Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 5:56 AM
Default Can I recolor neighborhood decorations?
I specifically want to recolor the big "Sims 2" water tower and make custom billboards for my neighborhood, but can't figure out how to do it.

I've tried following the "object wizard" tutorial, but can't find the water tower at all in any of the categories. Can anyone help me?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 10:11 AM
Never mind, y'all, I have it more-or-less figured out, now. I had to put SimPE into "advanced mode" and then I was able to clone the items, then recolor them.

HOWEVER, the recolors only show up when you zoom waay in on the objects, from a distance, they look the same as the version I was replacing. If anybody knows why that's happening, or how I can fix it, I'd surely appreciate hearing about it!
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 3:04 AM
Maybe try updating the sizes for the texture when you import it? I haven't had this problem (yet ) so this is just a guess

Siggy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 3:10 PM
Default I figured it out.
I finally figured it out. I only replaced the "big" texture, I didn't realize that the objects also had smaller versions of the same texture. I don't know if it works this way for all objects, but for the billboard and watertower at least, I saw there were at least 8 files for each texture, each one half the resolution as the last.

When I went back and resized the original texture I made by half and applied these textures to their appropriate smaller versions, I got it to work at all zoom levels.

I'm still new at doing recolors, so this was a silly newbie question. But I'm jazzed, now my custom 'hood has a water tower with it's name on it!