Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 8:07 AM
Good work guys and I wish you all the best on this contest :clap:....

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#302 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 10:51 AM
FINAL ROUND ENDS ON THE 25th.

Only one has submitted, so get your entries in.
#303 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 11:42 AM
Default Laurel Evans: Round 4
The Grunt family was quite a project, how do you design a house of four boys? I used earth tone greens and browns and geometric prints with a touch of rustic finishes to create a masculine feel throughout the main living area of the house.

The kitchen is small because these typical men order out more than they actually cook.

There is a small office area in the pass through between the dining and living room. It has some bookcases and a desk with a computer for maximum efficiency. Next to the office is a little area for family nights, I thought it would be a good idea to help unite the family in something other than just working out.

The living room is the hub of all activity, with its huge entertainment centers and tv. The cozy couches and furnishings complete the look.

Buzz's bedroom is located on the main floor to help conserve space. I made his room masculine and even used some camo green. The only thing Buzz really cared about though, was being able to watch tv from bed.

Ripp, a self-described ladies man, didn't really care how his room turned out as long as it had some pictures of some "hot babes". I gave him some posters to fulfill this request and kept his room bright with a bold primary color scheme. He also has a desk and a tv area where he can kick back and relax.

(bonus bathroom shot)
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/...pp_bathroom.jpg

Tank wanted his bedroom to be wall to wall camo so we compromised and ended up with just camo curtains. I kept the colors of his room dark and manly and gave him a tv corner where he can watch tv and play video games.

Buck was so enthusiastic about redecorating, he asked if he could pick out some things for his room. He picked out the bedding and the really cool inflatable chairs in the tv area and I based my design around that. I made his room bright and functional, and even surprised him by giving him a hamster because he loves animals.

(bonus bathroom shot)
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/...ed_bathroom.jpg

I added a basement to give the boys some extra space to entertain themselves in.

The main features of the basement are the poker and pool tables, situated next to a bigscreen tv so they never have to miss a moment of the big game when they are down here.

(bonus shot of wet bar and mini fridge)
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/...e/basement2.jpg

The home gym is also in the basement because in the desert, being underground is a lot cooler and provides its own natural cooling system. I outfitted the gym with all the latest exercise equipment and a bench and lockers area. Right across from the gym is a bathroom where the boys can shower off after a hard workout.

The backyard is a sports lovers haven with a pool, basketball court, and even a special mulched area with a soccer net. The obstacle course also found a new spot in the yard as well as a hot tub and a swingset. I also added a shed to the yard where the boys are building a trainset and where they can hang out on the roof and do some stargazing.

(bonus shot of inside shed)
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/...noliae/shed.jpg

As far as cc goes, I used a lot of rug and painting recolors, a lot of furniture recolors, some maxis match furniture (set in living room) and extracted maxis objects (tv cabinet clutter and tv cabinet without tv, also stuffed animals in Buck's room), pretty much all the curtains are maxis match and linked to bedding, and a lot of the windows are maxis match as well.

{I just realized I meant to put a sink and a microwave in the kitchen but just completely forgot, sorry! I don't have time to fix it now}

---------------------------------

wow, I can't believe this contest is ending! It's been really fun, decorating with maxis is always a fun challenge. I am amazed at how much we've done, 5 completely renovated and redecorated houses
Instructor
Original Poster
#304 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 12:27 PM
Great entry, mangnoliae. Only missing one...
Instructor
Original Poster
#305 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:43 PM
Only 1 hour left. :D
Field Researcher
#306 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:51 PM
Default Evie Zorb - Round 4

The Grunts (for some odd reason, I was told to address Mr Grunt, General Buzz and only in this way) - my last clients before leaving for an exclusive design offer. They wanted the house to be masculine seeing as it is an all male household but still be cozy.

Front:

Front at Night:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...GFrontNight.jpg
CC: Fence, doors, swing recolours. Maxis match windows.

All plants are either Maxis, Macrarossi at MTS or from Wood for Sims (Old Saloon set)

Floor Plan – Ground Floor:

Hallway:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...SC/Ghallway.jpg
CC: Table, rug, coat stand recolours. Modular stairs by Numenor

Sitting Room:

CC: Curtains, lamps, table, pictures and bookcase recolours. Maxis match couches. Extracted books from FT TV cabinet.

