Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 3:26 PM
Grilled Cheese Aspiration?
Don't know if this thread has been done before, but I got to thinking about it last night after killing off the Una chick in Desiderata Valley. I hardly ever allow sims to have the grilled cheese aspiration and I was wondering how others felt about it.

I randomize all my sims' aspirations and I always randomize the first one to be one of the regular 6 aspirations. If I roll the secondary aspiration the same as the first, ex: if the primary aspiration is knowledge, and I roll the secondary aspiration to be knowledge, then I will choose grilled cheese as the secondary aspiration. (I got that idea from a challenge, but I can't remember which one.) Truthfully, I hate the GC aspiration and sometimes I'll just reroll the secondary aspiration.

So, do your sims love grilled cheese?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 3:31 PM
I have one or two. Don't have a problem with it personally - it's great for the food-obsessed lazy buggers.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 3:51 PM
I'm not fond of the grilled cheese aspiration either. I find it hard to identify what their personality is if all they roll wants for is eating/making/talking about grilled cheese. I sometimes give it as a secondary aspiration, but not very often. Strangely enough though, I like Natasha Una! She is the only grilled cheese sim in my neighbourhood, so maybe I can cope with it in moderation.
Theorist
#4 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 3:55 PM
My zombies are always Grilled Cheese aspiration. (Hey, it's an obsession with something edible!) Other than that, I tend not to have GC Sims, because I can't just choose it -- I have to use the aspiration changer when the Sim is in the red, and hope it doesn't work correctly. I don't mind them, but they're generally too much bother to get.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Banned
#5 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 4:15 PM
Never used it. Seems stupid and as said above you can't just pick it. Haven't even used pleasure yet because I've had Nightlife installed less than a week and haven't created new sims since.
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 4:23 PM
I don't use it as a primary aspiration very much because, as esmeiolanthe says, it's a lot of hassle to activate. I do use it for secondary aspirations. A couple of such Sims in a large dorm can be useful, and a few elsewhere in the neighbourhood can make a refreshing change.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 5:13 PM
My 10th generation of my legacy had 7 kids (who's names were the Spanish days of the week). I think Miercoles was the odd one. He had been an odd duck since he was little, so he got to be the Grilled Cheese Aspiration. (His sister, Lunes-a family sim, beat him for heir though)

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

LJ Tumblr
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 5:16 PM
I find the aspiration to be a bit boring due to the limited variety of wants. I guess that's because with my play style, a Sim can only go on a date, get married, make a friend, gain skill points for a promotion, etc. if they roll a want to. Y'know, all the interesting (IMO) stuff. When I played Natasha, she mostly just sat around the house with free will on, occasionally eating a grilled cheese when she was hungry. I gave her a secondary aspiration after the week was over, so maybe she'll be more interesting next time I play her. I started a Prosperity challenge recently and several Sims have grilled cheese secondary, and it's not so bad when it doesn't consume all their wants. So, it's tolerable as secondary, but I wouldn't want to play it as the primary and only aspiration.
#9 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 5:40 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, when the grilled cheese aspiration first became an option I was drawn to that idea like a moth to flame. I just jumped all over it and made like 5 people on one block have it at the same time. I was all excited thinking the grilled cheese aspiration would go somewhere, but it never really did. I wanted to kick myself for doing it, because for a solid month of gameplay it seemed all I ever did was load it up and watch sims prepare, eat, and talk about grilled cheese. I figured it was just a bit of Maxis humor in the end and I am still not sure they ever meant for a player to take this aspiration seriously.

I still find it very funny, the idea of someone loving grilled cheese so much they devote their entire life to it. The concept is still hilarious to me but it's not so much fun in actual gameplay. I rarely choose it anymore, just because it doesn't really go anywhere and the wants associated with it are so limited and repetitive.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 5:44 PM
You killed Natasha off, just for being a grilled cheese sim? Why not just change her aspiration to something you prefer for her?

I'm not a huge fan of the GC aspiration, but for the sake of variety, I let Natasha stay that way. I've also given at least one other CAS sim a secondary GC (primary Family), because he has high interest in food, his one true hobby is cuisine, and his LTW is to be a Celebrity Chef. So his life mission is to bring his own brand of grilled cheese perfection to the masses. It just works for him.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 5:53 PM
I generally think of Grilled Cheese as being a sim who is a little... different. I rarely play it, and only with I sim that I think of as insane. I can't imagine, however, having a one sim household with GC. That would be boring...
#12 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
So his life mission is to bring his own brand of grilled cheese perfection to the masses. It just works for him.

So much love for this. I really do love the idea of a sim devoting their life to it. It's just funny as hell to me to imagine a sim staying up all night, furiously drawing diagrams and detailed grilled cheese blueprints, pouring their blood, sweat, and tears out in the kitchen every single day trying to perfect the greatest grilled cheese the world has ever seen.

It's just one of those little things that makes perfect sense in Sim World. Just like Llama related things and The Smustle. The aspiration might not be all that fun to play repeatedly, but the fact that it exists is just another one of those things which makes TS2 so endearing I think.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 6:22 PM
Well, because I choose aspirations for my sims based on their OTH, a sim with an OH for Cuisine will get the Grilled cheese aspiration as a primary (with the use of mods), and a family aspiration as secondary, just to increase the number of wants that are possible to roll to.

