this

I cleared both Game a CAW caches prior to starting editing and prior to reopening any file.

It appears the EIG is corrupting the files during save even though it is not crashing or malfunctioning in any way.

Please could you advise on any way to resolve this. Many thanks.

PS I also checked my Virtual store and its empty!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#287 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 2:37 PM
scarletqueenkat- glad you got it fixed, well done!

InCaseOfAsteroid- did you use method 1 or method 2 to open the world? Whichever you tried, try the other! See the first posts for information.

c-mattio, the only think I can think of to try is to launch EIG without CAW:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453161
Otherwise, try removing the sims.
Test Subject
#288 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:23 PM
Hi. I'm reporting an error with imported premade world (Sunset Valley) and its solution:

- after editing in game the caw couldn't load the .world file (either i saved it or not)
- i had premade sims population imported with the world

Solution:
- I moved everything away from the base layout, except for some "objects" which I found out were those sims. those i couldn't delete in caw.
- I copied the blank base-layout from the Sunset_Valley_Lite world files (already in CAW) and substitute with that my base-layout full of pre-made playable sims.

Sims are gone, now it loads the files.
Simsample mentioned a mod that allow to delete all the sims, but I don't know if it also works with CAW only, otherwise the trick doesn't work with worlds different from sunset valley and riverview. ((
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:30 PM
Wanted to make sure - there is still no solution to adding deceased sims to family relations and ghosts to the remains in the graveyard without borking the game?
Particularly interested about editing Sunset Valley and keeping the premade households the same way they were. Without adding a save file.
Test Subject
#290 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 7:46 PM
After France I have exported the following problem.

and not how to solve that problem.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#291 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 12:40 AM
Hi, apparently no one knew how to help. Eventually I found a solution. To solve this problem in dense fog, what I did was delete the leftover image files that were in the file world.

Sorry for bad English. I speak Spanish and used the google translator.

Original text in Spanish:
"Hola, al parecen nadie sabía como ayudarme. Al final encontré una solución. Para solucionar ese problema de niebla densa, lo que hice fue borrar los archivos de imagen sobrantes que habían en el archivo mundo."

Thanks anyway
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#292 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:23 AM
elianamaite, sorry I couldn't reply sooner, well done for figuring out!

As you found, this problem is caused when you have a world with custom colour ramps and INI files in it (as all of the EA EP worlds do). CAW will discard the INI files upon saving, but the DDS colour ramps will remain, and so you have incorrect fog and water parameters.

To solve this you must either delete the colour ramps as you found:
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_ECCBBCB773C02131%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_7529C26EE8E2A9E6%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_28C841C9462BCDE0%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_E422CDDE7FE1F25F%%+_IMG.dds
S3_00B2D882_0076A684_F0A86F660985BF20%%+_IMG.dds

Or else re-import the INI files frm the original world:
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_560C0FD7012DA7F3%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_967BC6C3B3808C00%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_FE1F6A95A24A604A%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_2C02B3532B64EB49%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_8DEA7AE7631A026A%%+_INI.ini

More information in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198

kchaos, thanks for letting us know how you solved it! By 'Base layout' I believe you meant the Global Layer? If so, then you were substituting a blank Sunset Valley Global layer for the populated one. You cannot delete sims effectively in CAW (apart from if you have a clean Global Layer as you found) but you can in EIG mode with the use of a mod, such as Pescado's Awesomemod.

Ibce, no- you can't add dead sims to the world file in the same way as you do with live sims. However, EA use a method where the sims are present in the world file but initialised using an XML mod, so there must be a way of doing this. Kiwi_tea was doing some research here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427961
Test Subject
#293 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:03 PM
Hi,
it's me again. By now I've given up on Appaloosa Plains, as I just can't get it to work properly. My CAW-tool has no problems loading any of my files, but it simply refuses to create a new world file. So I can't try the first method.
Now if got another file I tried to open: Kleinhatten by Fuchur. The second method works up to the point where I have to safe the world with a new name. It crashes every time. I already tried deleting the _key and _ini files, but that changes nothing.
Here's the error I get when I try to save:

Translated it says that the Caw-Tool crashed because it tried reading or writing in protected memory.

Does anyone have an idea how I could get it to work?

lg
Anna
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InCaseOfAsteroid
Translated it says that the Caw-Tool crashed because it tried reading or writing in protected memory.

Does anyone have an idea how I could get it to work?
I recall reading somewhere - probably here on MTS! - that running CAW as an Administrator helps with a lot of memory-related crashes. I used to get that same error message every time I'd try to create a curved road. Once I started running CAW as an Administrator, though, the crashes stopped.

I hope that helps!
Test Subject
#295 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 5:27 PM
Nope, sorry. I tried that already. It doesn't change anything.
Test Subject
#296 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 6:06 PM
I've returned to my bridgeport project after a year and of course, CAW is just as problematic as ever.

I exported my new world and tested it in game after installing it; no problems there. I then shut down the game and relaunched CAW. It is unable to even load to the main page. A pop up window appears: "The Sims 3 CAW has crashed! Exception information: attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt".

I have no clue why that is happening. It was working fine before when I was editing the world and saving. Now I can't even open it.

"Don't worry Ma'am, I am a professional. Underneath this pillow lies the key to my release."- Sherlock Holmes
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#297 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 10:30 PM
InCaseOfAsteroid and chelz710- the 'attempted to write protected memory' error can have several causes with CAW.

Firstly, and most likely, it could be that there is something wrong with the world file- so try importing the resources again, and be sure to give the world a new name, description and thumbnail, and to 'save as' instead of save.

Other causes can be a problem with CAW itself, so there are some suggestions here about that:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 12:33 PM
Default Emptying pre-populated worlds - failing again and again ...
Dear all,

I've been playing around with a pre-populated custom world which I would like to adapt a bit to my personal taste. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get rid of the Sims in this world, no matter how I try, following the tutorials in this forum. I have deleted them in EIG via 'evict to clipboard - delete'; to no avail. I've also annihilated the whole town via NRAAS' DebugEnabler/MasterController - still no success. Point is, whenever and however I delete those stupid little buggers in EIG and then try to save, EIG crashes on me - ergo, no save, and in CAW, I'm back to the world state before entering EIG - with Sims. Only route I haven't tried yet is AwesomeMod because I don't usually use this, and because I've also read already that it wasn't 100% fail safe either.

Please, can anybody help? I'm going insane over this, I just can't find what I'm doing wrong! I've done some world editing in CAW and EIG before, all the importing and stuff concerning pre-made worlds works just fine as well - but those stubborn Sims!!!! They drive me nuts, always standing in front of their little houses AGAIN, and GRINNING up at me I swear ...

Would be most grateful if anybody helped me kill those grmpfxgrssss ...
Tiinii
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#299 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 12:52 PM
I've always had most success with Awesomemod, using destroyallhumans. The other methods I've tried haven't worked, although I must admit I haven't played with this for a long time. Perhaps someone who has tried recently will comment.
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 1:26 PM
Thanks simsample, from what you're saying it sounds like I must indeed try AwesomeMod to maybe finally get any results ... Would you know, does one still have to install the framework and all that to use the Mod?
Argh I really wish there was a simple straight-forward way to get rid of those Sims ...
Page 12 of 23