Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM
Having a problem running program...
Okay, so... I'm having a problem running Clean Installer (and Q-Xpress... and even a non-Sims 2 related program called ToneThis), but it doesn't actually have anything to do with the program. However, I have no idea how to deal with it and there are lots of knowledgeable and kind people here on MtS2, so I thought I'd post and see if someone could help me deal with this.

I recently wanted to get Clean Installer because I keep getting errors on complete Sim downloads saying that it requires expansion data I don't have. Okay, fine... but when I installed CI, I got an error message about... mscoree.dll, I think it was. CI wouldn't load. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but got the same error. After about five times of doing this (I'm forever hopeful... or insane), I hit Google to see if I could find out what mscoree.dll does.

According to the sites I found, the .dll file in question has something to do with IE... or maybe browsers in general. Or something. I saw a recommendation somewhere to try replacing the file, so I went and I found a site that has .dll files for download.

*prods her computer*

Now I get a new error message when trying to run CI or ToneThis or whatnot... It's [Fatal error - Failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll (Win32 error: 193)], and the program then terminates (even though it doesn't even pretend to load in the first place).

I thought about going and trying to find a replacement mscorlib.dll, but I can't help thinking that maybe I messed something up worse than before by replacing the mscoree.dll. I didn't make a backup of the one I had because I never think of doing things like that... And I'm not sure it'd be the right thing to do anyway.

I've tried finding a program that will repair the registry, but I've had absolutely no luck finding a free one that's worth it (which is bad.. not being worth being free an' all), or even a pay one that has a decent trial... And I'm a broke college student (which is kind of a given... being in college and broke), so I can't really afford to buy one.

Any help with this problem, including a point to someplace else that might be able to help (if need be), would be greatly appreciated! I want to be able to install full Sims (I need Luke Skywalker in my game, yo!), so... yeah.

Thank you~

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -
Advertisement
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:04 AM
What version of .Net framework do you have? Have you tried updating that?

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 5:10 AM
I did that a little while ago, and it still didn't work.

O pitiful shadow bound in darkness, looking down upon people and causing them pain... A soul drowned in sinful karma... Want to try dying this once?
- - -