Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 11:55 PM
Default The Time Traveller: Round Two Posted, Apps Closed; Sorry for the absence
This competition, should it be both approved and get enough applications should go into Other.

The Time Traveller

Banner to go here

What would you do if you had the power to change the past? What would you do if you could go back and pick the winning lottery numbers, save your friend before he made a fatal mistake, didn’t let her get on that train? We are letting you do just that.

Quote: Originally posted by letter
Congratulations Sir and/or Madame you have been randomly selected out of billions of people to test the newest product from Sim Development. You might recognize us as a branch of the famous EAxis, the company that discovered the Ground Zero Facility.
It is self apparent that since Ground Zero Time there has been many technological advancement. Our product is a result of this sudden surge of new inventions and ideas, a second Renaissance if you will. Fortunately, you are going to be able to be one of the first people to ever test this product. (You get to be guinea pigs, wait….. not really guinea pigs, guinea pigs are really expensive these days…. I can’t think of a good metaphor.) For added fun and enjoyment, our Head of Public Relations has convinced us to make this a competition so that, if things do go horrible wrong, you will be less likely to sue! Anyways, if you happen to win this competition you will be able to keep T.U.M. (Time Controller Module) and make any (minor, not incredible reality warping) changes you please.

Included with this letter is a package that contains our time travel suit/remote/room/ect. (We are giving you various models for testing). Have fun!

RULES:
1.) Follow all SC2 Forum rules, Contest rules, and picture sizes. (you may link to pictures)
2.) You may enter one Sim or a team of two Sims working together. If you choose to have two Sims, I expect to see as much of one as I do the other. Also, the change should effect both people.
3.) You MUST have either a teen, adult or elder. You can mention having younger kids, but they cannot enter the competition because there is no logical explanation why they would recieve the package
4.) Any species is fine, if you want a purple alien whose descendant crash landed on Earth/Sim Earth/where ever and had many generations of purple children one of which finally became your applicant, you may.
4.) You may use whatever you want as a time travel device, whether that me a metallic suit on ModtheSims 2, one of the aspiration rewards or something you made yourself. Just have it known what you are using to time travel
5.) Please no verbal abuse to anyone. If you are a repeat offender of this rule, you will be thrown out of the contest.
6.) Photoshopping is allowed, but try not to overdo it.
7.) No stealing, if I find out you stole anything, I will hunt you down.
8.) One application per user. Pretty self explanatory
9.) Have fun!

Appliactions:
Name(s):
Ages:
Short Bio:
Hometown:
Headshot(s):
Shot of Sim(s) finding the package/letter:
Do you think it is chance that you got this letter, or fate? :

Scoring

Writing: x/20
Pictures: x/20
Creativity: x/10
+Bonus x/10

If an error is found in my math, I will award the first person to inform me of it 1 point. If you are not actually a participant…… you get a pat on the back. Sorry.

The winner will be decided by an average of their previous scores.

Rounds
1.) My History
2.) My Bad
3.) My Revenge
4.) ???

As my last contest, I am going to have the Bonus round be a story itself. However, this time it will be more of a What if….? Meaning that the bonus will probably not connect to the main rounds.

Judges

These are the people who grade each round and giving comments to the applicants. Judges are expected to supply constructive criticism, suggestions and other helpful comments in response to the participants round submission. Please do not sign up for judging if you know you will not or are likely to abandon the contest, it just causes many more problems than are needed. If you are going to unable to get the scores in for a round, please contact me as soon as possible so I can ask an Emergency judge

3.) Aimsme

Emergency Judges

These are the people who volunteer to be the back-ups. If a judge is unable to fulfill his/her duty then the emergency judges fill in. As a last resort, I myself will judge the round. Even if the list is filled, you can always sign up to be an emergency judge. I will just move my name farther from the top.

2.)
3.)
4.) Game Shark

Contestants

These people are the blood of the contest. Without them this competition would not be possible. They are the ones who participate in the rounds and can eventually win (a) prize(s). I would love as many people as possible to sign up so that this competition can be interesting. Please though, only drop out unless it is a last resort. A list of contestants will be listed in a post below.

Prizes

Pretty self-explanitory. These are rewards for the winners. Prizes are always needed and welcomed. If you have something you want to donate, do not hesitate to do so. I am still not very good at making sims, or homes and I do not think the contestants want anything of bad quality so your donations are needed. The list of prizes will be listed below with the contestants.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd May 2008 at 1:34 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 5.1.08
Ends 6.1.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2008 at 2:20 AM
Ooh! I didn't think that it would be approved yet.

I hope you all enjoy the contest! Special Thanks to both HaughtySims and Cinamun who both looked over my idea.

