Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 10:40 PM Last edited by mikey : 11th Apr 2014 at 4:26 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Graphics Devices Not Found in Database/Graphics Card Problems
I don't know where else to go, the Sims 3 forums keep 404ing on me whenever I try to post this, so I've come here.
Previously on my current laptop I had the base game and every expansion pack (minus Into the Future) installed and working fine. A corruption in Windows 8.1 made me reset the computer, and now not even the base game will play. The game is patched and up-to-date, and I can get past two loading screens before it flickers and crashes. Changing DEP and Compatibility settings doesn't work, I've tried both separately and together. The Crash Log Analyzer says "Warning: Graphic Device(s) Not Found in Database: 0x0a16 "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family", but the tutorials on getting the game to recognize my graphics card make no sense to me because I think this might be a problem (image below).

Here's my DxDiag, please help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 8:22 PM
Your installation may have become corrupt during the issue with your computer/laptop. It might be best to uninstall completely and reinstall new/fresh.
  1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
    -
  2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
    and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
    -
  3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
    • Tips Before You Begin
    • Patching Common Errors
    • Manual Patch Downloads
    • Invalid File Errors and more