Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 5:08 PM
Default Missing Mods when loading onto Mac
Sorry this is lengthy. I have a Mac and my mods are not working. I go into TS3 to show pkg contents to contents to resources to transgaming to c_drive to program filesto EA to TS3. I posted the resource.cfg file created a folder titled "mods" and with that folder all mods titled "packages" and "Overrides".

I have tried placing mod in either folder, deleted and and reloaded the resourse .cfg file and it is like they do not exist when I load the game. I have tried deleting all cache files and not deleting them. I go into Documents to EA to TS3. I make a folder titled "mods" and post the resource.cfg file into it. I then created a "packages" folder and "overrides" folder. Again I have tried putting my mods in either folder and deleting and replacing the resource.cfg file. When my mods are here, the game will not load and shows me the TS3 initial screen and freezes. Or says unable to start game. service initialization failed (0x0295768) or loads is than it doesn't exist.

My game is patch 1.67.2.024001 and at this point I'm desperately trying to skip the intro, not trying any other mods. (Yes, I have re-downloaded that as well)

Any suggestions, at this point, would be appreciated. I am switching from a PC to a Mac and am at the end of my rope.

THANKS!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 11:44 AM
This might be a numb suggestions, but can you try and download a fresh version here http://chii.modthesims.info/FrameworkSetup.zip (It is the direct download link for Framework including the Mods folder) I suppose you have placed it in Documents -> The Sims 3 folder and here you should have the Mods folder. I assumed since it worked on your PC before switching to a MAC.

Also, did the mods say anything on the description page about not being compatible with MAC computers? Some mods aren't. I really hope you get this issue solved, as it is quite a big part of the gameplay havings mods imo!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 1:14 AM
Here's a link for MAC FAQ's And Help There are also additional links for further support within.