Just a few notes:
Saying that they sent out multiple versions of the device is just my way of saying you can use whatever you want as a time travel device

Also, with exception of the first round every round is going to deal with making changes within your applicants own life.
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2008 at 2:21 AM
This post is reserved for Contestants and Prizes

Contestants
1.) Marie Winterbourne (CiseCasie)
2.) Molly Mattimere (omgitsashley)
3.) Daniel and Jake Hallow (ineedalife)
4.) Bartley Webber (duderocks)
6.) Alvaric Hunter (sindeydoj) Round One
7.) Tori Becke (bustedd) Round One
8.) Cassandera Lane (evlevnz92) Round One
10.) Sylvia Serrano (Paradise)
11.) Gertie Pollock (emszii)

Prizes
Donated by the lovely Vampire of Death
#5 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:05 AM
i dont quite understand the whole concept (maybe im dumb? lol) but ill join, i love contests.
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2008 at 10:27 AM
You are not dumb. It might just be me. I'll see if I can make it more clear when I am less sleepy.
#7 Old 2nd May 2008 at 1:06 PM
Default Application--Molly Lattimere
Name(s):Molly Lattimere
Ages: 23
Short Bio: Molly is a 23 yr old single mommy to a 6 yr old girl and a 2 yr old boy. She and Joshua(the father of her children) recently got a divorce after a 2 year marriage, even though they have been dating since high school. Molly's parents disown her because of the mistakes she made in her life. And they don't even come around to see their grandchildren...its terrible. Most of the time Molly wishes she could go back to high school and change a few things
Hometown: New York
Do you think it is chance that you got this letter, or fate? : I'ts fate. everything that happens, happens for a reason. The world is letting me have a second chance at life. How great is that?

HEADSHOT:
here

FINDING TIME TRAVELLER
here

My Kids were outside playing when a mysterious man dropped off 3 huge boxes in front of my house, they came to get me, i immediately started going through the boxes and found a traveling device. i was in complete shock, my daughter was excited and wanted to play with it. It took me 3 whole days to read the entire directions

Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd May 2008 at 2:09 PM
I'm definatly going to join!(even though I probably shouldn't. =p) back in a while with app!

Names: Daniel and Jake Hollow
Ages:Daniel-24 Jake-25
Hometown-Crystal Lake, Leaf Island
Short Bio- Daniel-Jake and I met during college, and fell straight in love. We graduated last year, and Jake proposed. That summer, I found out I was pregnant, but three months later, I went to get some new maternity clothes with some friends, and we got into a wreck. The baby didn't make it, and I always wish I could go back and just walk to the store instead of driving.

Daniel

And Jake

Jake-Daniel and I had been out in the yard and fell asleep on the bench, when we woke up, there was a big box with a time machine and the letter inside. Daniel got all freaked out when she saw it.
Do you think it is chance you got this letter, or fate?
Daniel-Definatly fate. The big guy must think I deserve a second chance with the baby as well.

<3
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:14 PM
Default Marie Winterbourne (CisteCaise) - Application
Name: Marie Winterbourne
Short Bio: After graduating with an advanced degree in Art from Sim State University, Marie landed a gig doing fashion photography for Vague, one of the most popular avant garde magazines in the country. Now she spends her days photographing the beautiful people in ridiculous fashions, but she sometimes wonders how her life may have been different if she had done things differently.
Hometown: Riverblossom Hills

Headshot:

Shot of Sim(s) finding the package/letter:

One morning Marie heard someone ring her doorbell just as she was getting out of the shower; when she went to the door, all she found was a mysterious package from Sim Development. When she opened the box, she was taken aback by its contents.

Do you think it is chance that you got this letter, or fate? :
"I think it must have been fate! I believe that everything happens for a reason, so this is very exciting for me." - Marie

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd May 2008 at 8:26 PM
Thank you Ciste for joining Cistie. Marie looks great! I like your second picture. Very nice.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd May 2008 at 8:38 PM
Thanks! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:46 PM
Ooooh, I adore time travel, I will definitely be entering. Before I write up my app however, will the rounds be multiple trips into the past or is it all one trip?

Secondly, how long will the rounds be?

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd May 2008 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
Ooooh, I adore time travel, I will definitely be entering. Before I write up my app however, will the rounds be multiple trips into the past or is it all one trip?

Secondly, how long will the rounds be?

It will be one trip into the past, however if your sim finds what he/she did made things worse, then you may have a reset button which will put things back to the way they were.

Rounds (if all goes well) will be five days in length
#14 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:16 AM
so its kinda like back to the future? lol
Instructor
#15 Old 3rd May 2008 at 3:16 AM
Default Application: Bartley Webber
Name: Bartley Webber
Short Bio: Bartley graduated with a degree in Psychology in La Fiesta Tech. He topped the licensure exam and is now a very successful psychologist. Currently, he is looking for the love of his life and hopefully, have a family of his own in the near future.

