Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:00 PM
Default A few questions
I've been working on making a tail as an accessory for my Na'vi sims. What I need help with is - as this accessory needs to attach lower spine, just above where trousers and shorts normally sit what would be the best joint to attach to, and what's the best accessory to clone to use as a 'basic'.

Also can someone explain to me how to find the Alpha layer to edit Male briefs into a thong type - suited for plaited leather?

Thanks for any help (sorry about multiple questions in same thread
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:39 PM
The pelvisbone is prolly the best choice or maybe a combination of spine0 and pelvis.
Best accesoire is one attached to the body, i would take one of the rings

You need to edit the base texture and maybe the mask texture if the brief has more then 1 recolor option.(depends wich one you choose)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 7:01 PM
Okay thanks for that - are there any good and easy tutorials I could use that'd walk me through the steps of making the accessory etc and where to find the texture and mask texture?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 8:47 AM
Download Delphy's CTU and go fiddle with it, there are a few guidelines here and there.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...3_CAS_Tutorials

start with the male briefs:
Open CTU Look up the outfit, Age/Gender/Type---adult/male/bottom at the ''find the CASpart tab''
Add its original designs(copy them from base) at the designs tab
Export the base/specular and(if needed) the mask texture, edit them and reimport them back and see the results in 3d view.
Save your new cloned briefs.

when you get the hang of it start with the tail
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...shing_Tutorials
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:46 AM
Thanks Base!