Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Crashing on loading screen
Hey Guys, this is my first post on modthesims so I don't know if this is solved already.

Does your game crash on loading? Does your game not load at all?

I downloaded an HQ mod and did what it said in the instructions. Then it told me to delete my cache, and I've never done that before, I went to the sims 3 wiki and said to delete these files

CasPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

socialCache.package

I deleted my files and loaded the game, it crashed when it was loading so i thought it crashed from the HQ mod, (my laptop is old) so I overwrite the graphicsrules.sgr with my graphic rules.Then I deleted the cache files again, and started the game, it crashed Again. Is it crashing because I deleted the wrong cache files? someone help!!!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 10:46 PM
those cache files you mentioned are safe to delete. you can, and should, also delete the files in the thumbnails folder.

1.did you install the correct hd mod? compatible with your current patch?
2.try placing back the original graphics rule, does it still crash?
3.does it give a message when the game crashes?
4.did you installed anything else? like mods or hack?
for example, when i installed a mod that wasn't compatible with my sims 3 patch the games crashed even before loading.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 8:11 PM
Cant overwrite
I can't even overwrite my hd graphics card with my old one because everytime I do It says it dosen't support this cd format, I've been trying to solve this problem for weeks and still, I cant overwrite it, I can't wait to play sims 3,
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 9:23 PM
we are talking about the graphic rules still (not card), arent we? when you downloaded the mod and read the instructions on how to install it (by overwriting EAs graphic rules with the new one) and you did that. simply do that again BUT drag (copy paste whatever) the original file back. i really hope you kept that graphic rules (GraphicsRules.sgr) file.

also if your labtop is old, you maybe should not use any hd mod at all. it could damage your computer.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>