Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 4:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Strange downloads problem
my downloads folder if full of custom content but when I play sims 2 (all packs) only the new content shows up so like everything I downloaded in the past week or so shows up but nothing from last year or anything like that shows up

what could be happening? does my game have a virus?
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 2:11 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.

Have you done the steps in the Getting Custom Content to Show Up faq? Did any of the old downloads ever appear in your game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.

Have you done the steps in the Getting Custom Content to Show Up faq? Did any of the old downloads ever appear in your game?

yes i've done the faq no the downloads still won't show up. it's really weird everything i've downloaded new works all the stuff I had from before old won't work
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 1:24 PM
Are any of the old downloads from here? If so, try finding them again, download a new copy and seeing if those work.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 3:58 PM
When did the old stuff stop working?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 2:08 AM
when I put it back into downloads