A nice cozy room to watch TV, read, relax or any family time together.

Dining Area/Kitchen:

CC: Counters, table, bulletin board recolours. Dining chairs are from Life Stories
Maxis match ferns.

A very simple dining/kitchen area as General Buzz only knows how to make really basic foods (potatoes) and the boys live on microwavable/oven meals.

Games Room:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Ggamesroom.jpg
CC: Chess table, chairs, curtain recolours.

A room for the all boys (General Buzz included) to enjoy some games and some light and health competition between them.

Gym Room:

Another Shot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ka/SC/Ggym1.jpg

A room dedicated to pumping iron and making the boys into MEN!

Floor Plan – First Floor

Upstairs Hallway:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...C/Gupstairs.jpg
CC: Rug, table, trophy, half walls recolours.

Tank’s Bedroom:

CC: Curtains, posters, bed, side table, desk, rug recolours. Extracted ‘crazy’ and TSS objects.

Tank wants to be just like his Dad, to go into the military and become a General. I made his room slighter mature and basic as this what he need to get use to in the world of the military but still have elements of your average teenage boy.

Ripp’s Room:

CC: Poster, desk, dresser, side table, curtains, rug recolours. Maxis match bookshelf. Extracted ‘crazy’ and TSS objects.

Ripp’s room is surfer style. Light and fresh with a touch of your typical boy mess.

Buck’s Room:

CC: Poster, bed, desk, side table, BV shelf, toy box, rug recolours. Extracted books from FT TV cabinet and TSS objects.

Buck is such a cute kid so is his room. I added lots of bright colours to his room but still kept it boyish (so he wont be teased by his brothers). I also got him small pet to look after. He needs to start somewhere if he dreams of being a pet stylist to the stars.

Buzz’s Room:

CC: Dresser, pictures, lamps, curtains recolours. Maxis match fern. Extracted items from FT TV cabinet.

A cozy and comfortable bedroom - a good place for General Buzz to think of the next challenge to give to his boys and also keep everything in ship shape order or neatness.

En-Suite:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...SC/Gensuite.jpg
CC: Towel, mirror and curtain recolours. Maxis edited shower/bath.
General Buzz's own en-suite room.

Rear of Property:

Another of Rear:

The back of the house for barbeques, basket ball, camping and the all important obstacle course that all members of the Grunt family can complete in a blink of an eye.

-----------------

This has been a great contest! I have really enjoyed every minute of it.

One of things I have learned is that I dont need all the CC I have (I am going to do a massive purge!)
Instructor
Original Poster
#307 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:56 PM
FINALLY!

Round closed. I'll PM the judges now.
Field Researcher
#308 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 2:01 PM
Sorry for holding everyone up - was typing as fast I could. :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#309 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 2:13 PM
That's okay Michie.

I have some bad news: I wasn't able to complete the Lot Bin makeovers *mutter*SCHOOL*mutter*, and there are no donations, so I won't be able to send the prizes for the winners on time, so please give me 1-2 weeks to make the prizes.
Forum Resident
#310 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:48 PM
I'm so sorry I had to drop out guys, my computer did NOT agree with me and I have to have it cleared. Good luck!

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#311 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:24 PM
That sucks when that happens during contests, photo. :hmm: I'm sorry to see you go.

My scores are in. Good luck to the rest of you.
Scholar
#312 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 10:44 PM
Scores are in. Michie, gimme your downloads folder! Great contest (most of) you guys. Sorry to see so many people go in the last few rounds.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Instructor
Original Poster
#313 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:56 AM
I'm still waiting for 3 more scores. So hang on a little bit.
#314 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 5:46 AM
I sent my scores in the other day. I hope you got them dude. :err:
Instructor
Original Poster
#315 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:51 PM
Default Final Round Comments
Judge 1 comments:

Spider Daz

AO: 28/35
PF: 30/40
CR: 15/15
E: 7/10

What I liked about this entry is that the house screams MAN! You have improved this round, but I was expecting more from you. You could’ve done much better if you took your time in doing your entry.

Overall: 80/100

Evie Zorb

AO: 32/35
PF: 40/40
E: 10/10

I wasn’t a fan of your exterior, but your interior is GOREGOUS! Great job.

Overall: 97/100

Laurel Evans

AO: 30/35
PF: 37/40

Color scheme is great, interior, check. However, I’m not really fonf of the wood flooring, but that’s just personal preference.

