Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 4:46 AM
simpe problem: objects dont show up
i recentley had to reinstall the game (something broke) and when i tried opening SimPE and veiwing objects in object workshop, the only ones that showed up, were holiday objects (i have holiday edition instead of the originol). i couldnt see any objects from any of the expansions i have installed right now (uni and nl but im reinstalling the rest soon). and i NEED to make a certain recolour for one of my movies(wont mention it now) so if somone could help me, i would appriciate it, thanks.

also, any recolour i've made in the past just shows up with the same odd pattern over the entire object. it is white and has a bunch of the letter 'v' in a blue colour

somebody help me please!

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 6:45 AM
I am new at all this myself, but try this. After SimPE is open (and before opening the workshop), Click on the "Extra" tab at the top. Go down to "Preferences" and open that. On the left hand side of the window, click on "File Table." Once the File table opens up, then under the Simple Settings, click the boxes of the Expasion and Stuff Packs you want to recolor. Hit !Reload, then Ok. Now you can open your Object Workshop and Start. Hope this is helpful, and sorry if you already tried that.

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by senesi2003
I am new at all this myself, but try this. After SimPE is open (and before opening the workshop), Click on the "Extra" tab at the top. Go down to "Preferences" and open that. On the left hand side of the window, click on "File Table." Once the File table opens up, then under the Simple Settings, click the boxes of the Expasion and Stuff Packs you want to recolor. Hit !Reload, then Ok. Now you can open your Object Workshop and Start. Hope this is helpful, and sorry if you already tried that.

well, im trying that, and its working perfectly, thank you so much!

im slow at these kinds of things

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 6:20 AM
Your welcome!! Glad it worked for you.

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...