Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 7:45 PM
Default Bring Your Best Beauty Forward![WINNER ANNOUNCED]
[This contest belongs in beauty]

Are you fierce, commercial, cute, funky, or eccentric? Do you have an odd beauty or are you an owner of a classic face? Well, this is the competition for you. 12 Girls in one house, all beautiful and talented, will work for their dreams of being a model.

Shoots will range from sexy to high fashion.
Bring your best beauty forward.

You will be judged on:
-Beauty
-Ability to understand tasks/following of rules
-Creativity

--------

-Photoshopping is going to be required
-No negativity whatsoever.
-No spamming!
-If you cannot finish the round, or decide to drop out, please pm me
leaving us hanging is not acceptable.
-HAVE FUN!
-No simpose
-do not rely solely on pose hacks
-Follow all Sims 2 Community Forum rules, contest rules, and rules on picture sizes.
-Human, Female, Adult sims only.
-You may enter up to 2 sims, but only one will make it to round 1.
-Sims entered MUST be your own creations, no sim stealing or tweaking.

Want to be a judge? PM me with who you are and a picture of your judge
[ex: twiggy ; picture of twiggy]

JUDGES

-Nirvana
-Psy10
-kishashante
-emspp

----------------------

ROUNDS

ROUND 2- 5 GIRLS - 2 ELIMINATED
ROUND 3- 3 GIRLS, WINNER DECIDED

--------------------------
PRIZES
moldova49 has donated an outfit
=] THANK YOU =]

Winner gets a star =]
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:58 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 5.27.08
Ends 6.27.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2008 at 3:29 AM
Checking in. =]

Applicants:

-Estelle Oakley Figgi
-Jelena Juliani May BR Fl
-Joanna Arabella Ross aimsme
-Alaina Bronston omgitsashley
-Michaela Simmons Spicycookie
-Lex Bosley RabbitRoadkill
- Dreea Sychedelie Du'Olivier Dreea
-Jo Douglas HEART shaped
-Cassie Taylor Nukeya
-Morgan Medina Lisaelle

Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st May 2008 at 4:37 AM
Sounds interesting. Is there anything that is required in the application other than name and picture?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st May 2008 at 10:41 AM
Maybe you should read this before you make the judges anonymous.

http://forums.sims2community.com/announcement.php?f=28

Scroll down and look for 3+ judges are required.

I just didn't want to see you get into trouble! Looks like a nice contest. If I had the time, I would join. Good luck!

I'm Michele D......
Scholar
#6 Old 31st May 2008 at 12:50 PM
Default My application - Estelle Oakley
Name: Estelle Oakley

Day Job: Prep Cook

Style: Classic and mature

Brief Biography; "I was born and raised in an orphanage in Strangetown. I have just got married (the pictures are from my wedding photo album) and I gave birth to my third child recently. My hobbies include catching up on celebrity gossip and spending time with my family and friends. I've wanted to be a model since I was younger; however I had my first child when I was only 19, so I finally have the chance to follow my dream now."

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Instructor
#7 Old 31st May 2008 at 2:04 PM
The judges names have to be posted IN the first post, I've used anon form for mine for the duration of Top Design, but my contestants know who they are. Just now in which order their scores were posted, and not who's scores were whose.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:24 PM
Connectzeedots, could you give us a quick example of the stuff we need to include in the application? I don't want to miss anything out lol! Thanks! :D

1st The Next Miss “Her Pose” 2nd The Next Miss Rehab Cycle 1 2nd Little Miss Cutie Pie Cycle 1
3rd Miss Mommy To Be Cycle 1 3rd Miss Mommy To Be Cycle 3 3rd Starless Studs Cycle 1
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:27 PM
Yep, I would like to know what are the requirements for the apps, too.
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 2:42 AM
You Need A Headshot With A White Background, Bodyshot With White Background, And A Free Shot
#11 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 2:43 AM
ok thanks, and background info?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 7:58 AM
Jelena [he-lay-na] May

Name: Jelena Juliani May

Bio: Practically living in Veronaville's library, Jelena never experimented with the dating scene or what is 'in'. Coming out of an abusive relationship that lasted from her teens to her early twenties, this librarian has feared being hurt and has therefore immerrsed herself in the only love that wouldn't hurt her, books. Becoming a model will help Jelena push her to her limits and bring back her once outgoing self.

