Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phantomneko
I have P&N. Why is this not true for me? Edit: I seem to have fallen back into bad patching habits.

Because like all sim games everyone's game seems to behave differently.
I didn't mean my experience with the bug should be true for everyone, that's just what happens in my game. I feel it's connected to something when the character is updated or saved, like leaving CAS or saving the game, but that's just through my observation of when it happens, and I'm probably wrong. I've only had the eyes bug on the active character twice while saving the game, so it's not consistent. Loads of people have reported it spreading to every sim in the kingdom, so you're not alone with that one. I only had that happen in the times between the pre-pirates patch and the pirates ep. I was really annoyed that EA didn't fix this bug, but happy that it went back to just the character being changed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 6:13 PM
Once I installed my patches in the right-thinking way blue eye seems squashed. Perhaps incremental patching needs to be big red and flashing somewhere. I can't imagine bugs should act differently for everyone unless it's just further emotional issues with TSM and DEP/UAC/lack of child sacrifice.
Scholar
#78 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phantomneko
Once I installed my patches in the right-thinking way blue eye seems squashed. Perhaps incremental patching needs to be big red and flashing somewhere. I can't imagine bugs should act differently for everyone unless it's just further emotional issues with TSM and DEP/UAC/lack of child sacrifice.

In my experience all sims games have been the same way from TS1 onwards. I'd imagine it has something to do with not everyone uses the exact same mix of mods as everyone else, so everyone's game behaves differently. Plus it's so open ended that people play in all different ways, use all different kinds of cheats and debug options etc.
I don't have problems with quests ending and other bugs that others report, it doesn't mean they don't exist. And then you always have your kingdoms where something will happen that's never happened before and won't happen in any other future kingdom. Even across kingdoms one person's own game may not be consistent. Before mods were available for that godawful nightgown, I had a kingdom where my Doctor would sleep naked. Nothing fixed her.
I had a king in one kingdom who'd get dressed after having a bath but remain naked till you made him bathe again. Never seen either of those things twice.
In my current kingdom my monarch carries 6 demonshroud armors, even though he only owns the one he found treasure hunting, and he turns into a ghost whenever he swordfights. Never seen that before and I have the same armor from treasure hunting in other kingdoms.
Sims games have always been weird and wonderful.

Child sacrfice lol. Your post in Grims core thread made me laugh btw =D

I hope your blue eyed bug is squashed *fingers crossed for you*.
I've had kingdoms where the bug has only appeared once or twice, so it may be that it's just become buggy to a lesser extent.
Page 4 of 4