The one thing I hate about this aspiration is the limited number of wants and fears, unless your sims went to college and has six want slots, then they will roll something else like "Talk about hobby", or, you have a secondary aspiration for it. The Family aspiration seems to be the perfect match for it, as a secondary aspiration.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
You killed Natasha off, just for being a grilled cheese sim? Why not just change her aspiration to something you prefer for her?

LOL, no I didn't kill her off because she likes grilled cheese! I was in the process of killing off all of the residents in DV and when I got to her household, I thought about how I almost never play a GC sim (because like other's said: lack of variety in wants), even when I roll it as secondary.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:24 PM
Grilled cheese is pretty nice though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
transmogrified
retired moderator
#16 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
If I roll the secondary aspiration the same as the first, ex: if the primary aspiration is knowledge, and I roll the secondary aspiration to be knowledge, then I will choose grilled cheese as the secondary aspiration.

Twins! But I dislike the grilled cheese aspiration's total ownership of wants, so any Sim who gets it as a secondary doesn't get it assigned until elderhood. It's considered a form of dementia in Prosperity. I only wish the willingness to listen to someone drone on about grilled cheese was based on relationship scores instead of (I think) niceness points. I mean, it's completely believable that someone's spouse or children would get frustrated by this myopic obsession, but you don't have to be nice to be patient and kind to the people you love.

That being said, I find the aspiration kind of cute in Natasha Una, mostly because I only play EAxis Sims in a megahood, where they socialize constantly, so she really racks up the "Serve Grilled Cheese to Sim" points by endlessly serving grilled cheese to her guests.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 10:40 PM
In the BACC I'm currently playing, where you roll for primary and secondary aspirations, if they roll their primary for their secondary - grilled cheese they are!

I'm contemplating building a hippie commune on one lot, and may have grilled cheese-secondary sims predominate there. It would fit in well with the vibe I have in mind.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 10:47 PM
I played an asylum of simselves and decided my simself (the controllable) would be grilled cheese aspiration. I think I just set it with the simblender, no messing around with the orb. It was hard! Inmates would steal my cheese, wash up my cheese. "Give back that cheese you splitters!" and she got as round as an apple. I hadn't achieved the LTW before so that's why I chose it, also grilled cheese aspiration seems slightly mad and it was an asylum. I achieved that about 3 days after turning elder. I have another sim I punished with being grilled cheese, otherwise I give it as a secondary aspiration if it gets rolled or to sims who have cuisine as a hobby and seem preoccupied with cooking. I still haven’t seen grilled cheese aspiration failure and I want to see that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ttowntallyho
LOL, no I didn't kill her off because she likes grilled cheese! I was in the process of killing off all of the residents in DV...

Oh well, that's reassuring. Sorta.

I like this notion several have of GC sims as being slightly mad, or as having dementia. GC in an Asylum - brilliant!
Scholar
#20 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:48 AM
I used to do the roll same secondary as primary, get Grilled Cheese, but after a while I found its taking over of wants to be quite annoying (I could get the GC wants knocked away by hobby enthusiasm, but I find hobby enthusiasm can be quite constricting as well).
Scholar
#21 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:19 PM
I've got a few Grilled Cheese sims in my game, but the one I play the most is the Beakers' second lab rat Guinea Pig. Guinea was designed to look a bit like a white mouse, so it made sense for her to like cheese. A lot.

Guinea...is Guinea. Unlike my other Grilled Cheese sims, who come across as relatively-normal eccentrics who like fattening food and the opportunity to rave about said food, Guinea seems to function at a level roughly equivalent of a child. She's very innocent and her wants reflect a childlike nature; she's got a favorite food that she wants to share with others (because it's nice to share!), and she likes to talk about the sort of things she likes (grilled cheese~!) with the people she likes. When she's not cooking, she's cheerfully keeping the household spotless and playing with her half-alien daughter, Igor (I cringed when Guinea got abducted).

I haven't had any born-in-game sims that seem destined for a life of grilled-cheese-worship yet, though goofballs Garrett and Georgia Newson may become Grilled Cheese in their teens. They're odd little ducks.

It's a strange aspiration to play due to its limited number of wants, but I like it. I wouldn't want to have a large number of sims with it, though.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:36 PM
So I was looking up chemistry on the Sims Wiki to understand what affects it and found that two sims with the same aspiration will get a +35 bonus to their attraction. Unless they are both grilled cheese aspiration, in which case they get a +145 bonus!
#23 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mozgun
So I was looking up chemistry on the Sims Wiki to understand what affects it and found that two sims with the same aspiration will get a +35 bonus to their attraction. Unless they are both grilled cheese aspiration, in which case they get a +145 bonus!

Do they really? That's hysterical to me.

Grilled Cheese: The Ultimate Aphrodisiac?

Now I want to hunt down my old Grilled Cheese simmos and get them together, watch the cheesy sparks fly.

EDIT: Imagine the pillow talk?

"You make my heart melt like imported Gouda between two slices of hot Focaccia"

Field Researcher
#24 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
"You make my heart melt like imported Gouda between two slices of hot Focaccia"

Will you brie mine? Their pickup lines are so "cheesy"! lolol I have no life
#25 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mozgun
Will you brie mine? Their pickup lines are so "cheesy"! lolol I have no life

Ahahaha. I'm ashamed of how hard that made me laugh just now. Not just the line itself, but imagining a Grilled Cheese sim saying it without any irony whatsoever.

*is mirthful*

Page 1 of 2