Head Shot:

Body Shot:

Free Shot:
#13 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 8:30 AM
Default Joanna Ross- Application
Name: Joanna Arabella Ross

Bio: After leaving university, Joanna Ross signed up with the Landgrabb Corporation. Some said it was talent, others her 'close' relationship with Marcus Landgrabb IV that got her to one of the company's top positions. Either way, she made it and for five years held one of the highest-paying jobs in Simmerica. However, when Marcus Landgrabb III died, shunning family tradition to pass on the company to his Vice-President Goopy GilsCarbo, many of the company's higher employees realised it was time to leave. They were right- the Landgrabb Corporation went into solid decline for a year until it went bankrupt- but after leaving, they found that very few people would employ them, and Joanna was left heartbroken when Marcus IV left her a few months later.

Her life's beginning to look up again, and she still has plenty of money left over, but her friends think that a career in modelling would be the best thing for her, and at their urging, she's agreed to try it out.

Style:

Her business career has left a lasting impression on Joanna, and she now prefers to wear 'smart but casual' clothes. Her two favourite colours are grey and pink, and she doesn't mind wearing retro when the occasion calls for it.

Headshot:

Full body:

Free shot:

#14 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 9:02 AM
i love your freeshot aimsme

BTW, my application is being worked on. i added a bodyshot

and question. I added 2 sims, does just one of them go to round 1? will apps be judged for it or do i pick who i want to go on?
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 5:25 PM
Default Sychedelie Du'Olivier - Application
Name: Sychedelie Du'Olivier
Job: Part-time model, full-time designer

Face

Body

Free
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 5:31 PM
Ashley, Alaina looks so much alike Paris Hilton
#17 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 5:40 PM
thats weird that you say that, her grandmother was a download of paris hilton i used (which didnt even look like her) and her father was paris's son which totally didnt look like her lol. you're girl is beautiful
#18 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 6:14 PM
Thanks ashley! Your girls are beautiful- and so is Dreea's!
#19 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 6:25 PM
thanks
#20 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 8:42 PM
Default Charlie Sharwen
Name: Charlie Sharwen
Bio: Charlie is a shy girl who likes the arts. She plays two instruments; the cello and the piano. She also likes to paint on canvas.
Charlie dreams of becoming a magazine cover model or getting a job where she doesn’t have to hold back her real, brilliant, beautiful side.

Head Shot

Body Shot

Free Shot (1)

Free Shot (2)
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 9:20 PM
Thanks Ashley and aimsme
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 12:57 AM
Default Jo Douglas [ENTRY]
| NAME |
Jo Douglas
| AGE |
| YEARS OF EXPERIENCE |
| BIO |
Gladly, my very generous pal influences my moving for Paris. Quickly I siezed his offer. Though my modeling career has risen, I'm feeling somehow displeased. For now, I'm unsure why.

| HEAD SHOT |

| BODY SHOT |

| FREE SHOT |
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 2:11 PM
Kimberly, I want to ask you if you are going to run this contests and pay attention to the contestants. There are 8 contestants already, but you never gave us the info that needs to be put in the apps. I joined this contest and I want to stay in it as long as the judges like my work and give me good feedback. I don't want to waste my time or yours if you are not going to pay attention to this contest. I'm sorry, I don't want to offend anyone.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreea
Kimberly, I want to ask you if you are going to run this contests and pay attention to the contestants. There are 8 contestants already, but you never gave us the info that needs to be put in the apps. I joined this contest and I want to stay in it as long as the judges like my work and give me good feedback. I don't want to waste my time or yours if you are not going to pay attention to this contest. I'm sorry, I don't want to offend anyone.

Not to sound nasty but I agree; I think this is what's holding me back from joining at the moment. I know other things in life can get in the way a lot, so I understand you can't be online all of the time, but you haven't told us what information goes in the applications or given any feedback on people's applications so far.

I've just finished a bunch of exams (whoo hoo! :D) and am looking forward to putting my efforts into something else that's a lot more fun than revision! But if I'm honest, I don't want to join something and work hard on it when the host isn't fully committed or isn't going to be able to give us that hard work back :shrug:

1st The Next Miss “Her Pose” 2nd The Next Miss Rehab Cycle 1 2nd Little Miss Cutie Pie Cycle 1
3rd Miss Mommy To Be Cycle 1 3rd Miss Mommy To Be Cycle 3 3rd Starless Studs Cycle 1
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 4:05 PM
i agree also, im not trying to sound mean either, but we havent heard from you

Page 1 of 9