Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 8:59 PM Last edited by briannalottchea : 11th Jan 2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Added Pictures

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural
Game Crashes Right Before Family Loads!!
Hi,
So I have never posted a question on this site and I'm hoping I'm in the right area. Okay, so a couple days ago, I believe the 9th or the 8th, I went on a spree and installed a ton of content not from the Exchange including some maternity clothes, new cars and some mods. Most of the content I installed were sims3packs so I installed them like I would from the Exchange. Just to make sure I did them right, I downloaded them and either moved them to my Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Downloads folder or zipped them into there. For the content that weren't sims3packs and for the mods, I zipped them into Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>Packages. The only content I downloaded that weren't sims3packs were mainly just maternity clothes. The rest were mods such as the icarusallsorts.ServeMeals.package or BabysitterTeenCareer.package or Vanity Sims - Blow Tattoo Set (Infinity).package. I got some mods off of this site and a few off of others such as the tattoo and I think the career mods. But the majority were linked to this site. So, since I downloaded these mods, every time I load my game, it works perfectly fine up until my chosen family is just about to load. The launcher loads fine and I can press play and get to the main menu. It's after I choose a family and it loads almost all the way that it decides to crash. I removed all of the things I had recently downloaded apart from the sims3packs because I had already installed them and since I have A TON of CC, I didn't feel like going through it all. But, they wouldn't have any impact on it the problem would they? Please help! It's been 2 or 3 days and I'm frustrated and can't find any solutions!!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by briannalottchea
Hi,

Hello ^^

A moderator probably will move this thread, but next time remember to post in the Help section of TS3.
That's the right place for this kind of stuff and you'll have more chances to receive an answer.

Anyway, since I'm already here...
Quote:
I went on a spree and installed a ton of content [CUT]
So, since I downloaded these mods, every time I load my game, it works perfectly fine up until my chosen family is just about to load.[CUT]
I removed all of the things I had recently downloaded apart from the sims3packs [CUT]
I have A TON of CC, I didn't feel like going through it all. But, they wouldn't have any impact on it the problem would they?

Quote:
can't find any solutions!!

I'm sure you actually can find a solution and if you need help there are tutorials and/or
sticky threads and/or wiki pages that explain how to handle this kind of issues. In the Help
section of the forum usually you'll also find some kind soul that will help you directly or
point you to the right place.

If you are willing to accept a few tips, here's what I have to say: no matter how trusted/responsible
a website or single author can be, the risk of getting an outdated, corrupted, bugged or simply
badly designed cc/mod is always present. To reduce the chances of getting one, make sure you
read its description before downloading, maybe there are requirements or special instructions
for a certain item to work properly (game version compatibility probably the main one).

This is specific for content in .package format (but step 2 partially fits also for Sims3Pack):
  1. In Mods/Packages, create a folder called "NEW STUFF" or "NOT TESTED YET" or "EXPERIMENTAL". Whatever.
  2. Temporarily put new things in that folder. Don't install too much stuff at the same time, but just the right amount you are comfortable/able to actually test in game
  3. Once you verified that every new "item" works fine, you can move the packages in another folder (and I suggest to organize/divide them somehow: bu type, by function or what you want)
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, keeping in mind that more stuff you add, more burdened your system/game will be (performance, loading/saving times, etc)

Sure, this takes time, may be boring and is not error-proof. But it's better than the game crashing.

I hope this can partially help you (and watch Jim Carrey's impression of Horatio Caine if you didn't before).

EDIT: Whooops, I just found out that this thread was a bit old, sorry.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#3 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 3:19 PM
@briannalottchea, I've moved your thread to Help since it apparently has zero to do with creation. Also maybe divide your post into paragraphs. It's just a wall of text right now which makes it somewhat hard to read.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Hello ^^

A moderator probably will move this thread, but next time remember to post in the Help section of TS3.
That's the right place for this kind of stuff and you'll have more chances to receive an answer.

Anyway, since I'm already here...

I'm sure you actually can find a solution and if you need help there are tutorials and/or
sticky threads and/or wiki pages that explain how to handle this kind of issues. In the Help
section of the forum usually you'll also find some kind soul that will help you directly or
point you to the right place.

If you are willing to accept a few tips, here's what I have to say: no matter how trusted/responsible
a website or single author can be, the risk of getting an outdated, corrupted, bugged or simply
badly designed cc/mod is always present. To reduce the chances of getting one, make sure you
read its description before downloading, maybe there are requirements or special instructions
for a certain item to work properly (game version compatibility probably the main one).

This is specific for content in .package format (but step 2 partially fits also for Sims3Pack):
  1. In Mods/Packages, create a folder called "NEW STUFF" or "NOT TESTED YET" or "EXPERIMENTAL". Whatever.
  2. Temporarily put new things in that folder. Don't install too much stuff at the same time, but just the right amount you are comfortable/able to actually test in game
  3. Once you verified that every new "item" works fine, you can move the packages in another folder (and I suggest to organize/divide them somehow: bu type, by function or what you want)
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, keeping in mind that more stuff you add, more burdened your system/game will be (performance, loading/saving times, etc)

Sure, this takes time, may be boring and is not error-proof. But it's better than the game crashing.

I hope this can partially help you (and watch Jim Carrey's impression of Horatio Caine if you didn't before).

EDIT: Whooops, I just found out that this thread was a bit old, sorry.

Thanks so much for your reply! I actually figured out how to fix it. I have absolutely NO idea how or what I did (to be honest, I just can't remember) but I got it working! I've since, however, come into a new problem. Am I allowed to mention a new problem in the thread originally posted for a different problem?

My new problem is freezing while the animations continue to run. I have googled a lot on this subject and keep coming back to uninstalling and reinstalling or downloading Overwatch and Errortrap from Nraas. I downloaded those but I'm not sure what to do with them since when I started the game right after installing them, it did the same thing.

I've done the whole process of resetting all sims (ResetSim *) which helped temporarily. But the problem is, I don't know when a townie is going to get stuck or cause problems, so how do I know how frequently I need to do it?

I hope you can help and I hope this is in the right place. If not, I can post a new thread in the same section that this one was moved to.