Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#301 Old 19th May 2008 at 1:19 AM
mine would have been posted earlier, but I had prom yesterday so that pretty much took up the whole day I should be able to get mine done tonight unless my game is being ridiculously slow.

love your entry Rabid btw!
Advertisement
#302 Old 19th May 2008 at 1:24 AM
The Hotel:
The Room
Snowball Fight!!

Matt: We decided on going skiing for our honeymoon. I know it sounds crazy, especially as most people want to relax after their wedding but to be honest me and Laurie are only young and very active people. I love extreme sports and Laurie loves skiing so it was a natural choice. Also as models we have travelled to lots of beautiful beach locations and fancied something different!

The ski lodge we choose was a 5 star hotel with all the mod cons...we even managed to get the honeymoon suite even though there were 2 other couples on honeymoon! The room was very spacious and we even had our own jacuzzi!

The last day we didn't want to bother skiing or snowboarding so we just went for a walk and ended up having a snowball fight....I have to say Laurie looks petite and helpless, but its all an act!!

Life After Marriage

How has married life been so far?
Laurie: Married life has been great! Although we have only been married for 3 weeks, but its made the bond between us stronger!

Matt: Yeh and now Laurie has to iron my shirts!! Its in the rules! :D

Laurie: You had better be joking Matt!

What are your future plans?
Laurie: Babies!

Matt: What sleepeless nights and dirty nappies? No way, not for another 5 years at least!

Laurie: Hehe obviously I am joking, I do want kids and I know Matt does too but we both want to concentrate on our careers. Matt is starting a new job as a graphic designer and I need to make some decisions as to what I want to do. I will continue to model but I feel like I need something more.

Matt: Also we need to work on our new house. Its erm, needing ALOT of TLC. But so far life is good!

Laurie: Oh and Harley and Ric are dating!! Maybe another wedding soon?!
Mad Poster
#303 Old 19th May 2008 at 1:24 AM
Thank you :D!

Ooh, an alpine honeymoon. Way to step it up, fallfromgrace2006!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#304 Old 19th May 2008 at 4:05 AM
looks like I spoke too soon and jinxed it... my graphics card has been acting up lately and making the monitor look all wonky. I will not be able to finish until tomorrow night at the earliest. I know this may be impossible because of the time limit and if that's the case I guess I have to drop out.

fallfromgrace, I love the location, looks like fun!
#305 Old 19th May 2008 at 4:59 AM
Default Freelancer, Round 4
For our honeymoon, we visited the Aberash Resort, in Tanzania on the shores of Lake Tanganyika. The only way to reach it is by boat.

Here's our room! We didn't spend too much time here... but it was time well spent.

While exploring some ruins a few miles away from the resort, we found that we were not alone. There's a chance that this won't end well, but what can we say - we're mischievous kids at heart. Besides, it's nothing we haven't done before!

How has married life been so far?
Colleen: It really isn't much different from how our relationship has been for the last ten years, except we bought a new house. We work together, and even before we were a couple, we spent almost all of our free time with each other. We knew all about each others' quirks, from Alistair's obsessive need to organize his socks by color to my obsessive need to alphabetize everything, from the books on the shelf to the spices in the cupboard. The only thing that has really changed is that every day we are reminded of why we fell in love in the first place, when we fall asleep in each others' arms and wake up to find it wasn't a dream.

What are your future plans?
Alistair: Our future plans mostly involve continuing to do what we already do: teaching at Cambridge, applying for grants, and jetting off to the ends of the Earth to put our research funds to good use. We'll probably retire in five or six years, and travel to some of the few places we haven't been before - fishing in Antarctica, rafting in Bhutan, hiking in the Himalayas, things like that. If we were ever to settle permanently in somewhere besides England, it would probably be in Africa; either Kenya or Tanzania. We're ready for any adventure life is willing to throw at us next... the only thing we're planning on is to do it side by side.

- The Drs. Rhys-Ryden, Alistair and Colleen
Instructor
#306 Old 19th May 2008 at 1:07 PM
free those pics are unbelievable! the details in them is like WOW! I just had to reply to such great pics everyone. this contest is awesome. have been lurking and I'm amazed as always at the talent and creativity that ppl are capable of.
Original Poster
#307 Old 19th May 2008 at 1:42 PM
mangnoliae, if you can get it in tonight that would be great!

I'm glad to see all the other entries! Waiting on mangnoliae, then judging will take place!
#308 Old 19th May 2008 at 11:14 PM
Freelancer your pics are stunning!! Wow is all I can say!!
#309 Old 20th May 2008 at 4:32 AM
Default mangnoliae: Round 4
Honeymoon Location

We decided to vacation somewhere that neither of us had ever been before, a tropical rainforest! We went to the island nation of Dominica in the Caribbean because it is renowned for it's beautiful, untouched nature and numerous water falls and wildlife. We rented a little cabin for a week. It was so cool, there were so many trees surrounding it, it was like a tree house!

The Room

We fell in love with the room, we may have to decorate a room in our real house after this one. It was so calming and soothing yet still had an exotic and tropical feel. Collin loved the chair hanging from the ceiling, he's such a kid at heart!