Overall: 92/100

Judge 2 comments

Spider Daz (Anebrd)

AO: 27/35
PF: 35/40
E: 7/10

Comments: Most of the rooms are overly large, but the warm colors help to make the spaces seem more cozy. (If the pictures are taken in buy mode, with the recolor tool selected, the action bubbles won't appear in the pictures.)

A very masculine home with everything the Grunts could want.

Overall: 84/100

Evie Zorb (Michie)

AO: 34/35
PF: 38/40

Comments: Exellent job on the landscaping! The colors used on the inside are very nice, every room is well planned. Some of the clutter may be in the way of the sim using an object.

The perfect home for the Grunt family, cozy and masculine.

Overall: 97/100

Laurel Evans (magnoliae)

AO: 33/35
E: 9/10

Comments: Nice use of dark, masculine colors for the home, The Grunts will like it for sure. The separation between the different activities in the backyard is nice, it feels like little "rooms".

Well thought out rooms, you gave the Grunt family plenty of space for all of the activities they enjoy.

Judge 3:

Spider Daz-
AO: 20/35
PF: 20/40
E: 5/10

I'll let the score speak for itself.

Total: 60/100

Evie Zorb-
PF: 38/40

Excellent! The only "issues" I have are from personal design style.

Total: 95/100

Laurel Evans-

The wood flooring is a little busy, the dining area feels cramped, and I don't like how you need to walk so far to get to the living room. Other than that, nicely done.

Total: 90/100

Judge 4

Spider daz
PF: 39/40
E: 8/10
Comments: I liked the exterior of the house a lot. I also liked how you made all the kid's bedrooms colorful. Very nice job!

Evie zorb
AO: 33/35
PF: 40/40
Comments: The color choices you chose throughout the house, inside and out were awesome. I loved the kid's bedrooms. The dining room and living felt warm and cozy. Great job!
Overall: 96/100

Laurel evans
PF: 39/40
Comments: I wasn't too crazy about the brick and the color green on the outside of the house, but the landscaping was nice. I also liked how you incorporated alot of green in your design, however I felt the house was a little too dark on the inside with the brown paint and all that. Overall, you did a really good job!
Overall: 94/100
Instructor
Original Poster
#316 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:56 PM
Default Overall Results

I only got 4 of the 6 judges scores, but without further ado...

:3rd Goes to SPIDER DAZ!

:2nd Goes to LAUREL EVANS!!

aaanndd...

:1st GOES TO EVIE ZORB!!!

Congratulations, Michie. Please claim your star in the star post. Congrats to mangnoliae and Anebrd as well. You did great.
#317 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 5:45 PM
whoo congrats Michie! I really admired all your designs, you did great!

oh, and I almost forgot, thanks to duderocks for hosting a really fun contest, and thanks to all the judges for writing comments and being fast with our scores
Field Researcher
#318 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 9:27 PM
Oh wow! I don't know what to say....!

Thank you Duderocks for the contest and I cant wait to see what you have planned for the next one!
Field Researcher
#319 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 9:41 PM
Congratulations Michie! You did an awsome job throughout the contest.

mangnnoliae and Anebrd, you two sure gave Michie a run for her money! Great job everyone!
Field Researcher
#320 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CiaoAlora
Congratulations Michie! You did an awsome job throughout the contest.

mangnnoliae and Anebrd, you two sure gave Michie a run for her money! Great job everyone!

Well I don't know if I gave anyone a run for the their money but I enjoy this contest for several reasons. I didn't realize how much good stuff I have with all the ep/sp. I learned about OSMPs which I think makes the house nice and cuttered feel. I learned several building cheats and it helped me grow a little outside my comfort zone.

Mangnnoliae and Michie your entries throughout the contest were grand.
Lab Assistant
#321 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 3:04 PM
Well done Michie and a wel deserved first place! And well done to you magnoliae and anebrd!
Sorry i had to drop out. I am still so lost without my sims, but my house has never been cleaner lol. Fantastic conest and look forward to joining the next one! Gotta love maxis stuff...
#322 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 3:53 PM
Great job Michie, your designs were always my favorite! And thanks Duderocks for such a fun contest can't wait for the next round of Maxis Home Makeover.

Page 13 of 13