Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 12:18 AM
Default Create new Books
I've noticed that for textures for books, are actually applied by code to a sample book. What I want to do is to create a new book with texture so Is it possible to do so?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 12:25 AM
Are you just wanting to create a book object? Or create a functional book in the game that has your texture on it? If it's the latter do you just want to over-ride the look of a certain EA book in the game or create your own totally new book that would still function?

If you're wanting to create a new book that still functions I'm not certain the meshing section is where you're gonna find the best answers.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:29 AM
I want to create a functional book in game that has my texture, but yeah i posted here because it might have been more of a texturing problem if there was an easy way to do it.
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:36 AM
In the S3OC I see the individual books...those could probably be retextured although I don't know that for sure since I've never tried it. But if it worked, that would still give you a default replacement and not a unique book.

I think to make a unique book would require coding which I'm guessing, from previous posts you've made, you know a lot more about than most people who post in Meshing and certainly more than I do.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 2:25 AM
You see every individual books? All i see is like BookFishing, BookRecipe, BookHomework, BookSkill, and that's it. What are the names of the ones your are finding?
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 2:59 AM
a screenshot is easier...but they aren't in alpha order...I apologize.

I'm not seeing the novels or all the others though. Just these, so clearly not every book there is.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 3:04 AM
Well yeah i see those ones, but those aren't individual books.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 6:29 AM
The individual books are listed in the books XML. Each one references one of the books you see in S3OC as its mesh. There's an extensive discussion of adding new books (which use existing book objects) here. In theory, adding a true custom book would be a matter of making a new book object... and getting the game to recognize it as a book when it's referenced in the XML. I haven't the faintest notion of how one would actually go about this. There's also the problem that, because they all tune the same XML, multiple book mods are incompatible; that's probably also surmountable, but again, I haven't the faintest notion how.