Activities

We loved all the hiking available on the island and we explored many different trails. One day, we came across a hot spring that was heated naturally by volcano. It was so relaxing and amazing after an intense hike.

Life After Marriage

1. How has married life been so far?

It's been great! We are so happy together, and never regret our decision to get married. We both work, but always make sure to spend time each day together whether it be dinner, or watching one of our favorite movies. On the weekends we still get to do all the outdoor activities we enjoy together.

2. What are your future plans?

Well, we have gotten a dog, but for now that's as big as our family is going to get. We do plan to have kids in the future but we want to save up to buy a bigger house first. We're getting there, and on our way to fulfilling our dreams of having a family.

-----------------------------

wow, finally finished. Thanks for waiting for me, and sorry for holding everyone else up. I'm glad I got to finish this contest, for some reason, I had so many things going on that I just forgot when I applied. I loved the idea of the honeymoon round though and just had to finish it!

oh and Freelancer, wonderful entry, the attention to detail is amazing!
Original Poster
#310 Old 20th May 2008 at 3:12 PM
I'm glad to see that everyone got their entries in!

Round 4 is closed, judges will be PM'ed shorty & Round 3 Results soon!
Original Poster
#311 Old 21st May 2008 at 3:43 PM
Default Round Three Judging Scores!

Judding for this round was based on four aspects. All the judges scores were combined! No eliminations.

1. Rabid

1. Entry Completed? 15/15
2. Creativeness of ALL photos: 12/15
3. Rate the "Kiss": 13/15
4. Rate the Party: 13/15 (15 being Roof Raiser)

Total: 53/60

2. Freelancer

2. Creativeness of ALL photos: 11/15
3. Rate the "Kiss": 12/15
4. Rate the Party: 13/15 (15 being Roof Raiser)

Total: 51/60

3. fallfromgrace2006

2. Creativeness of ALL photos: 15/15
3. Rate the "Kiss": 13/15
4. Rate the Party: 15/15 (15 being Roof Raiser)

Total: 58/60

4. mangnoliae

2. Creativeness of ALL photos: 10/15
3. Rate the "Kiss": 11/15
4. Rate the Party: 11/15 (15 being Roof Raiser)

Total: 47/60
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 21st May 2008 at 5:31 PM
That was ridicu-freaking-less to judge! I believe I literally gave perfect scores for the honeymoon destinations for everyone. They were all just too gorgeous!
Original Poster
#313 Old 23rd May 2008 at 12:23 AM
Default Round 4 Judging - Winner!

Well, this contest is offically over You all were amazing contestants and made this so much fun! Thank you so much!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This round the scores were based on;

Overall look of hotel: X/15
Look of the room: X/15
Creativity of freeshot: X/15
Answer to Part II Questions:X/15

Total: XX/60

Rabid
Overall look of hotel: 13/15
Look of the room: 13/15
Creativity of freeshot: 10/15
Answer to Part II Questions: 13/15

Comments: When I get married you need to be the hotel designer!
The beach-front cottages looked a little rundown, but that gave it an extra oomph of authenticity to me. I would've liked to see a little more for your freeshot, but it was a nice photo.

Total: 49/60

Freelancer
Overall look of hotel: 13/15
Look of the room: 13/15
Creativity of freeshot: 12/15
Answer to Part II Questions: 15/15

Comments: I love this couple, I really do. The photos were brilliant, and their story was both creative and romantic in so many ways.

Total: 53/60

fallfromgrace2006
Overall look of hotel: 14/15
Look of the room: 14/15
Creativity of freeshot: 14/15
Answer to Part II Questions: 15/15

Comments: The hotel was beautiful, and what a cute couple.
Cute freeshot!

Total: 57/60

mangnoliae
Overall look of hotel: 12/15
Look of the room: 12/15
Creativity of freeshot: 9/15
Answer to Part II Questions: 10/15

Comments: The vacation area was just gorgeous. However, the freeshot was a little bit boring and expected.

Total: 43/60

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Winner is.... fallfromgrace2006!!

Mad Poster
#314 Old 23rd May 2008 at 1:20 AM
Congrats, fallfromgrace ! You did an excellent job, as did everyone else.

Thanks for a great contest, Brooke :D!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#315 Old 23rd May 2008 at 4:46 AM
congrats fallfromgrace!

everyone really did a great job in this contest, it's too bad not everyone was able to stay til the end.

i have to agree with my comments/ scores, I just became really pressed for time once this contest started and I'm sorry for not being able to do better. great contest anyway, and so much fun to plan everything out and see what others came up with!
#316 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:20 PM
Oh wow!! I won - did not expect that being honest as my last entry was very rushed!

Very happy though!! Thanks to bRooke_lynn for hosting a great competition and thanks to the other contestants, you were all brilliant!!

Thanks again!!!!
#317 Old 23rd May 2008 at 7:35 PM
Congrats fallingfromgrace! Awesome contest brooke lynn!
Instructor
#318 Old 25th May 2008 at 8:38 AM
Congratulations, Fallingfromgrace!!

Thanks for the best first Contest experience, Brooke!

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Lab Assistant
#319 Old 26th May 2008 at 6:44 PM
Awe, congrats everyone! I'm so sad to see this contest go. It was my favourite to judge!

Page 13 of 13