Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2011 at 3:27 PM
Default What's been your favorite custom created world?
I'm kinda bored with the EA created worlds and wanted to try out a new one so... I thought I'd ask all you what your favorite user created world is so far?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:05 PM
Riverblossem Hills found Here

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 9th May 2011 at 4:39 PM
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:48 PM
Mine's still Los Aniegos. I haven't found any I've liked better since it was released. The town itself looks great, the families are all interesting and the houses are all wonderful. I barely made any changes to it because it was mostly perfect.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/295247.page
Inventor
#5 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:56 PM
Queenstown. It's the only one I've really liked.

http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2011/0...s-3-queenstown/

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th May 2011 at 11:22 PM
Does Los Aniegos have the spawners? I couldn't find anywhere in the forum post that said they were included.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th May 2011 at 12:56 AM
I can't ever seem to get those custom worlds on MTS. Jzip kept reporting "CRC integrity test failed". And this happens on every single custom worlds I attempted. So I wonder maybe it is Jzip that fails to interpret split .rar files. What program do you people use to read those .rar files?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th May 2011 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
I can't ever seem to get those custom worlds on MTS. Jzip kept reporting "CRC integrity test failed". And this happens on every single custom worlds I attempted. So I wonder maybe it is Jzip that fails to interpret split .rar files. What program do you people use to read those .rar files?

I like 7-Zip.
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th May 2011 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
Mine's still Los Aniegos. I haven't found any I've liked better since it was released. The town itself looks great, the families are all interesting and the houses are all wonderful. I barely made any changes to it because it was mostly perfect.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/295247.page

I really REALLY love this world to. Its just that I get random freezes that can last a couple of minutes but eventually after playing for days turn into indefinite freezes resulting in a corrupted save. Real bummer for me cause the town has it all but I highly recommend it to anyone out there!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th May 2011 at 12:51 PM
My favorite world is the e-Seoul World by Hanogi from this site:

#1 I love it because I have always wanted to play an all Asian world. Once I started using it it, I converted all sims in the world to either Japanese/Korean or Chinese name and appearance.

#2 It has a lot of nice features, like functional road overpasses/unique apartment buildings, warehouse markets, houses and towers. I have had no problems playing this world, adding new lots etc.

http://blog.naver.com/museaka/100119079079
Alchemist
#11 Old 10th May 2011 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
Riverblossem Hills found Here

Riverblossom Hills for me, too. I love that it's prepopulated with interesting Sims. And all the detail that went into it, the descriptions on the houses and families, is just wonderful.
Instructor
#12 Old 10th May 2011 at 1:23 PM
I'd really be interested in playing Riverblossom but I cannot seem to get Riverview to install, is there a low fat version that doesn't require Riverview? Just curious. This is a really great thread thank you Amaira for starting it. I will keep my eye on this one so I can find a world that I would enjoy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th May 2011 at 2:02 PM
Wow thanks for all the suggestions! I definitely have some stuff to check out now *woot*
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th May 2011 at 3:30 PM
Redcliffs and Queenstown are my favourites. Redcliffs is the more demanding of the two because of its size so if you have an older computer you may want to skip straight to Queenstown.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:43 PM
Redcliffs for me is the best of the bests. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th May 2011 at 5:47 PM Last edited by Borsco : 11th May 2011 at 12:50 AM.
Does anyone have an alternative download for Queenstown as the mediafire download is not working, have tried different browsers but same thing. It's okay worked now.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th May 2011 at 7:47 PM
so red cliffs or Los Aniegos? I have Los Aniegos already anyone have both worlds which one is better?
Alchemist
#18 Old 10th May 2011 at 8:21 PM
Queenstown is a beautiful world, but my favorite is Los Aniegos for now

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#19 Old 10th May 2011 at 9:02 PM
Queenstown! Based loosely on Queenstown, NZ. Oh, thanks guys! I'm definitely gonna check that out. I wish it didn't require so much from the store and so much CC, but considering the amount of store content needed for my next world (sorry all, it's a one-off thing) I can't complain.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#20 Old 10th May 2011 at 10:02 PM
Hm, I like the sound of Queenstown, I might download when I have time
I loooove Riverblossom Hills, it is the only custom town besides a really small one I use for quick building/CAS
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th May 2011 at 10:02 PM
These all look so amazing... Unfortunately I can't get any since they require WA. Does anyone have some worlds they like that don't need WA?
Inventor
#22 Old 11th May 2011 at 5:00 AM
Hogwarts Wizarding World
Because I'm such a Potter geek.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th May 2011 at 5:58 AM Last edited by gelis : 11th May 2011 at 10:30 PM.
^ I love your avatar

Mine! MU HA HA HA

Some pics: 1 2 3
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th May 2011 at 7:35 AM
The Hogwarts Wizarding World looks fantastic.

I still only play Monte Verde. Currently I only occupy one section of the world, the part that has a park in the center, and my towns buildings are alligned around it. I've deleted all the lots from the world, and it's now heavily customized for my own needs.

What I like about this world, is the scenary, the mountains, the woods, and the fact it's small.

I do play other hoods as well, I had one guy move to Barnacle bay to find direction in his life, and 2 days before he turned middle aged, he finally found a boyfriend, but then somebody went on a cleaning spree, and unfortunately deleted that save. I would really like to play Riverblossom hills, and I'm thinking that the next time, I have somebody who would make a good adventure man/woman, I'll have them move there. I want to keep the tombs in my main hood intact, so any adventuring, needs to be done in another hood.

Most likely I'll always keep playing the main hood, and when I want a change, I'll move somebody from the main hood to another hood so I can try them out as well. I think the hoods, are one of the greatest things in TS3, and discovering them is fun.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th May 2011 at 10:00 PM
I had a bad experience with Redcliffs involving my guy sim trying to find a wife. Most impossible thing ever. Wherever he went there were no women! When he did finally find a woman he got along great with her, and then she disappeared! Whenever he tried to call she was always at work. The next woman he got engaged to, but within a few minutes of leaving her she aged into an elder! Grrrrr!!!

Queenstown looks really pretty, especially the botonical gardens. I prefer city worlds, however. I'm playing Hanogi Port at the moment, but it feels a it apocolyptic sometimes. Finding a perfect world is the hardest thing ever!
Page 1 of 2