Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:26 AM
Used a Cheat To Grad. Early. What Does This Message Mean?
So I never really like playing University that much because I feel like it takes soooo long for you to finish. But I enjoy the nice paying jobs and 5 wants! So I usually use a cheat to skip through. I believe its the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" but I can't remember. But it puts that golden/bronze statue of a huge apple and then you can click on it and say go to class or graduate or do a bunch of random things on there.
So when I click graduate a message similar to this appears.
" You are now at 1 hour before your final exam. After your final you will be a graduate. Yes the UI doesn't show up correctly, I'm sorry. That's what happens when you cheat."
What exactly does this mean? What is the UI? And why doesn't it show up correctly?
Thank you!

I like to build houses... primarily in Sims 2 :-)

Whoever doesn't like Sims, is crazy.
~Brooke
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:51 AM
User Interface. It probably means that your semester timer etc. will be all screwy because you cheated.

Btw, if you use the ffs lot debugger from More Awesome Than You then you can get the extra wants etc. without going through Uni at all.
Theorist
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 11:41 AM
If you do want to play Uni for some reason, but not take forever about it, there's also the semester timer at MATY that will move things forward without messing up the User Interface (where the semester time, want panel, and all are) and without giving you a snippy little message.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 11:55 AM
You can also download any one of many, many mods which make the uni semesters shorter. I have one, since spending 24 days at uni just doesn't fit in with my sims' ageing timeline, and that's even with a mod to make them live longer.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 1:16 PM
Wow, that message is strange for something made by EAxis.
Anyway, you could definitely use a mod for University.
There are some here. One for shorter semesters and other for homework.
Desk Locator is also good to have.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 3:48 PM
The Insim lets you move hours ahead as well. I usually subtract a bunch of hours. Haven't received any snide messages from EA .... yet.

If you don't like Insim (and many don't), the College Adjuster works pretty well; at least it did when I used it. But you have less flexibility when it comes to subtracting hours while the Sim is in Uni:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.