He loves music, photography, and upscale restaurants.

Hometown: Desiderata Valley

Headshot:

Shot of Sim finding the package/letter:

"Well, I was just doing my usual business. You know, preparing for work, breakfast..along those lines. As I walk into the door, I found a sack of money, along with this pink package with my name on it. When I opened it, I was so shocked, I almost fainted."

Do you think it is chance that you got this letter, or fate?: Fate, definitely. The must be a reason why they want me to test this product.
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd May 2008 at 11:13 PM
I apologize for not updating. This thread wasn't bolded like it usually is when there are new replies. Great entries everyone!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:01 PM
Default Elise Morton- App
Name: Elise Danoch-Morton
Hometown: South Sudbury, USA
Short Bio: Elise was the golden child of her town, building combustibles by the time she was six and manufacturing her own cars by ten. In high school she met a man named Walter, and love bloomed between them. However, once Elise went to college she and Walter drifted apart and she wound up marrying a man she met at college, one Marty Morton. She bore Marty a daughter named Annie, but has always wondered about and missed Walter.

Headshot:

Me, last year. We took portraits for our Christmas letter, and there's mine. Gads, I look old...

Shot of Sim finding the package/letter:

On Wednesday May the First it seemed like a normal day... I was a bit upset, Wednesday May the First had been when I graduated three months early, never to see Walter again. This year... it fell on the same day of the week, and this year I found a pacakge on my front stoop, wrapped in the same wrapping paper Walter had always used. Breathily I tore the entire thing open...

And found a letter from some company testing a time machine. Manufacturing instructions were included, and there I had it... a time machine made of duct tape.

Reassuring ain't it?

Do you think it is chance that you got this letter, or fate?: Chance. Why me, a lady in a dull marraige mooning over her high school sweetheart, as opposed to someone who really needed it? Like the President of the United States? Or someone who could ahve prevented loss of life? It was chance, that I know. But chances are good that I'll take this random occurence and get to live a perfect life!

I hope its OK that shes using first person... and if anything is wrong with that, let me know, and I'll fix it lickety split!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#18 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:06 PM
Put me on as an ER judge Gameshark!
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th May 2008 at 5:08 PM
Its perfect Furry, thank you for signing up.

Elise looks wonderful.

Thank you Haughty for signing up!
Site Helper
#20 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:23 PM
Name: formerly Corrigan, then DeathShadow, now Alvaric Hunter

Short Bio: When the Demon lord Malkoth rose to power one of the first realms to fall was the faerie realm of Aspir. They were given a choice of serving as assassins in the armies of Death, or serving as sacrifices on the altar. At first the missions were more of the sort "We need someone expendable to weaken the opposing forces before the main troops arrive. Take as many attempts as you need, but if the mission is not completed by the time the main force arrives, and you are still alive, you would probably rather not be."
After several successes against difficult odds he finally earned the name DeathShadow. He never failed. When Malkoth was finally defeated DeathShadow quickly realized that anyone who had been one of Malkoth's most loyal and deadly servants was likely to be executed on the spot if he were ever caught. With nothing left to lose he dug out a tome of forbidden magic from the ruins of his master's fortress and cast a spell which sent him adrift through the cosmos.

Hometown: Currently residing in Sedina.

Head Shot:

When a mysterious package arrived he was at first suspicious. But his people are known for their curiousity, so he finally took special precautions in case it was a trap and opened it. Now he is intrigued.

Do you think it was Chance or Fate that you got this?

Fate? What is that? Actions that do not involve a being's Will are random, and therefore Chance. Actions which do involve a being's Will are Choice. So all that happens is a blend of Chance and Choice. There is no such thing as Fate.

(I am hoping to have time for this contest, but I may not. I often go for several days without being able to get into my game.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:56 AM
Default Questions
Been bit by the contest bug so I'm thinking of joining. A few questions though.

When does the application round end? How long is first round gonna take?
We can link to images but is there a preferred imagesize? Forum rules says 650x550 I know, but I'd like to go bigger. So how big is too big?

:howdy:
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:31 AM
Applications will continue until I have 10. I would like to start Wednesday, but who knows.

If I don't have enough applicants I'll probably continue the apps into Round One

I'ld prefer a maximum of 650x550, but I do not remember the picture rules for this forum. If I remember correctly, the size and number rule does no apply here.

If you are going to use a bigger picture, please link it because it annoys me when the page is stretched out.
#23 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:38 AM
I'll be a judge if you need one. I've also got a sim to donate as a prize- I'll PM with details.
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:43 AM
Thank you aimsme!
#25 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:18 PM
You're welcome! Will PM about the prize donation tomorrow- my computer's gone spazzy at the mo.

Page 1 of 6