Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 7:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default Packaged Lot Not Showing Up In Catalog After Transferring It To New Computer
Finally got a new computer...Windows 7 with loads of RAM (4Gs) and Hard Drive. Plays Sims 2 GREAT! Problem is I made lots of lots (no pun intended) with my old Vista and now I need to install them in my new game(I began a new game) on the new computer. I had packaged the lots as I made them and had safely stored them on a flash drive, so installing them on the new computer was not a problem, except for one. I've tried repeatedly to install this one lot and each time I get the msg that it is already installed as a teleport. Nope...not there. Used CleanInstaller to check lot catalog and neighborhood lot catalog. All the custom content shows up in the Downloads folder (but them I already had the cc in place), but the lot does not.
All I can think of is that there is a problem with the lot as it is showing almost 70 kbs of file size (even bigger than my biggest house) for such a modest size lot.
I would redownload it and/or check its catalog cx number on the old computer, but I stupidly lost the lot catalog from it and had been fairly new.
Is there any way to find this 'already exists' lot file other that manually which I have repeatedly already done?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 8:05 PM
1.Cut and paste into a new folder on your desk top every thing in "C:\Users\(Your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog", make sure it is empty.
2.Check the teleport folder and see if it is empty, if not empty then cut and paste every thing in there to a new folder on your desk top.
3.If empty then try and install the lot again but do not start up the game but look in the teleport folder and see if there are 2 files in there.
4.If 2 files in there then start up your game and see if the lot is there, should be the only house now that every thing else should be in a folder on your desk top.

If not there then try and re-patch your game and all EP's and the 1 SP you have.
Then start at step 1 again.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 12:57 AM
Thanks for the advice, but I had to improvise because the lot still wouldn't show up. What I had not mentioned was that this 'newer' computer has 2 users on it. I looked into the teleport folder for EA under the admin user, copied the two lines of the lot's ID code, and then placed the copied lines into my user EA teleport file. It worked! The user difference did not affect the other lost, though. I had already tried to install the lot while in my user mode, but a msg would pop up and say that it already existed. Thanks again for your help!